The 2023 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2023 Thread

With the release of the XT22T, seems there are some slight changes coming in 2023.

Swim platform fold down step/seat:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-22 100816.png
Views:	2321
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	2707711

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-22 101530.png
Views:	1973
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	2707713

New Klipsch speaker grills (too bad they didn't get rid of Klipsch though):

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-22 100945.png
Views:	1978
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	2707712

Anyways heres how id build the 22T. I would assume the XT23 will be gone, but it's still on the site.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-22 102113.png
Views:	2022
Size:	957.2 KB
ID:	2707714

Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

I sure like the new swim platform with the step.

Comment

I also heard some other changes with Dash & Audio options and new DSP to help with volume.

I also noticed the XT25 was missing from the 23' lineup when I was at our dealer- not sure if it wasnt up on the site yet or revamping it possibly

Step looks nice but a pretty $$ option

Something was also mentioned about a subscription service I believe similar to Onstar?

Similar step though rear seat on X lineup like the XT23/24 got in 22'

Thats all I can remember
      Last edited by brado16; 06-22-2022, 02:49 PM.

Comment

IDK about the step — functionality wise, sure, but I wonder about those hinges. The way they hang down below the deck —presumably permanently, even when the step is stowed — seems like there are several potential issues:
        • do they interfere with the surf wave?
        • are they easily bent (either by debris in the water or careless people while on the trailer)?
        • if someone is climbing aboard with the step stowed, do they risk bashing a knee or foot on them?

At least once per season, my prop gets fouled. This has me under the swim deck with a mask and a knife clearing whatever (discarded lines, plastic sheeting, even once a whiffle ball) from the prop. With one hand on the edge of the deck the whole time, I use the other hand to cut away whatever from the prop/shaft.the hand on the deck ensures that as the boat bobs in the waves, it doesn’t come down on my head while I’m under there w/out a life jacket on. Those hinges would scare me in this scenario, it seems like they could do some damage to a head or arm in that scenario.

That step may be a popular option for some, and if the hinges were different, would be for me, but as it looks there, I’d pass.

—Sky
        ------------------------------------------------
        2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
        2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Originally posted by skydyvyr View Post
          IDK about the step — functionality wise, sure, but I wonder about those hinges. The way they hang down below the deck —presumably permanently, even when the step is stowed — seems like there are several potential issues:
          • do they interfere with the surf wave?
          • are they easily bent (either by debris in the water or careless people while on the trailer)?
          • if someone is climbing aboard with the step stowed, do they risk bashing a knee or foot on them?

At least once per season, my prop gets fouled. This has me under the swim deck with a mask and a knife clearing whatever (discarded lines, plastic sheeting, even once a whiffle ball) from the prop. With one hand on the edge of the deck the whole time, I use the other hand to cut away whatever from the prop/shaft.the hand on the deck ensures that as the boat bobs in the waves, it doesn’t come down on my head while I’m under there w/out a life jacket on. Those hinges would scare me in this scenario, it seems like they could do some damage to a head or arm in that scenario.

That step may be a popular option for some, and if the hinges were different, would be for me, but as it looks there, I’d pass.

—Sky
          I think you are vastly overthinking it lol
          Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:

Comment

I thought Cobalt had the patent on a swing down platform step?

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

I think you are vastly overthinking it lol
              Ya, why should I overthink a $200k+ purchase? I must be nuts.

Sorry for being the moron here.

/sarcasm

—Sky
              ------------------------------------------------
              2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
              2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Originally posted by skydyvyr View Post

Ya, why should I overthink a $200k+ purchase? I must be nuts.

Sorry for being the moron here.

/sarcasm

—Sky

did you remove your Gen 2 tabs because you are worried about hitting your head on them? What about maybe deleting your vinyl so you don’t burn your feet in the sun? Maybe delete your tower so you don’t wack your head?

I would trust MC and Malibu did enough research here where it doesn’t interfere with the surf wave, as they look like small/skinny brackets that would interfere with it in an unnoticeable way.
                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:

Comment

I know it's a tiny little thing, but those speaker grills are kinda ugly! Otherwise seems like a cool addition to the XT family. Also, I'd assume the XT23 is here to stay; 23' is a competitive segment. I heard the XT21 will be biting the dust.
                  -Tolman
                  '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                  '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

Anyways heres how id build the 22T. I would assume the XT23 will be gone, but it's still on the site.

XT23 Isn't going anywhere. The XT22T replaces the XT21.

Comment

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post

XT23 Isn't going anywhere. The XT22T replaces the XT21.
                      That makes absolutely no sense.
                      Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:

Comment

Anyone know when the Klipsch contract expires? That's when I will be interested in an upgrade.
                        05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
                        15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                          Anyone know when the Klipsch contract expires? That's when I will be interested in an upgrade.
                          Not to derail, but why did MC and JL breakup in the first place? I don't recall ever hearing why. Surely wasn't ever messaged formally, but figure someone here knows the story.
                          ¡Viva 205V!
                          2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                            I thought Cobalt had the patent on a swing down platform step?
                            They do. MC will probably have pay royalties to Cobalt just like they pay to Nautique and Malibu.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripler View Post
                              They do. MC will probably have pay royalties to Cobalt just like they pay to Nautique and Malibu.
                              There was a guy in my marina that had a Cobalt R5 with the swing down platform step/seat. He told me the hinges broke 3 times in 2 years. Cobalt covered it under warranty each time but it was a PIA to continually having to bring the boat to the dealer to get it fixed. Needless to say, his next Cobalt (R7) does not have the swing down step/seat option.
                              2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

Working...
                              X