Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2023 Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by skydyvyr View Post
    IDK about the step — functionality wise, sure, but I wonder about those hinges. The way they hang down below the deck —presumably permanently, even when the step is stowed — seems like there are several potential issues:
    • do they interfere with the surf wave?
    • are they easily bent (either by debris in the water or careless people while on the trailer)?
    • if someone is climbing aboard with the step stowed, do they risk bashing a knee or foot on them?

    At least once per season, my prop gets fouled. This has me under the swim deck with a mask and a knife clearing whatever (discarded lines, plastic sheeting, even once a whiffle ball) from the prop. With one hand on the edge of the deck the whole time, I use the other hand to cut away whatever from the prop/shaft.the hand on the deck ensures that as the boat bobs in the waves, it doesn’t come down on my head while I’m under there w/out a life jacket on. Those hinges would scare me in this scenario, it seems like they could do some damage to a head or arm in that scenario.

    That step may be a popular option for some, and if the hinges were different, would be for me, but as it looks there, I’d pass.

    —Sky
    Coming from being at a BU dealer for a few years and using the boats..

    I wouldn’t order the swim step.
    However every boat we sell gets it.

    It is always dragging in the surf wave
    I’ve hit my head and knees on them way to many times.
    I’ve yet to see one bent or torn off.
    It’s annoying to open / close (BU one)
    We ordered one with the power option and it super sucked. Like 30 seconds up or down to deploy/ stow.
    it is nice to sit on with just your nutz in the water.

    However the 3-4K is better spent elsewhere IMO

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by MC25 View Post

      From an offering perspective, why would you offer a 22' and a 23' boat? i dont think an extra foot makes much of a difference to most.

      If MC only offered the XT22T and canned the XT23, I'd be waving to y'all in a G23.
      -Tolman
      '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
      '06 X30 (Sold)

      "Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

      Comment


      • #33
        XT21 would have been my next boat if I were buying. Now it'd be the 22T. I wasn't a fan of the pickle fork in my XT22.
        Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
          Its time for full heat and A/C this will set them a part and make a paragon look like a 2nd hand boat.

          Things I'm interested in seeing in a new model .

          1. True heat and A/C / If they can have them on a side by side, Cmon its $200k+

          2. The best design for phone no one has a great place for your phone or it looks clunky IMO. ( a nice little deep box like a Tesla with charging but also out of the sun right at the steering wheel so I can see the phone but its back far enough it doesn't fall out over waves and is out of the sun so it doesn't overheat.

          3. A place for ropes and fenders ( I have an X23 I'd love to flip you the rear head rest and there be two fenders sitting straight up and a rope already attached for docking. Then a smaller flip for the front where rope is already attached. Untie from the dock insert fenders back in and throw the rope back on top.

          4. A real nice way to raise and lower the tower without moving surf boards and etc... Right now I use an over tower cover and love it but it would be nice if I could lower the tower without removing boards and folding the canopy up.
          I feel like Cobalt used to offer retractable dock lines which I always thought would be a nice feature. Why are t these on all boats forward, mid, and aft??!?!?!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by JohnE View Post
            XT21 would have been my next boat if I were buying. Now it'd be the 22T. I wasn't a fan of the pickle fork in my XT22.
            Not questioning your tastes at all, but I’m curious what you and others don’t like about the picklefork bow.

            —Sky
            ------------------------------------------------
            2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
            2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by skydyvyr View Post

              Not questioning your tastes at all, but I’m curious what you and others don’t like about the picklefork bow.

              —Sky
              I just like the traditional look better and I didn't need the extra room. I like it on some boats. The Xstar, and X2 especially. I was even thinking about an XT20 at one point, and that boat needs the pickle fork bow.
              Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by MC25 View Post

                From an offering perspective, why would you offer a 22' and a 23' boat? i dont think an extra foot makes much of a difference to most.


                Malibu does it. Technically they offer a 20 and 21 traditional bow as well granted they are directed at different buyers. There are people, myself included, that like a boat that has a little more room than a 20ft but do not want a 23 footer. Personally wish the xt21 was here to stay.
                Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

                Comment


                • #38
                  My family loves trad bows as well. Even the newer not-so-pointy ones like the Malibu 21 footer. Some pickle forks look ok, but some are kinda dreadful. Just my opinion. My wife is 100% anti-pf.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    It looks like there might be an additional new speaker option in 2023. The promo boat has 3 speakers per side as shown in the second photo. New speaker locations are next to the observer seat and the feet of the driver. The "design your boat" tool on the website only lists advanced audio and premium audio for the XT22-T though. I'm guessing this is a new of premium plus, but the promo boat only has 2 speakers on the tower.

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	XT22T 1.jpg Views:	5 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	2708263

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	XT22T 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	2708264
                    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

                    I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                    www.chesnuttech.com

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ejj View Post
                      My family loves trad bows as well. Even the newer not-so-pointy ones like the Malibu 21 footer. Some pickle forks look ok, but some are kinda dreadful. Just my opinion. My wife is 100% anti-pf.
                      I also like a traditional bow better than a pf from both a looks perspective and driving. I am sure that you get used to not having a point on the boat and I do get that many like the extra space that it provides.
                      Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by clrussell View Post

                        Coming from being at a BU dealer for a few years and using the boats..

                        I wouldn’t order the swim step.
                        However every boat we sell gets it.

                        It is always dragging in the surf wave
                        I’ve hit my head and knees on them way to many times.
                        I’ve yet to see one bent or torn off.
                        It’s annoying to open / close (BU one)
                        We ordered one with the power option and it super sucked. Like 30 seconds up or down to deploy/ stow.
                        it is nice to sit on with just your nutz in the water.

                        However the 3-4K is better spent elsewhere IMO
                        I couldn't agree more. We're on our second custom build Malibu since 2020 and have never checked the box for the fold down swim step. Simply can't justify the cost for the thing and it does drag in the water. It may have value when I'm in my 60's, but not now.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by MC25 View Post

                          I mean my Polaris side by side has power windows and heat/AC, mc needs to follow. Lol.
                          For what you have in that ranger it should have those features, plus massaging seats and a fridge.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	75999A5E-C3BA-461B-82B2-6444F278A359.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	2708408
                            Originally posted by Slayer View Post

                            I couldn't agree more. We're on our second custom build Malibu since 2020 and have never checked the box for the fold down swim step. Simply can't justify the cost for the thing and it does drag in the water. It may have value when I'm in my 60's, but not now.
                            I was just on a new 25LSV last weekend with the step and it barely touched the water.
                            Aric


                            LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                            Register Here

                            2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:
                            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                              I was just on a new 25LSV last weekend with the step and it barely touched the water.
                              But that's not the new 25...
                              -Tolman
                              '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                              '06 X30 (Sold)

                              "Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                [QUOTE=jgraham37128;n2707913]Its time for full heat and A/C this will set them a part and make a paragon look like a 2nd hand boat.

                                Things I'm interested in seeing in a new model .

                                1. True heat and A/C / If they can have them on a side by side, Cmon its $200k

                                as big as The engine compartments are now They could easily shove in a water cooled condenser to remove the heat and a nice fan coil underneath the dash To cool the driver down.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X