The 2023 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prostar205 View Post

There was a guy in my marina that had a Cobalt R5 with the swing down platform step/seat. He told me the hinges broke 3 times in 2 years. Cobalt covered it under warranty each time but it was a PIA to continually having to bring the boat to the dealer to get it fixed. Needless to say, his next Cobalt (R7) does not have the swing down step/seat option.
    The only way to go on the cobalt is the full hydraulic swim platform.
    05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
    15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by brucemac View Post

Not to derail, but why did MC and JL breakup in the first place? I don't recall ever hearing why. Surely wasn't ever messaged formally, but figure someone here knows the story.
      I always thought it was an attempt to further differentiate from the competitors. There was a bunch of hype when it was launched and we even had a Klipsch forum member.

I do think the Klipsch system has potential, but it's clear Klipsch spent very little time in configuration and tuning of the system and it appears they don't care much about addressing even simple improvements - even in the face of lots of feedback and complaints.
      15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

That makes absolutely no sense.
        I'm confused....... Why would it make no sense? The XT22T is 21'10", why would it replace a 23' boat???

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post

I always thought it was an attempt to further differentiate from the competitors. There was a bunch of hype when it was launched and we even had a Klipsch forum member.

I do think the Klipsch system has potential, but it's clear Klipsch spent very little time in configuration and tuning of the system and it appears they don't care much about addressing even simple improvements - even in the face of lots of feedback and complaints.
          I don’t think their is a single person on the planet who has ever bought a klipsch system for their boat. Why Mastercraft went with them over JL or Wetsounds is a headscratcher.

Comment

The only way to go on the cobalt is the full hydraulic swim platform.
            I haven't seen the hydraulic system yet. I'll have to take a closer look at the R7 next time I'm at my marina. That boat is moored a few slips from mine and it's on a lift. Should be pretty easy to see.
            2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

Originally posted by prostar205 View Post

I haven't seen the hydraulic system yet. I'll have to take a closer look at the R7 next time I'm at my marina. That boat is moored a few slips from mine and it's on a lift. Should be pretty easy to see.
              Didn't nautique pick up JL now? Could be why MC can't get them back and is doubling down on Klipsch.

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post

Didn't nautique pick up JL now? Could be why MC can't get them back and is doubling down on Klipsch.
                Basic story- MC wanted to set themselves apart, and was the first to partner with JL for marine systems. They got them started. After a bit that exclusivity contract ran out, and a bunch of other boat companies picked them up. Probably not an issue until Skiers Choice picked them up in 2013ish (cant remember exactly), and Nautique picked them up in 2016. After that, it seems MC wanted to set themselves apart again, and decided to go another route with Klipsch in 2018.

I don't think it has anything to do with them not being able to use JL.

Comment

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post

I'm confused....... Why would it make no sense? The XT22T is 21'10", why would it replace a 23' boat???
                  From an offering perspective, why would you offer a 22' and a 23' boat? i dont think an extra foot makes much of a difference to most.

Just like it being an XT22T instead of literally any other name. To me it clouds the waters.

I can't wait until Crapsch is gone. I can't believe with all the negative feedback with that and how bad the UX is from ASA electronics and how horrid the DSP is, that MC still keeps them on board. I've heard the new premium plus, and still for the money, I have no idea how it isnt better.
                  Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                  Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:
                  2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

After that, it seems MC wanted to set themselves apart again, and decided to go another route with Klipsch in 2018.
                    Unfortunately they accomplished their goal. Just in the wrong direction.

In reality, I would expect most of MC's buyers don't know any better and are completely happy with the system.

But to Aric's point, it's just a shame that for the money, MC could of had put in an amazing system - assuming the noise from the Murphy screen can be managed in a better DSP.
                    15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

Basic story- MC wanted to set themselves apart, and was the first to partner with JL for marine systems. They got them started.
                      Yes, Mastercraft did help JL Marine get started. However, it's not that simple.

JL was already well established in the automotive sector. When they partnered with MC, they developed a marine line of speakers but the amp line was already established. They took the e-series amps and coated the internals to make them water resistant.

They were also up against virtually no one in the marine industry. Clarion and Sony were prob the top 2 in regards to head units, but amps and speakers were all basic at that time.

Klipsch, on the other hand, is riding on the back of its home theater success because ASA doesn't have a single reputable brand under its 12v offerings. Jensen and Polk are absolute garbage. The Klipsch commander I played with felt like the same junk, too. They are also trying to take on the full system vs just a couple components.
                      Last edited by TarheelMC; 06-24-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately they accomplished their goal. Just in the wrong direction.

In reality, I would expect most of MC's buyers don't know any better and are completely happy with the system.

But to Aric's point, it's just a shame that for the money, MC could of had put in an amazing system - assuming the noise from the Murphy screen can be managed in a better DSP.
                        This.

2017 press release said "through 2020", so they've obviously re-upped. Wonder for how long. Klipsch isn't necessarily regarded as the be-all-end-all in home audio either, so it just makes me scratch my head. Was a really bad move, IMO, especially since I'm pretty sure much of JL's engineering and assembly is done in the US. Texas if I'm not mistaken. I agree with the comment above though that most people buying now don't know better. Oh well, I was just curious. Sorry to go OT.
                        ¡Viva 205V!
                        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Its time for full heat and A/C this will set them a part and make a paragon look like a 2nd hand boat.

Things I'm interested in seeing in a new model .

1. True heat and A/C / If they can have them on a side by side, Cmon its $200k+

2. The best design for phone no one has a great place for your phone or it looks clunky IMO. ( a nice little deep box like a Tesla with charging but also out of the sun right at the steering wheel so I can see the phone but its back far enough it doesn't fall out over waves and is out of the sun so it doesn't overheat.

3. A place for ropes and fenders ( I have an X23 I'd love to flip you the rear head rest and there be two fenders sitting straight up and a rope already attached for docking. Then a smaller flip for the front where rope is already attached. Untie from the dock insert fenders back in and throw the rope back on top.

4. A real nice way to raise and lower the tower without moving surf boards and etc... Right now I use an over tower cover and love it but it would be nice if I could lower the tower without removing boards and folding the canopy up.
                          Last edited by jgraham37128; 06-24-2022, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
                            Its time for full heat and A/C this will set them a part and make a paragon look like a 2nd hand boat.
                            I mean my Polaris side by side has power windows and heat/AC, mc needs to follow. Lol.
                            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:
                            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

I mean my Polaris side by side has power windows and heat/AC, mc needs to follow. Lol.
                              Exactly.....

Comment

From an offering perspective, why would you offer a 22' and a 23' boat? i dont think an extra foot makes much of a difference to most.

Just like it being an XT22T instead of literally any other name. To me it clouds the waters.

I can't wait until Crapsch is gone. I can't believe with all the negative feedback with that and how bad the UX is from ASA electronics and how horrid the DSP is, that MC still keeps them on board. I've heard the new premium plus, and still for the money, I have no idea how it isnt better.
                                It would make sense that this replaces the XT21. Although it should have replaced it and just not have this new naming scheme. Its only a few inches longer, and its wider which helps it feel bigger. Our neighbors got a new 20ft Moomba but it feels bigger because it is just as wide as my other neighbor's XT23.

Comment

Working...
                                X