No announcement yet.

Heated garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always drained, filled and drained again. On my old RTP this was easy with the J hose very accessible. But with the Ilmor, this is not as easy, so I now drain, run on a bucket then drain again.

I was also thinking couldn't you drain, then pull the hose off the thermostat housing marked with the green arrow, insert funnel and fill then drain without having to run on a bucket??? Meaning this hose would fill the entire block with antifreeze?

I do understand this would not fill the manifolds, but by pulling the lower hoses off they seem to drain fairly well.
    OH-IO!

Comment

Originally posted by Footin View Post

I was also thinking couldn't you drain, then pull the hose off the thermostat housing marked with the green arrow, insert funnel and fill then drain without having to run on a bucket??? Meaning this hose would fill the entire block with antifreeze?

I do understand this would not fill the manifolds, but by pulling the lower hoses off they seem to drain fairly well.
      That's how I filled my MCX's. It's how my old dealer friend told me they do it back when I bought it. (them)

Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Working...
      X