Stuff you've dropped in the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ahhudgins View Post
    Apparently all free boat lifts sink or at least partially submerge. My wife and I carefully towed this lift 3 times without plugs in the tanks with no issues. “Carefully” being the key. I gave the lift to a neighbor who disregarded all of my advice and made it about 50 yards before tipping it and dumping all of the unsecured hardware into the lake. I won’t get into all of the things that were done incorrectly. You know who you are.
    Oh yes it was totally my fault and I was so careful and got it almost to the dock after 15 miles when I hit a wakesurf wake and it tipped. I even had a generator to run the pump and tried to save it in the middle of the lake.
    Like a dumbass I tried do this all by myself including launching the damn thing using my 205 trailer. The storage place used their fork lift to put it on my trailer.
    Last edited by sp00ky; 09-15-2021, 02:03 PM. Reason: Ypo
    2010 X-15
    SOLD 1994 205
    2011 Pathfinder
    2016 Ford Flex
    3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
    1 kid in college

Comment

• Originally posted by ahhudgins View Post
      Apparently all free boat lifts sink or at least partially submerge. My wife and I carefully towed this lift 3 times without plugs in the tanks with no issues. “Carefully” being the key. I gave the lift to a neighbor who disregarded all of my advice and made it about 50 yards before tipping it and dumping all of the unsecured hardware into the lake. I won’t get into all of the things that were done incorrectly. You know who you are.
      At least the entire lift is salvageable
      2010 X-15
      SOLD 1994 205
      2011 Pathfinder
      2016 Ford Flex
      3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
      1 kid in college

Comment

• Over the years I've dropped a deuce or two.
        -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
          Over the years I've dropped a deuce or two.
          Aqua deuce!
          '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

• Originally posted by Thrall View Post
            Aqua deuce!
            Another runner in the night!
            -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by sp00ky View Post
              At least the entire lift is salvageable
              Sent you a PM
              “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

• Flags! lots and lots of Flags!!!!!! One trip we dropped/lost three in about 30mins. My wife just dropped one in this past Saturday! I asked how it happened and she just smiled and said I don't know lol.

Comment

Working...
                X