Click image for larger version

Name:	B3327DA3-119B-4E25-B10B-C561162B0F92.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	2704996 Click image for larger version

Name:	EC7AE0E9-FC0E-4C2D-8036-186B426712A5.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	2704995 We put the X2 on the lift this weekend. What are the best options for fuel if your marina only has 87 octane. I have the 350 MCX engine which recommends 89 octane. Are you guys adding an octane booster or bringing in your own fuel?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BE2BB9FB-CB19-4BC7-8B17-89A336D04DC9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.30 MB ID:	2704994

My boat lives on a trailer at our boat club, but our lake only has 1 fuel dock and its way over priced. I bought 5 gas cans and bring them with me when we go out for the weekend.

I would recommend the gas can route since the gas will be much cheaper and you will get what you want. Pick up a wagon and a shaker siphon and you will be good to go.

Comment

I would agree with the above, but check your marina rules/agreement first. I know some around here explicitly prohibit outside fuel on their docks. They blame insurance, safety, etc.... though I'm sure it's more about limiting your source to their own pumps.

Comment

Same for me. I have 10 gas cans and drive them down to my beach shed with my RZR and use a battery powered pump to fill the boats.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Skier View Post
          I would agree with the above, but check your marina rules/agreement first. I know some around here explicitly prohibit outside fuel on their docks. They blame insurance, safety, etc.... though I'm sure it's more about limiting your source to their own pumps.
          For what it is worth....... I can tell you that all marina insurance policies strictly prohibit fueling in the slip areas. Marina fires are serious business. There have been many of them over the years, and the insurance companies do what they can to minimize risk exposure. As much as we'd love to think the marina's are just exploiting the opportunity to rake in big $$ on gas, they aren't actually lying when they say insurance prohibits fueling at the slips.

Comment

If you want the convenience and don't mind the cost of marina gas, then yes an octane boost additive can be a good, but even more costly solution. I'm a bit surprised that the local marina is 87. Most of the marina's here have 89 and some have ethanol free 89.

Comment

What is everyone running in their MCX engines? Should I really worry about running 87 octane at the marina? Would it be wise to add an octane booster and if so which one would you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced190 View Post
                What is everyone running in their MCX engines? Should I really worry about running 87 octane at the marina? Would it be wise to add an octane booster and if so which one would you recommend?
                uh oh. Fuel debate incoming! The MCX has less than 11:1 compression, so 87 is fine, mechanically, but I usually run 89 with startron stabilizer. She always runs like a top.

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
                  uh oh. Fuel debate incoming! The MCX has less than 11:1 compression, so 87 is fine, mechanically, but I usually run 89 with startron stabilizer. She always runs like a top.
                  Not really a debate, most of these engines can run 87 however the other side of the equation is that if you are using the engine in a heavy load high temp situation you can sometimes need that extra octane.

Comment

Working...
                  X