Z8 tower difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z8 tower difficult?

Yesterday I looked at a new 2022 XStar with the Z8 tower. Love the boat but concerned about the tower. The salesman & I both had to seriously muscle the tower to get the it in the down position. Neither of us are “wimpy” guys so I’m saying it’s not easy to get the Z8 tower down. The tower on my X30 is far easier to pull down and I can do that alone.

Anyone else have similar issues with the new Z8 tower?

Mine works perfect. I can push the button and pull it down with one hand. I have 4 speakers on my tower though, so maybe that makes a difference on the balance between weight and the gas lift springs.

Comment

Mine is very easy as well. I also have four speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by jsully19 View Post
        Yesterday I looked at a new 2022 XStar with the Z8 tower. Love the boat but concerned about the tower. The salesman & I both had to seriously muscle the tower to get the it in the down position. Neither of us are “wimpy” guys so I’m saying it’s not easy to get the Z8 tower down. The tower on my X30 is far easier to pull down and I can do that alone.

Anyone else have similar issues with the new Z8 tower?
        The Z8 gas assist is supposed to have settings for 0 speakers, 2 speakers, or 4 tower speakers. The Z8 that I looked at with 2 speakers was very easy to lower and raise. The Hydrolock feature was also impressive.
        '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
        (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
        '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
        www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

I will add that mine goes up with a lot less effort than it goes down. I have to pull fairly hard to get it down, at least 150lbs worth of force. My son who weighs less than 100lbs cannot get the tower down but he can push it up.
          2005 X45
          2009 X45
          2018 X46
          2022 XStar-S

Comment

Have your dealer check the shocks that are installed. It's possible they installed the wrong shocks.

Comment

Good info….thanks for all the feedback! Seems to me there’s something wrong with the tower setting. We needed over 300lbs of force to get the tower down. The sales guy told me “just leave the tower up… you don’t need it down anyway” 😳

Comment

Originally posted by jsully19 View Post
                Good info….thanks for all the feedback! Seems to me there’s something wrong with the tower setting. We needed over 300lbs of force to get the tower down. The sales guy told me “just leave the tower up… you don’t need it down anyway” 😳
                Lol, what a terrible answer about a boat that costs a couple hundred grand
                Tim
                2021 Lone Star MasterBash
                Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                1995 MC ProStar 205
                ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post

Lol, what a terrible answer about a boat that costs a couple hundred grand
                  You beat me to it.

Yet another example of ignoramus sales representative(s). I'd walk away on the principle of the issue.

93 190
                  (safe click)

Comment

Mine needs some decent force in both directions (2 speakers), but I wouldn't say it's difficult. Maybe I'm just weak lol
                    -Tolman
                    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Your wife should be able to do it with one hand LOL or at least mine can. Something is wrong or you 2 are sissy boys LOL/JK..

Comment

I struggle with it too...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg60IdftXox/

Comment

I had zero issues using it by myself when I demoed this summer.

Comment

Working...
                          X