Here’s the update video. https://youtu.be/1gGI8H2ziU8

high points for me

- 6 standard interior speakers on all models
      - swim step
      - board racks 48% easier to clamp
      - you can get premium plus audio on the 7” screen now
      -app that shows boat location, and fuel levels etc
      - 4 tower speakers regardless of audio package
      - new Bimini with surf sleeves integrated. 4 on top and 2 on the bottom. This will be super nice for sensitive boards.

Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

If it comes out weighing over 5000 pounds I will question what Mastercraft is doing with the xt series especially in the smaller boats.
        5100 pounds... wonder how the ski wake is compared to my X2.

Comment

The new step on the convertible rear seat is interesting. You kind of give up a seating spot there but it does look like a big improvement on ease of getting into the boat.

Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone know where the additional 200 lbs of ballast ends up at in the X-Star S? I'm assuming they just made the rear bags slightly larger versus modifying any of the subfloor hard tanks.

Comment

I like the XT20 improvements. It's heavier with more ballast than our X20. We look at bigger boats, but most of the time we just go out with 2 to 4 of us. The 20' size works well.

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post

5100 pounds... wonder how the ski wake is compared to my X2.
                That is what I want to know. I just do not want them to continue to make the xt boats so big that there is no ski ability. Weight just gets hard to hide.
                Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by bbenj10 View Post
                  The new step on the convertible rear seat is interesting. You kind of give up a seating spot there but it does look like a big improvement on ease of getting into the boat.
                  I think it is a good combo between having a whole walkthrough like Nautique and not having one at all. Gives you the protection to the vinyl but does not take away the sun pad and the amount seating a walkthru would.

Comment

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

That is what I want to know. I just do not want them to continue to make the xt boats so big that there is no ski ability. Weight just gets hard to hide.
                    I slalom behind my XT23 when the conditions are just right and the wake gets surprisingly decent at 32 mph. The wake is soft and manageable with the center tab at 50%. Obviously it's no ProStar, but for a 6000+ pound boat (with fuel, lead, people...), it does alright.

I think making the XT20 more surf focused than the previous generation was a great move by MC. I'd bet 95% of buyers looking at the new XT are wanting to surf primarily, and with the new redesign, the XT20 looks like the best 20 foot surf boat on the market.

That goes for the entire XT line. Before the new XT23 and XT24 came last year, I was seriously looking at the Malibu 23 LSV and Nautique G23; I wanted the surf performance of the X series without breaking the bank. The new XT's solved that issue and it's becoming apparent that the XT line is MC's best seller (now that they can actually surf). Just my $0.02
                    -Tolman
                    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post

I slalom behind my XT23 when the conditions are just right and the wake gets surprisingly decent at 32 mph. The wake is soft and manageable with the center tab at 50%. Obviously it's no ProStar, but for a 6000+ pound boat (with fuel, lead, people...), it does alright.

I think making the XT20 more surf focused than the previous generation was a great move by MC. I'd bet 95% of buyers looking at the new XT are wanting to surf primarily, and with the new redesign, the XT20 looks like the best 20 foot surf boat on the market.

That goes for the entire XT line. Before the new XT23 and XT24 came last year, I was seriously looking at the Malibu 23 LSV and Nautique G23; I wanted the surf performance of the X series without breaking the bank. The new XT's solved that issue and it's becoming apparent that the XT line is MC's best seller (now that they can actually surf). Just my $0.02
                      I understand the new surf direction that they are taking and as long as the xts continue to be good enough at recreational skiing then I am fine with that. I just want to make sure that Mastercraft has a few vdrives in the line up that remain do it all boats other than the nxt line.

Comment

To me, real innovation would be optimized space and storage, underfloor ballast, no bags in lockers, and a slalom wake that could run the course with enough ballast to have a good wakeboard and surf wake and have.... but for now i'll have two boats
                        2018 XT22 - Current
                        1985 SS - Current

2016 X2 - Sold
                        2008 X2 - Sold
                        2003 197 TT - Sold
                        1993 205 - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by bbenj10 View Post
                          This is a small but huge improvement IMHO. I really don't know what took them so long. I would pay a lot to update my x24 as I have stepped on that damn handle so many times. Plus, I am waiting on a new skin as the cool feel split right where it meets the handle - common problem I understand.

I've paid a lot of attention this year to where people sit in my x24 and I rarely see anyone sit where the step pad is located. The corners and rear facing seats are the most popular.
                          05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
                          15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

Bring back the CSX265

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	75999A5E-C3BA-461B-82B2-6444F278A359.jpg
Views:	928
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	2708408

I was just on a new 25LSV last weekend with the step and it barely touched the water.
                              I own a 2022 25 LSV and as TolCarMan, that's not a new 25. On the 2021 23LSV I demoed in 2021, it did drag in the water. I imagine it's much better on the new 25 simply due to how high out of the water the platform is. It's significantly different than the 2021 23LSV we had last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post

Excellent points. I'm impressed with the XT24 wave. I've demoed it twice, once before I ordered my 25LSV, and again just recently. It surfs very well, the wave is awesome, and surfstar is awesome. One of the biggest dislikes for me is the option set at the price point and the boat is loud. MC should have quiet exhaust on the XT line as an option and make it standard on the X series. The Z8 tower is also a killer option. I love the space in our 25 LSV and the XT24 seemed small to me in comparison. I could get over that, I think, but the family can't get over how loud it is. So, we're now looking at an X24 but it's more expensive than what we want to pay.

Comment

Working...
                                X