Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco47001
    replied
    If you decide on the Kicker HLCD (KMFC) get a hold of me. I designed and have an adapter to mount the KMFC's right to the factory tower points.

Leave a comment:

• MLA
    replied
    and offer a wider array of choices than either WS or JL
    Im scratching my head here.

Amps; Roswell - 1 class 4 models. Wet Sounds - 4 classes 14 total amps

In-boats; Roswell - 2 series, 2 colors 3 sizes. Wet Sounds - 2 series, 4 sizes and up to 8 color/grill styles

Woofers; Roswell - 2 series, 2 sizes, 2 colors. Wet Sounds - 4 series (free-air, boxed, powered enclosure and passive radiator enclosure) 5 sizes and up to 8 grill color/style

Tower speakers - Roswell - 2 types (HLCD and coaxial), 2 colors and 2 sizes. Wet Sounds - 3 types, 2 colors and 3 sizes

Media units - Roswell - 1 Wet Sounds - 6 if you include the 2 bluetooth zone controllers.

Sound quality is mostly opinion thats held by the listener. There are a lot of great sounding speakers on the market, and the R1 series is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• dvsone79
    replied
    Originally posted by skydyvyr View Post

I don’t understand why Roswell gets so little love on this forum. I’m a pro PA guy (Concert touring sound system engineer) and have heard them all — even run A/B tests in a controlled environment. Roswell Marine speakers generally sound better than their Wetsounds equivalents, and offer a wider array of choices than either WS or JL. I have Pro 1s on my X25, and love them.

—Sky
    I’ve never listened to Roswell speakers, but def heard of them. Nothing but good things so in my mind it’d be safe to add those to the list. Clarion is another one I’ve never actually listened to in person (at least not their tower speakers). The 3 I mentioned I’ve seen/heard their tower speakers on and behind several different boats and none of them disappointed. Just my personal experience/preference.

Leave a comment:

• skydyvyr
    replied
    Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
    Def agree with MLA. I’d decide what you want and then see which local shop can install. In my humble opinion, there are only 3 choices as far as manufacturers: JL, Wetsounds, and Kicker (w/ Kicker being the economical option). Anything else and you’ll wish you had spent more to have the right equipment. Of course there are exceptions. And getting it tuned correctly is an absolute must.

I know you mentioned surfing, but if you think there’s a possibility you’ll ever wakeboard and want to hear the music at 70+ feet behind the boat, you’ll want HLCD speakers on the tower. You can always turn them down when surfing. But you can’t make regular coaxials project like HLCDs can.
    I don’t understand why Roswell gets so little love on this forum. I’m a pro PA guy (Concert touring sound system engineer) and have heard them all — even run A/B tests in a controlled environment. Roswell Marine speakers generally sound better than their Wetsounds equivalents, and offer a wider array of choices than either WS or JL. I have Pro 1s on my X25, and love them.

—Sky

Leave a comment:

• dvsone79
    replied
    Def agree with MLA. I’d decide what you want and then see which local shop can install. In my humble opinion, there are only 3 choices as far as manufacturers: JL, Wetsounds, and Kicker (w/ Kicker being the economical option). Anything else and you’ll wish you had spent more to have the right equipment. Of course there are exceptions. And getting it tuned correctly is an absolute must.

I know you mentioned surfing, but if you think there’s a possibility you’ll ever wakeboard and want to hear the music at 70+ feet behind the boat, you’ll want HLCD speakers on the tower. You can always turn them down when surfing. But you can’t make regular coaxials project like HLCDs can.

Leave a comment:

• pmkkdx
    replied
    Budget can range all over the place and also sound quality. MLA is a wealth of knowledge and helped me tremendously when upgrading our '04 X2 (205V) over the last couple of years. The price was considerably higher that I anticipated but it finally has the volume and quality of sound that I am very pleased with.

Leave a comment:

• MLA
    replied
    You will likely need an amp, as well, since it looks like the boat did not have tower speakers originally.

A single pair of 8" coaxial dome tweeter with around 200 watts RMS to each, is a good starting point for a surf/party cove setup. You can go larger with something like a 9", 10" or 11" HLCD for greater mid-bass and more volume. Mounting to those factory spots will limit you a little bit and likely require adapters. If you choose to go with standard tube clamps, your options are wider. Wet Sounds and Kicker both have some great options that can work.

If you do have a local marine audio sales/installation shop, it can be well worth it to work with them. Even if DIY. They can make sure you get the right speaker for the job, proper amplifier wattage and fill in all the gaps, as well as getting it all set up and tuned correctly.

Leave a comment:

• rapidwake
    replied
    Hoping to have something that would provide reasonable quality audio to the wake surfer behind the boat. We have the standard 2012 X2 with power tower. Photo here. Assume we need add'l subwoofer. Also trying to determine if I need to get an A/V shop involved...assume so since there look to be cables and wiring. No idea on what this costs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6722.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.70 MB ID:	2706770

Leave a comment:

• MLA
    replied
    What are the goals?

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Budget?

Leave a comment:

• rapidwake
    started a topic 2012 X2 Tower Speakers Needed

2012 X2 Tower Speakers Needed

Trying to decide which tower speakers to put on our 2012 x2 power tower. Any recommendations or even sources? Thanks!
Working...
X