Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2023 Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by tomwhitejr1 View Post
    Just got quoted an X Star S and an XT24. Msrp on the star was $328. XT24 was $301.
    The difference between a X Star S and XT24 was only $27k?!?!? At these outlandish prices, how could you not go X Star S at less than a 10% price difference?!?!

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Slayer View Post

      I would be interested to know how that boat is optioned. I've not been able to get anywhere close to that with our dealer on an in stock XT24 with a 6.0. Even some of the builds we looked at tin the spring were nowhere near 170 and none had the 6.2.

      I agree with your position on the X features for the price territory. The XT surfs very, very well and we really like it.
      we have a lot of flake, all cool feel, fast fill ballast, dual screens but regular audio, s80 speakers, Z6 tower, and 6.2 motor, billet walkway door, teak platform, regular clamping board racks.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by tomwhitejr1 View Post
        Just got quoted an X Star S and an XT24. Msrp on the star was $328. XT24 was $301.
        It would have to be equipped with both the Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Team and Swedish Bikini Team, fully trained in MCOCD maintenance and buff & shine abilities, to get me to even think about paying these prices.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	8A83C498-40BE-4C6A-9AF7-697CBD808ED3.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	2710077

        Comment


        • #94
          $300k+ for a Xstar S I can ALMOST understand (not really but this market is warping my brain). A $300k+ XT 24 is stupid.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by zpacheco View Post

            we have a lot of flake, all cool feel, fast fill ballast, dual screens but regular audio, s80 speakers, Z6 tower, and 6.2 motor, billet walkway door, teak platform, regular clamping board racks.
            Thank you. That's similar to the build I had. I added Z8, heater, and docking lights, but no cool feel and was just under 200.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by tchur1 View Post

              I was quoted about $275k for a pretty well optioned xstar s a few weeks ago before the '23s came out. Same boat now is 300k+. Its insane. I bought my 20 for half that used 2 years ago.
              Is that negotiated price you'd pay or MSRP?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by cal2vin View Post

                Is that negotiated price you'd pay or MSRP?
                Just MSRP. I would like to upgrade but dont need to so haven't had a serious conversation with my dealer yet. I have been looking to move from the XStar S to the X24 and just asked for a build sheet on a new '23 x24, ill report back on MSRP and what any discounts would look like.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by cal2vin View Post
                  Has anyone priced out some of the 23 X series? A 23 Xstar with normal options (plus a thruster) was 328k MSRP!!!
                  What was the starting MSRP? On the MC site the XStar S starts at 223,500.00. The quote I got had it at 243,342.00

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by tomwhitejr1 View Post

                    What was the starting MSRP? On the MC site the XStar S starts at 223,500.00. The quote I got had it at 243,342.00
                    Part of the difference may be in the cost of the surf system (tabs). Unbelievable, but it is an option. On the build-a-boat site, it automatically selects the option but it is an add to the MSRP. On my 2022 X-Star-S it was an MSRP add of $10,230.
                    2005 X45
                    2009 X45
                    2018 X46
                    2022 XStar-S

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by WakePowell View Post

                      Part of the difference may be in the cost of the surf system (tabs). Unbelievable, but it is an option. On the build-a-boat site, it automatically selects the option but it is an add to the MSRP. On my 2022 X-Star-S it was an MSRP add of $10,230.
                      I thought that too but nope. Surf Star is listed as an option on the MSRP build sheet. It’s 12,250.00. Base boat was 242,342.00 and I added 84,787.00 in options including surf Star. I tallied up all the options and the math works out.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tomwhitejr1 View Post

                        What was the starting MSRP? On the MC site the XStar S starts at 223,500.00. The quote I got had it at 243,342.00
                        regular X-star base msrp: $239,888 on my quote from current Watersports

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                          Anyone know when the Klipsch contract expires? That's when I will be interested in an upgrade.
                          Klipsch is not the problem. MC has them under powered with not enough amp. Plenty of people now have repowered them with more amp and are amazed at the quality. FYI Supra does the same with JL, they also have them way under powered as I almost bought a 2020 SA450 and was way disappointed in their 4 JL towers compared to my 2 JL 8.8 M6 I had on my 2018 NXT22 tower that were powered correctly.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
                            Klipsch is not the problem. MC has them under powered with not enough amp. Plenty of people now have repowered them with more amp and are amazed at the quality. FYI Supra does the same with JL, they also have them way under powered as I almost bought a 2020 SA450 and was way disappointed in their 4 JL towers compared to my 2 JL 8.8 M6 I had on my 2018 NXT22 tower that were powered correctly.
                            Yeah I will have to disagree. I have repowered my entire system, and while it sounds much better, the factory DSP profiles are not good and the noise coming from the murphy screen is a huge annoyance that does not seem to have a solution. I am living with it, but I wish Klipsch was more open to working to improve known issues. Or give us the tools to take matters into our own hands.
                            05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
                            15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X