Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusion Stereo equipment compatibility issue, GPS question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpwhit
    replied
    I did check my X25 this past weekend. My NMEA 2K bus is powered independently from the head unit. And I do not have the head unit NRX power option turned on. I guess I was remembering what I thought I was going to have to do in terms of powering the NMEA bus rather than how it ended up being wired when I did the new head unit install. On my boat, the power connection to the NMEA bus is made on the back side of the driver's console where the main ground and power bus bars are located. You get to that from the driver's side bow seat. You have to remove a carpeted cover panel.

Leave a comment:

• rabooze
    replied
    Appreciate all the insight. So I ordered a Fusion MS-RA770 and have it in hand. Have not started the install because I need to make the opening in the plate it sits in slightly larger. The seller I bought the boat from had replaced the original head unit that died with a Fusion MS-RA210. It is a 2 zone unit so now my sub is hooked into the same zone with some cabin speakers and it is too much so I want the 4 zones the MS-RA770 provides. I also ordered the base NMEA2000 wiring so I have that if needed. I am going to install Friday evening. Will look through the install info to see if the remotes will wire direct into the MS-RA770 or not but if anyone has experience with installing one of these, any advice is appreciated. Attached is a phoot of the current wiring of the RA210. I see a cord going into the spot for the NMEA2000 but I didn't follow it yet to see where it goes.

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    Ok lets clear all of this up. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1373.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	2704672 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1374.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	2704673 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1375.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	2704674

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    Would be helpful if OP and/or other Fusion owners could identify existing Fusion source unit by model number. Fastest path to resolution. Several models include options for NM2K, but path to connectivity differs. Some plug-n-play, others require NM2K network injection via NM2K 'network' wired to 12V.

As mentioned above, I would be careful messing with the NM2K, especially if you're lighting it with 12V downriver.

Leave a comment:

• bloup101
    replied
    Originally posted by jpwhit View Post
    That info from Amazon is incorrect. At least relative to the UD755. The UD755 will provide power to the remotes via the NMEA 2k bus. It's an optional feature that must be enabled on the head unit in the settings menu. I didn't add any additional parts when I installed my UD755. I just wired up the NMEA bus, set all the right settings on the head unit, then updated all firmware of all the remotes from the head unit.

The original head unit in the X25 was a fusion MS-IP700i. But I wouldn't try to get one of those off eBay. They were notorious for the displays on the head units burning out. They had heat issues related to the display back light. Even if you find a working one, it won't last that long. I've actually repaired a few IP700i's back to working state, but quit using them because of their long term reliability issues.
    I also have the MS-UD755 and +1, it does power the 1 remote without any additional wires. Just enable it in the head unit settings and upgrade remote firmware. It’s great head unit with Bluetooth, and 4 zones. It’s also compatible with the Fusion wireless remotes.

I have the GPS USB map Dongle for sale if you want one.

I will differ for more than one remote requirements but I do recall something in the manual about not enabling remote power if the NEMA bus already has power.
    Last edited by bloup101; 05-12-2022, 12:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    If your X25 came with two NRX remotes from the factory the NMEA 2000 should have been powered remotely. There is also a note in the manual that if the buss is powered remotely do not enable the buss power from the head it could damage the radio.

Leave a comment:

• jpwhit
    replied
    The more I think about NMEA bus power, I probably need to look over the wiring in my boat again. I'm wondering if a previous owner did install a separate power feed for the NMEA bus. I'll check it out this weekend and post back here. I don't want to give false info in case my UD755 isn't providing all the power. I can also just unplug the NMEA connector from the head unit and see if the remotes power up to be doubly sure.

Leave a comment:

• jpwhit
    replied
    I didn't see that in the manual and I have my UD755 powering both my NRX remotes. So far it's worked great no issues. My UD755 powers up whenever I turn the boat on. I can't remember if I had to configure anything for that or not. I've never had to turn it on manually. Works that way in both my X25 and in my ProStar.

