• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdawake
    TT Enthusiast
    • Jul 2007

'03 prostar 209- worth it?

I've been looking around for a new ride for this summer- our sport star isnt quite big enough, like the wake but really get pounded when the chop picks up. I found a prostar 209 across the state, but it seems a little pricey to me- even with a custom tower, etc. It would be a 10 hour trip there and back to inspect it or pick it up... the website doesnt say a whole lot about it, but here's the link http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-209-94541564/... Let me know what yall think
  • hos505
    TT Enthusiast
    • Sep 2007

The 04 Prostar 209 in the market section on this site looks like a better boat and a much better price.
    2004 Prostar 197 Sammy Duvall w/MCX
    2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Hemi

Comment

• russlars
      MC Devotee
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by wjcowles View Post
      I've been looking around for a new ride for this summer- our sport star isnt quite big enough, like the wake but really get pounded when the chop picks up. I found a prostar 209 across the state, but it seems a little pricey to me- even with a custom tower, etc. It would be a 10 hour trip there and back to inspect it or pick it up... the website doesnt say a whole lot about it, but here's the link http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-209-94541564/... Let me know what yall think
      I've heard that the slalom wake on the 209 is not very good. Others may chime in on this. With that being said, if you find the boat your are looking for are you planning on selling your sportstar? If so, pm me the details as I have a friend who may be interested. Thanks.
      sigpic1999 Prostar 205 with 330 HP LTR

Comment

• Gamble
        TT Enthusiast
        • May 2008

I have heard alot of what Russlars said about the 209's........I haven't been able to ski behind mine yet w/the shattered ankle and leg I got last year.........with that said, I have found the people that ski'd it liked it, and you have to sacrifice some things, unless you want to own a few boats. The wake on the 209 is a little taller, but then again, the ride is much better than what I had before! I needed the room, and wanted to wakeboard also.......to me it looks like a great all around boat for the family, friends, etc.

Comment

• Ryan
          MC Maniac
          • Jul 2004

Way over priced. $24-29k max. There was a gorgeous all red '03 X2 for only 29k on Craigslist in Portland that I'd take over that particular 209 at that price. If you go look at the boat, print off the NADA price and take it in with you if you really like it.

Here are a few recent one on ebay. I'm shopping but can't pull the trigger until I sell my boat. There was a nice red '03 X9 that was on onlyinboards.com for $27k but it's gone.
          '02 for $17k
          '02 X9 $24k no bidders

Let's be honest, I think it's a terrible boat, terrible wake. Everyone that owns one should be ashamed and trade up to a v-drive and flood the market with lots of choices with color options, accessories etc.
          Last edited by Ryan; 04-23-2009, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• JohnE
            Super Moderator
            • Jan 2006

Ryan has it right on the money IMO. Under $30K for sure and $25K becomes a great deal.

The tradoff is a bigger ski wake for a much better ride in the chop plus a bigger boat.
            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• Datdude
              MC Maniac
              • Apr 2005

That 2002 for $17K looks like a lot of boat for the money! I would have been interested in that one
              Always Happy.......Never Satisfied

2021 X24

41 Mastercrafts and counting

Comment

• David4MCSammyDuvall
                TT Enthusiast
                • Mar 2005

Way overpriced !!!!! $ 35,000 for a 2003 MasterCraft. Should be between 25k to 30k.

Comment

• Ski-me
                  MC Maniac
                  • Mar 2007

Heck, go talk this guy down in price....a lot closer

- Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

• Jim@BAWS
                    MC Addict
                    • Aug 2004

For comparison...but of course it is FORSALE

James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
                    Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
                    (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

• corey
                      MC Devotee
                      • Oct 2005

Just took this baby in!

WaterSkis.com is your go to place for water skis, wakeboards, wake surf boards and inboard boat parts. We stock Radar Skis, HO Skis, Ronix, Hyperlite, Liquid Force, Phase 5, O'Neill, Indmar, Ilmor, PCM, MasterCraft, Supra and Moomba items.
                      www.waterskis.com
                      http://www.facebook.com/waterskis

Comment

• cdawake
                        TT Enthusiast
                        • Jul 2007

thanks for all the replies- i really missed out on that 02 on ebay! 17k seems SUPER reasonable... I'm really not into the x9 decals at all from the early 00s- they look way nicer with it stripped off. My considerations now are: a x9 thats really close by, way overpriced I think...

but chicago mastercraft has a TON of x9s and 209s that are TIGHT
                        WaterSkis.com is your go to place for water skis, wakeboards, wake surf boards and inboard boat parts. We stock Radar Skis, HO Skis, Ronix, Hyperlite, Liquid Force, Phase 5, O'Neill, Indmar, Ilmor, PCM, MasterCraft, Supra and Moomba items.

^^ dream boat right there, 39k is not gonna happen, i have to keep it in the low 20s

thanks for the replies...

oh, and I already have a deal worked out with my neighbor- he's buying my sport star- sorry about that, its a great little powerhouse and a bit hard to come by...

Comment

Working...
                        X