X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhudgins
    replied
    Originally posted by linzandscott View Post
    I have a 1999 Prostar 190 (Chevy 350 TBI) that SOMETIMES after sitting it will not fire up. Like when we go out for the day to get our fun started, it has a hard time starting. Once it does start up there is never another issue that day. Sometimes it will go a month in between having this problem. So random to me and I have changed the plugs and wires out over the winter. The time of day doesn’t matter when it does happen but truly annoying when the issue rears it’s ugly head. Yesterday we dropped in and it would not start, as I was pulled back out I lifted motor cover, unplugged and plugged a spark plug wire and then it wanted to crank. Dropped back in and it fired back up. Not sure if that was a pure coincidence or not. Does anyone have any ideas? I also replaced fuel sending unit over the winter since I was getting false readings on the fuel gauge. I know for a fact it’s full of fuel. Any help/ideas would be more than appreciated. Scott
    Just to clarify the problem. When you turn the key is the starter turning the engine over (cranking) but the engine doesn't fire up? Or is the starter not turning the engine over when you turn the key?

If it cranks fine but doesn't start, check to see if the safety lanyard is working. With key in the RUN position (not cranking) your fuel pump should prime and the gauges should be working. Pull the safety lanyard and put the key in the RUN position, the gauges don't come no and the pump doesn't prime. This is on my 95.
    Last edited by ahhudgins; 05-16-2022, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• linzandscott
    replied
    That does not do the trick. Also, my fat fingers hit the wrong number. It’s a 1999…. I tried the throttle but that didn’t work.

Leave a comment:

• 88 PS190
    replied
    If you pull the knob out and give it throttle does it fire?

Leave a comment:

• linzandscott
    started a topic 1997 prostar cold start issues

1997 prostar cold start issues

I have a 1999 Prostar 190 (title says 1997 but my fingers are fat) (Chevy 350 TBI) that SOMETIMES after sitting it will not fire up. Like when we go out for the day to get our fun started, it has a hard time starting. Once it does start up there is never another issue that day. Sometimes it will go a month in between having this problem. So random to me and I have changed the plugs and wires out over the winter. The time of day doesn’t matter when it does happen but truly annoying when the issue rears it’s ugly head. Yesterday we dropped in and it would not start, as I was pulled back out I lifted motor cover, unplugged and plugged a spark plug wire and then it wanted to crank. Dropped back in and it fired back up. Not sure if that was a pure coincidence or not. Does anyone have any ideas? I also replaced fuel sending unit over the winter since I was getting false readings on the fuel gauge. I know for a fact it’s full of fuel. Any help/ideas would be more than appreciated. Scott
    Last edited by linzandscott; 05-16-2022, 01:33 PM.
Working...
X