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    I do stand corrected on the original radio MS-IP700i is correct I up graded X25 to the MS-UD755 last year the install manual states that only (one NRX Remote) can be powered by the radio direct and you have to enable that function. In my case I have two NRX Remotes in my boat and the remotes will need to be powered from the NMEA 2000 network. There is a added benefit to doing this way you will be able to power the radio up with the power switch on any of the remotes as they will be powered even with the radio head off. If you power it direct from the radio you will only be able to bring it up from the head unit. The MS-UD755 also works properly with the 7 inch screen in the boat.
    The MS-UD755 is a nice upgrade from the original a day light readable display and a super capacitor to keep the radio from dropping out when you turn the Ignition switch from run to acc.

Leave a comment:

• jpwhit
    replied
    That info from Amazon is incorrect. At least relative to the UD755. The UD755 will provide power to the remotes via the NMEA 2k bus. It's an optional feature that must be enabled on the head unit in the settings menu. I didn't add any additional parts when I installed my UD755. I just wired up the NMEA bus, set all the right settings on the head unit, then updated all firmware of all the remotes from the head unit.

The original head unit in the X25 was a fusion MS-IP700i. But I wouldn't try to get one of those off eBay. They were notorious for the displays on the head units burning out. They had heat issues related to the display back light. Even if you find a working one, it won't last that long. I've actually repaired a few IP700i's back to working state, but quit using them because of their long term reliability issues.

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    The Original radio in your boat was a MS-UD750 it supplied the power to the remotes with a special red power cable about 6 foot long and was supplied with the radio it was connected from the rear of the radio and the NMEA 2000 buss that is connected to the remotes.
    The new radio MS-UD755 will not supply power to the remotes this way. You will need to replace the red line with a standard NMEA 2000 power insertion line. It has power wires that will need to be connected to 12v.and ground. I connected my power wires to the rear of the outlet in the glove box. this should make the remotes come to life.( ANCOR MARINE NMEA 2000 Power Tee Amazon)

The GPS function requires you to install a small Map USB stick in the USB port located just to the right of the drivers elbow.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by RDahler; 05-10-2022, 12:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rabooze
    replied
    Thanks for the help. Responded to your other message as well. I appreciate the help. I looked online and a current MS-RA770 is running $699 and that is the only 4 zone unit. I will see what Ebay has to offer. Appreciate all the input.

Leave a comment:

• jpwhit
    replied
    You need a Fusion head unit that is NMEA2k complaint and supports 4 zones. I think the Fusion Apollo Series MS-RA770 is the only current model that fits the bill. I replaced the one in my 2014 X25 with a Fusion MS-UD755 and everything is working fine. Integration with the wired remotes as well as integration with the 7" screen. It was a much lower cost model that happened to also be what MasterCraft put in my 2019 ProStar from the factory. They discontinued that unit shortly after I bought it, so not sure if you can still find one or not. I think I paid about $300 for it.

What head unit did the previous owner install ??

The GPS button next to the display brings up the optional maps on the display. The maps come in the form of an SD card that is installed in a slot in the back of the 7" display. You don't need the maps for things like the GPS speed control to work. IMO the maps aren't worth the extra cost.

Leave a comment:

• Fusion Stereo equipment compatibility issue, GPS question.....

I just took my 2014 X25 I just purchased out yesterday. The guy I bought it from replaced the original stereo head (main piece) before i picked the boat up because it was broken. He replaced it with another Fusion unit but the new unit doesn't work with the accessory by the driver or the one on the back of the boat. He said he couldn't locate the original model. Anyone had this problem in the past and is there a fix? Maybe upgrade the two others to match the new unit? The repeater by the driver is Fusion MS-NRX200i.

Second question, how do I go about getting the GPS upgrade to the onboard computer system? When you click the GPS button it says to contact the dealer. I suspect there is another way. Thanks in advance!!!
Working...
X