No announcement yet.

Maristar 210 VRS or X-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

310 is plenty for me. Never wanted more. Slalom wake is not bad but it's no 197. I like my buddies X-9 a lot as well. Narrower wake is easier for us old fat types to jump. Much better slalom wake but it is an inboard not a V.

No perfect pass for us but it would be nice. Get the HEATER. Have it added as a deal at the end of negotiations, you wont be sorry.

Good luck.....

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your input and guidance. We have made our decision - we went with the X-2 and are thrilled. Now we start counting the days until spring!

Dan

Comment

congrats on the purchase

now make sure you post a pic of the boat.

Comment

Nice choice on the X-2 and congrats! What color is the boat/ which engine?
          I've done alot of wakeboarding behind my buddy's X-1 and the wake is great! It should make a good slalom wake as well, just not prostar size.

These are cool boats...............

Click image for larger version

Name:	X-1 under bridge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2287040
          I was njskier on here.

Comment

Maristar

I am about to be a Maristar 210 vrs owner this weekend and I'm absolutely stoked! We are primarily skiers and from all I've read this is the all around best boat for us.
            I have a question about adding a keel guard as we boat Lake Mead and set up camp on the beach. The "new" '99 i believe is spotless underneath and I want to preserve its condition.
            Is it against "the law" to put a keelguard on one of these boats?

Comment

It's your boat, do with it as you please.

That said, ground the boat is a risk. Your underwater gear does not like being on the ground.

Your MCOCD card might be long in coming as well.
              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
                Every MC I've owned has had the base engine and I've felt that all of them had plenty of power. You have to remember that in this high end tow boat market putting any product out there that is under powered would surely hurt the company's reputation. You can't make that same statement in the I/O runabout market. I honestly can't remember a time (like when I had I/Os) where I thought, gee I really need the bigger engine.
                I'd agree with you for most folks AT SEA LEVEL.
                I'm an Indy Skiers member. Contact me about course skiing in Indianapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by franko View Post
                  I am about to be a Maristar 210 vrs owner this weekend and I'm absolutely stoked! We are primarily skiers and from all I've read this is the all around best boat for us.

I have a question about adding a keel guard as we boat Lake Mead and set up camp on the beach. The "new" '99 i believe is spotless underneath and I want to preserve its condition.

Is it against "the law" to put a keelguard on one of these boats?

Anchor slightly off and use a lily pad as a sidewalk to shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know this is an older thread but after spending much time in both boats. The x2 does everything better including surfing due to the fact that the x10 can't hold a suckgate due to its curved hull. X2 wave with very little weight and a suckgate surfs extremely well. As far a wakeboarding and skiing we all know what the x2 is capable of.

Comment

No issue at all adding a keel guard. Mine lasted over 1200 hours and never came loose at all.

I would recommend an anchor buddy took you plAn on beaching the boat ..........just my opinion .
                      CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                      2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
                      2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
                      99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
                      88 2001 Nautique

Comment

No issues or concerns with the keel guard on our Maristar 210.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                          I know this is an older thread but after spending much time in both boats. The x2 does everything better including surfing due to the fact that the x10 can't hold a suckgate due to its curved hull. X2 wave with very little weight and a suckgate surfs extremely well. As far a wakeboarding and skiing we all know what the x2 is capable of.
                          The latest BoB suckgate works on my 210 vrs just fine, on the lower step all the way to the back. Requires the smaller suction cups of the BoB gate vs other gates.

Comment

Would love to see some video of your boat sacked out with a gate. I have only ridden behind the 210 listed. Got any?

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                              Would love to see some video of your boat sacked out with a gate. I have only ridden behind the 210 listed. Got any?

Just got the gate from BoB this year, so l don't have any good ones. Going out mothers day weekend for a long weekend and should get some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X