No announcement yet.

Is tubing harmful to an X-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to chime in, but I only have 4000 or so posts.
    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
      I'd love to chime in, but I only have 4000 or so posts.
      Come on John, your boat's like a tractor, hook a brushhog to it and mow the lake!
      Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
      At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

I guess I was thinking more about the ride than the strength - pulling from the center of the boat is kind of dull compared to the stern. I agree that a skier probably puts more force on the pylon than a tube...at least until the tube flips over and the cover fills with water suddenly at 20 mph. I always pulled the kite tube from the pylon.

I see occasional posts about older boats with loose pylons, never seen a problem reported with the rear tow eye. Anyway, I suspect that the rear tow eye has more strength than the cantilevered pylon, but likely either has far more than enough strength than is necessary for a couple of tubes.

I hope cal2vin will ignore the implication from some that using his family's expensive tow boat to pull tubes somehow makes him unworthy. I do get tired of that MasterCraft snobbery.
        '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Thanks for all the quick replies. I figured that it wasnt hurting the boat. Im usually boarding and hate when tubers kill the water so Im usually pretty considerate with where I tube.

Comment

Originally posted by TMCNo1 View Post
            Come on John, your boat's like a tractor, hook a brushhog to it and mow the lake!
            and TMC #1- that's bush-hog...

Clearly you ain't from around these here parts!

analogy= drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect.
            Last edited by BGcraft; 03-08-2011, 07:06 PM.
            02 PS190SD - PP SGazer, 0 Flex Mini, 06 Rudder
            It's a ski-boat not a mini-van...

Comment

I would add that pulling a tube is harmful to all boats, the environment, economy, landfills, global warming, war on drugs and just about everthing else - so everyone should stop doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by cal2vin View Post
                I have a 2008 x2 and I bought a couple tubes the other day. I am pullin two airhead big slices at the same time from the ski pylon. Is tubing hard on the x2's engine, steering column, etc. My dad is telling me to try not to tube too much cuz it is hard on the boat. What real risk am I running tubing behind this boat?
                It's only hard on your ego, not the boat
                Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by craig3972 View Post
                  I would add that pulling a tube is harmful to all boats, the environment, economy, landfills, global warming, war on drugs and just about everthing else - so everyone should stop doing it.
                  Don't forget it can hurt cats
                  Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190

Comment

As an owner of an X2, toobin is fine, but surfin is where its at!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flipper View Post
                      Don't forget it can hurt cats
                      Too funny!!!

Comment

Originally posted by craig3972 View Post
                        I have it on the highest authority that hedgehogs are OK with tubing. Oh, and one type of stoat.

Comment

think of the cats... please... don't tube
                          Current - '07 X2 blue on silver metal flake w/ switch graphics

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
                          -Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
                          -Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
                          -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Originally posted by Knox's_Better_half View Post
                            As an owner of an X2, toobin is fine, but surfin is where its at!!!
                            Have any Pics surfing behind the X2, I dont recall ever seeing a pic of how big the wake is.

Comment

does anyone search or do the same people answer the same questions over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by haguepalmer View Post
                                does anyone search or do the same people answer the same questions over and over again

No and yes!
                                Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
                                At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

Working...
                                X