No announcement yet.

Stuff you've dropped in the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hubby dropped ME in off the pontoon. Every driver knows how when you're coming in to the dock just right and then EVERYONE heads over to that side to catch the dock for you, wrecking your perfect landing. I was standing at the front trying to offset everyone when he hit the dock tossing me in. I just kind of went with it. Feelings were all that were hurt that day It was right after that that I snorkeled for his glasses and by a miracle, found them. Just caught the wire frames sticking out of the muck and got them the first dive. If I'd have missed them the muck would have never let me find them again. He made supper that night and groveled pretty good after that!
    sigpic

Comment

• Wedding ring.. Lost it about a month before my birthday in the middle of the lake.. No chance in even attempting to find it.. Wife got me a new one for my birthday.

Tapatalk

Comment

• I was in my friends' Tige (don't hate, he paid for gas), standing on the sun pad after teaching one of the chittlin's how to get up on a board. I re-entered the cabin area by gorilla swinging on the tower and landing in the center of the boat (standard procedure).

Unfortunately as I swung, my left pinky toe blew the sunglasses off of the person sitting on the back seat. I felt like the north end of a south-bound donkey but she assured me it was no big deal.

The amazing thing, really, was that my ninja skills swiped the glasses without ever touching her head. She was somewhat impressed. Had it not been for my wife scolding me and telling me that I could have just stepped into the boat, it actually was a pretty sweet move.
        Troy

Comment

• Originally posted by tdjaster View Post
          I was in my friends' Tige (don't hate, he paid for gas), standing on the sun pad after teaching one of the chittlin's how to get up on a board. I re-entered the cabin area by gorilla swinging on the tower and landing in the center of the boat (standard procedure).

Unfortunately as I swung, my left pinky toe blew the sunglasses off of the person sitting on the back seat. I felt like the north end of a south-bound donkey but she assured me it was no big deal.

The amazing thing, really, was that my ninja skills swiped the glasses without ever touching her head. She was somewhat impressed. Had it not been for my wife scolding me and telling me that I could have just stepped into the boat, it actually was a pretty sweet move.
          If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
          1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

• When working on the dock in Spring, I would hand my Dad the nails and hold on to the extra hammer. Dang that water was cold!!

Comment

• 9-year-old thread...wonder how you found this!

Comment

• the search feature WORKS!!!!!!

Comment

• I had a good friend's wife drop her wedding ring as she was getting off the dock. Her ring was handed down from her great grandmother so it meant a little more to them. It was droped in about 20' of water in a lake with a very muddy / silty bottom. My friend deicded to take up scuba diving in an effort to locate it. He received his certification, and after several dives he started to determine it was going to be tougher than he thought. After countless dives, the purchse of an underwater metal detector, trip after trip, he learned a little more each time. Just over 2 years later while my wife was eating brunch with his wife he deicided to make another effort to locate it. He had already expended 1 tank of air and decided to make more dive. He pulled out a new tank and moved to the adjacent dock and down he went. The first time the metal detector hit on something he dug his net into the mud and boom. He found it. He is now a certified dive master.
                  Last edited by GoPokes; 09-13-2021, 11:07 AM.
                  2016 X30

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPokes View Post
                    I had a good friend's wife drop her wedding ring as she was getting off the dock. Her ring was handed down from her great grandmother so it meant a little more to them. It was droped in about 20' of water in a lake with a very muddy / silty bottom. My friend deicded to take up scuba diving in an effort to locate it. He received his certification, and after several dives he started to determine it was going to be tougher than he thought. After countless dives, the purchse of an underwater metal detector, trip after trip, he learned a littel more each time. Just over 2 years later while my wife was eating brunch with his wife he deicided to make another effort to locate it. He had already expended 1 tank of air and decided to make more dive. He pulled out a new tank and moved to the adjacent dock and down he went. The first time the metal detector hit on something he dug his net into the mud and boom. He found it. He is now a certified dive master.
                    That is a really awesome story!

When we bought our 2007 X15, the original owner we bought from is certain he lost his wedding ring in the boat. Despite searching, he never found it but asked that if I ever did, to send it to him. Unfortunately I never found it but always hoped we would and deliver him a nice surprise.
                    Former: 2007 X15

Comment

• I lost two pair of prescription glasses and my buddy's wife lost one of her real diamond earrings. I told her to take them off first. Not bad for 43 yrs on the water.
                      If she don't shine , she ain't mine

Comment

• Had my daughter and her husband on the boat this summer to hang out at the sand bar. while swimming/floating around her husband hit something with his foot and found a pair of sunglasses laying in the sand about 2' deep. He commented on how expensive and in good condition they were then realized that they were his. Apparently he was wearing them on his hat (what a fashion statement) and they had fallen off without him noticing. He was extremely lucky to actually find them. If that had been me they'd still be down there.

Comment

• I dropped the usual wrench etc.. tied it to the waders now... but the lift was acting up and I had my phone in my shorts (my brain denies it), went and got a wrench and a screw driver headed back.. thought, hey way easier to get in the water and work on it.. so i jumped in.. then started working and THEN my brain says hey stupid the phone is in your pocket.. sure enough...

Comment

• While on vacation at Norris two years ago I placed my "work" iPhone 8, with black and blue MasterCraft cover, on my dark blue RTIC cooler near the edge of the dock. My wife was thirsty and proceeded to flip open the cooler and flip my iPhone into 35-40 feet of water. She said she just watched it bounce and drop right in.. I knew it was gone and dead but I loved that case and it had my CCW in it. I had a friend dive on it once with no luck.

On the same trip, with a replacement "Work" iPhone 8 Plus, I mishandled the new phone as I was walking and it fell out of my hand, bounced off the dock, and into the water. However, this time, as it bounced, I found myself flying through the air like Superman, full stretch, landing on the dock, bruising a couple ribs, and scooping the iPhone up out of the water as it heading to the depths. I still have that iPhone 8.
                            If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                            1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

• Keys, phones, tools, props, prop nuts, expensive sunglasses, cheap sunglasses, fishing rods, dock brushes, fin bolts, binding nuts, batteries, lift remote, chairs, mugs, towels, shirts, cordless drill, watch, hats, skier flags, drone, hardware, crewmembers, captain.

Comment

• My wife and I took some days off during the week about 3 summers ago to spend by ourselves at the lake. We get the boat in the water and I was easing over to the walkway to pick her up. As she's goes to pick up her boat bag to hop on the boat I see something fall off the top of the bag and into the water. Hysterical crying ensued as I looked at her and said "I assume those are the truck keys". Good news was we set the bag back down right where it was and called the marina, they brought over a magnet on a rope and after 15min of fishing I was able to pull them out. It's none of those stories that isn't to spectacular but for some reason it's a boating memory that turned out fine in the end and I'll never forget.

Comment

Working...
                                X