Who got new surfboards this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who got new surfboards this season?

I usually get a couple new boards in the winter and try them out in January or February down in Miami. This year I didn't go surfing until last weekend.

I over the last couple years I have been digging on Soulcraft. I have a few great boards from them. I was excited when they came out with the Super Fang and their own carbon fins. I think I was the first to order that board when it dropped last year.

I also got a new board from Pure Wakesurf. I got to demo a couple of their prototypes last year and their pointed nose board was a lot of fun. I got the first revised production P1 last week. I had been waiting months for it to be released.

Sunday was beautiful and we got on the lake before a lot of the boat traffic came.

I rode the Super Fang and immediately thought it was off. It didn't turn like some of my other Soulcraft. I only tried it with their carbon fins. Most of the time I prefer my Futures Blackstix. I'll have to try it again with the Blackstix.

The P1 from Pure Wakesurf came with their own fins made by 3D. I had not tried their fins before. They are bigger than I usually ride, but the prototype rode better on Futures Machados than my Blackstix. Maybe these boards need a bigger fin.

Anyway, the P1 was super fast, quick and forgiving. It was like a combination of my favorite Soulcraft boards into one board.

I only got a couple sessions on it, but excited to get more time on my new favorite board.

What did you guys get and try for this season?

I bought a new Phase 5 Phantom for myself and a Soulcraft EM for my wife. After seeing the Soulcraft, I am wishing I waited and bought a Soulcraft for myself as well. Oh well, I guess there will be another board to buy in the future.

Unfortunately we havent been out yet to try them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
      I bought a new Phase 5 Phantom for myself and a Soulcraft EM for my wife. After seeing the Soulcraft, I am wishing I waited and bought a Soulcraft for myself as well. Oh well, I guess there will be another board to buy in the future.

I've ridden the EM. Not a bad board. My neighbor has one and she get sik air on it, but she does on every board.

So many boards to try. I wish it was easier to demo different boards.

Comment

I picked up a Ronix Carbon Pro M50. Still haven’t ridden it yet, but I’m interested to see if it displaces the Phase 5 Trident as my favorite board.

—Sky
        ------------------------------------------------
        2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
        2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Picked up a SC Control Freak for my wife and a Super Fly-R for myself. Haven’t been able to get out on them yet though. Wakesurfing on the river we normally go to was recently banned, so not as easy to get out.
          2022 XSTARS
          2020 X22
          2019 XT22
          2017 XT20

Comment

I picked up a Keys. Took it on demo last year and loved it.

Comment

None for me this offseason, but this 'lil un is loving the heck out of her new SC Superfly G-Series.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kylie Superfly2.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	2705010 Click image for larger version

Name:	Kylie Superfly.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	2705011

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post

We have P5 Phantom in every size they make for every experienced rider who surfs with us. Went from Soulcraft to P5, and love the choice. Our two Soulcraft boards were great., don't get me wrong, but for a non-custom board; you cannot beat P5.

Comment

Originally posted by rbuss4 View Post

We have P5 Phantom in every size they make for every experienced rider who surfs with us. Went from Soulcraft to P5, and love the choice. Our two Soulcraft boards were great., don't get me wrong, but for a non-custom board; you cannot beat P5.
                  That's great to hear. I have two different size P5 Hammerheads and they have been great boards as well.

Comment

I like it when companies add grom sizes. When we started surfing I thought a bigger board would be easier for the kids. It wasn't. Grom sizes make sense.

Comment

My granddaughters got their new G Series boards for the 2022 season
                      Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
                      SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
                      2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
                      2021 MC XStar Red
                      2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
                      2020 MC XStar Blue
                      2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
                      2020 MC XStar Red/Black
                      2020 MC XT22 Red/black
                      2019 MC XStar Blue/White