New boat buy vs. used...X22 new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
    BrushyCreekXS , I have a 21 Prostar and an X2 for surfing, but spend most of my time surfing behind my buddies X22. If you can afford it and like the X22, you will not be disappointed. With that said, if you decide to wait and want to upgrade your current boat, I would call the guys at wakemakers and discuss what would work best with your boat. Dont be afraid to add surf tabs, although I'm not sure you will get back the investment when you do decide to upgrade the boat.
    The problem with my buddies is that they are starting to buy pontoons lol...I'm 57 but would like to surf into the next 10 years Lord willing. Don't see myself in a Pontoon unless I'm joining my friends for a sunset cruise haha. Thanks for the advice on Wakemakers...I have watched one set of videos from 'Puc' on his upgrades to a 2005 XStar which included the Go Surf Assist. Seems like I would need some technician help to get that upgraded. IDK.
    2006 XStar
    Sold - 2001 X30
    Sold - 1994 Prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by coloradox45 View Post
      I wouldn't sleep on a 18-20 model year xStar either. Great boats and lots of value in them right now. Just my take as someone who absolutely loves our 18 model year star. Decent number to be found with 100-200 hours and you still get warranty from them as they are 1 owner boats. Something to think about and consider.
      Agree! I am already an XStar fan. I found a 2018 50th Anniversary locally with ~380 hours. Not high but a good bit for 2018. I'm sure its a great boat! How does it surf?
      2006 XStar
      Sold - 2001 X30
      Sold - 1994 Prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by jackpine View Post
        Not to enrage the masses, but jeepers the new X22's look sharp!

https://www.actionwater.com/inv/2022...nton-MI-PGGZ5/
        Haha...no rage. They are awesome.
        2006 XStar
        Sold - 2001 X30
        Sold - 1994 Prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by BrushyCreekXS View Post

Agree! I am already an XStar fan. I found a 2018 50th Anniversary locally with ~380 hours. Not high but a good bit for 2018. I'm sure its a great boat! How does it surf?
          Still dialing our 50th Star for surfing but so far it has been awesome! I hear if you add the unofficial “pro ballast feature” made popular by FourFourty or load up with about 300lb lead amidships it is a force to to be reckoned with.

Out of the box, the Star & X24 have reportedly the best, most customizable surf wave. If you want just a steep wave with little to no customization (I.e. you can’t make it longer, softer, etc), dare I say maybe a G series is in your future.

Comment

255k to ride a knee high wave is nuts. Get a 205v. It will surf better than you current xstar and you can ski behind it too. With the 220k saved you can remodel your lake house.

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
              255k to ride a knee high wave is nuts. Get a 205v. It will surf better than you current xstar and you can ski behind it too. With the 220k saved you can remodel your lake house.
              Haha...that was a thread stopper...err buzz killer. Pretty true if that is the only way you look at it though. I have a feeling a lot of folks will like the new boats even at $200K.
              2006 XStar
              Sold - 2001 X30
              Sold - 1994 Prostar 190

Comment

My new 2022 xt24 wasn’t 200k and I’d certainly buy it again over buying anything used at a marked up price. Love the boat and so does the family. Came from a 94 Maristar 200 DD and this thing is a beast compared to that.

Comment

if your going for surfing get into a 22 model with surfstar an don't look back. The new actuators and surf tab positioning is to awesome to pass up. Plus longer warranty period than a used model transfer (if even optional pending year), better financing costs if your not putting all of your capital up for risk and the price difference between new and used isn't enough savings to justify going to the used route.
                  Just went through this battle myself and wound up in a new model. if you can wait until the off season you can probably score a better deal than current and avoid a good bit of depreciations with next years price increase. Even better if you can find a boat show deal. Big discounts from those events as well.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradox45 View Post
                    I wouldn't sleep on a 18-20 model year xStar either. Great boats and lots of value in them right now. Just my take as someone who absolutely loves our 18 model year star. Decent number to be found with 100-200 hours and you still get warranty from them as they are 1 owner boats. Something to think about and consider.
                    I have a few questions on the 18 Star. It's a beautiful boat and I have been looking at them for awhile now. I currently have a 2017 Nautique San230, but bungy cord board straps goes all the way back to my 2002 X30. Clamping swivel racks on the Mastercraft boats are the bomb and have always been the leader in the industry. I live in the town that were the company produces those towers is located.
                    My background, I grew up on a slalom ski and then switched to wakeboarding with my son. Take the ski out every few years but prefer wakeboarding. Don't surf much yet. I figured that I can wait till I am a little older and have to go a little easier. The river that I am on is shallow so surfing is a challenge.
                    I had a 02 X30, then picked up a 06 X Star. Loved the Stars ride and wakeboard wake. Surfing was not happening back then. Was not too keen on diving the nose into the water, but we did ok on that. It just stressed you out all the time and I am on a shallow narrow river. Not a big open lake. The wakeboard ramp on the star was long and gradual, without any lip or pop off the top, so you really had to weight it down to beef it up over the stock ballast. One of the other things about the 06 star is that the wake is supper wide and not too friendly for the older folks like me to get across.
                    How does the 2018 wakeboard wake compare to the older stars wake?
                    How is the surf wake and what kind of weight do you need?
                    When did Mastercraft offer the FAE and is it on the 18 Star?
                    Thanks in advance
                    Paul

Comment

Working...
                    X