2021 X24 lists hard to starboard when on plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 X24 lists hard to starboard when on plane

good evening everyone...title pretty much says it all. my '21 X24 lists hard to starboard when i am on plane. i have lead in the boat. moving the lead to the port side along with telling passengers to slide over/move around helps. the tabs are all the way up. both rear bags are empty. appreciate your thoughts. thank you.

Are you sure the tabs are all the way up? Did you check them or is it what the screen says? Lead spread evenly port/starboard?
    If You Find Too Many Capitals You Can Keep Them...I'm German

It's always 5pm somewhere, time for a beer!

Comment

I second the tab check. If you can put the boat on a trailer or lift and If a visual inspection checks out OK then you can have someone in the back listening to the tabs as you put them all the way down and back up again. Tell them to listen for a grinding noise in any of the actuators. Mainly as they are going back up.

Most probably you have water ballast hiding somewhere. If your impellers are starting to go then your mid tank probably has a bunch of water left in it and it sloshes over to the starboard side when you drive. If you can put the boat on a trailer or lift then you can drain your tanks one at a time and make sure they are completely empty.

Comment

My 2019 and 2022 do the same. You need at least 150 in lead under observer seat at all times. Weighting the X24 has been discussed on several threads. Out of the box X24 leans SB when on plane. 2022 isn’t as bad with three batteries but still annoying.

Comment

fellas...much appreciated. i will check all the above and report back. thanks again.

Comment

My ‘15 X30 does the same. It is very sensitive to weight distribution when on plane. 150-200 lbs of lead ballast on port side should help.

Comment

Also verify the tanks are empty because they do get off over time and one could stil have water in it. If on a trailer or a boat lift once out of the water override each ballast to empty and listen if water comes out or if you hear air you know its empty. Sometimes I have to override one 5-6 times to get it empty. I have to do it at least twice each season. I can tell by when I fill them up how far the platform is under water.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
                My ‘15 X30 does the same. It is very sensitive to weight distribution when on plane. 150-200 lbs of lead ballast on port side should help.
                Ya my XT23 as well, you can put weight around but as soon as someone moves in the boat it changes again.
                2017 XT23

Comment

Fellas. this afternoon I overRoad all ballasts while the boat was on the lift. I only ran it for about 10 seconds per ballast and almost no water came out. The tabs appear to be working properly as well. however, from the dock, it looked to me like the two dock star Rutter/fins are not parallel to each other. this is only an eyeball test. I did not put a tape measure to them. Is this by design or perhaps part of the problem?

Comment

That's normal if I am remembering correctly. I remember thinking that was kind of odd as well.
                    -Tolman
                    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

One other way to troubleshoot is, when on plane, play w/ the tabs - regardless of what the display says. Sometimes fully deploying/retracting gets straightens things out (while you're waiting for the authorized replacement for your actuators)

Comment

with close to 500 hours on X24s in the last two years, it is normal. I think it has to do with the hull shape being more sensitive to weight position (deep V). If solo, I will add 10-15% ballast to the port tank and it is totally level at idle or on plane. I do think it is possible that a ballast tank is not totally empty, but it happens regularly so I am guessing that is just how it is. I can feel when a 40lb labradoodle moves from one side of the boat while idling around which is crazy considering the weight of the boat.
                        Always Happy.......Never Satisfied

2021 X24

41 Mastercrafts and counting

Comment

Two years on my X24 and I have found the further back the weight the more the impact on side to side movement. People can move midship or on the bow and there is very little impact. One person moves to the other side in the back seat, and it will list the boat. I have always just deployed a tab or added a bit of water to compensate in these instances.
                          05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
                          15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

Oh, and some center tab can help as well.
                            05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
                            15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

My 2019 X24 dfoes the same thing, i adjust with the tabs

Comment

Working...
                              X