X10 Tower gas spring boot replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X10 Tower gas spring boot replacement

Does anyone have information for the ZFT4 tower (I think) gas spring rubber boot replacement? I've also seen them called tower shock boots. Looks like a new one can be had for $350 at MCPartsDepot.com if I'm looking at the right part for an 2013 X10, Great Lakes Skipper for $25 and Waterski.com for $113. I'm wondering about how you get the old one off and the new one on and whether it's worth the effort to replace it.

I'll be watching this thread. I bought 2 new shock boots from Great Lake Skipper. But have not yet tried to install. (For that price I could not pass them up, they are a perfect match.) My originals have slight cracking.

Comment

Glad to here they are a match. Did you also get the clamps to secure each end? I found an old thread from 2018 about failing tower shock lit assist but it didn't resolve. I'm only seeing full lift assist shock assemblies for $1300+ to swap the whole assembly out. Mine work fine, but the boot tear is triggering some OCD.

Comment

can some of ya'll post what these look like installed? I am considering adding something for lift assist on my '04 X2 tower, the 4 Rev8s make for a pretty good strain on lifting and lowering by myself.

I just re-read and saw this was on a ZFT4 ... has anyone ever put these on an older style tower?

Comment

[QUOTE=Russell5;n2705231]Glad to here they are a match. Did you also get the clamps to secure each end? I found an old thread from 2018 about failing tower shock lit assist but it didn't resolve. I'm only seeing full lift assist shock assemblies for $1300+ to swap the whole assembly out. Mine work fine, but the boot tear is triggering some OCD.[/Q

The boots did not come with clamps. Nor did I find that GLS sells them. I still have to track them down.

Comment

I could swear I saw the boot clamps on MC Parts Depot and am looking for them again. I do see they sell only the tower gas shock (MC Part Part # 58218806), so there has to be a way to disassemble these and swap out the rubber boot. This looks like the right boot to replace it with. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/175132660196...dh9C88&vxp=mtr

Comment

Working...
            X