• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Jwgredeux
    TT Enthusiast

• Jwgredeux
    replied
    Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
    Would love to see some video of your boat sacked out with a gate. I have only ridden behind the 210 listed. Got any?

Just got the gate from BoB this year, so l don't have any good ones. Going out mothers day weekend for a long weekend and should get some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• gwozhog
    MC Devotee

• gwozhog
    replied
    Would love to see some video of your boat sacked out with a gate. I have only ridden behind the 210 listed. Got any?

Leave a comment:

• Jwgredeux
    TT Enthusiast

• Jwgredeux
    replied
    Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
    I know this is an older thread but after spending much time in both boats. The x2 does everything better including surfing due to the fact that the x10 can't hold a suckgate due to its curved hull. X2 wave with very little weight and a suckgate surfs extremely well. As far a wakeboarding and skiing we all know what the x2 is capable of.
    The latest BoB suckgate works on my 210 vrs just fine, on the lower step all the way to the back. Requires the smaller suction cups of the BoB gate vs other gates.

Leave a comment:

• LaRue
    MC Devotee

• LaRue
    replied
    No issues or concerns with the keel guard on our Maristar 210.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• swatguy
    MC Maniac

• swatguy
    replied
    No issue at all adding a keel guard. Mine lasted over 1200 hours and never came loose at all.

I would recommend an anchor buddy took you plAn on beaching the boat ..........just my opinion .

Leave a comment:

• gwozhog
    MC Devotee

• gwozhog
    replied
    I know this is an older thread but after spending much time in both boats. The x2 does everything better including surfing due to the fact that the x10 can't hold a suckgate due to its curved hull. X2 wave with very little weight and a suckgate surfs extremely well. As far a wakeboarding and skiing we all know what the x2 is capable of.

Leave a comment:

• Jwgredeux
    TT Enthusiast

• Jwgredeux
    replied
    Originally posted by franko View Post
    I am about to be a Maristar 210 vrs owner this weekend and I'm absolutely stoked! We are primarily skiers and from all I've read this is the all around best boat for us.

I have a question about adding a keel guard as we boat Lake Mead and set up camp on the beach. The "new" '99 i believe is spotless underneath and I want to preserve its condition.

Is it against "the law" to put a keelguard on one of these boats?

Anchor slightly off and use a lily pad as a sidewalk to shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Gavin
    MC Fanatic

• Gavin
    replied
    Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
    Every MC I've owned has had the base engine and I've felt that all of them had plenty of power. You have to remember that in this high end tow boat market putting any product out there that is under powered would surely hurt the company's reputation. You can't make that same statement in the I/O runabout market. I honestly can't remember a time (like when I had I/Os) where I thought, gee I really need the bigger engine.
    I'd agree with you for most folks AT SEA LEVEL.

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    It's your boat, do with it as you please.

That said, ground the boat is a risk. Your underwater gear does not like being on the ground.

Your MCOCD card might be long in coming as well.

Leave a comment:

• franko
    TT Newbie

• franko
    replied
    Maristar

I am about to be a Maristar 210 vrs owner this weekend and I'm absolutely stoked! We are primarily skiers and from all I've read this is the all around best boat for us.
    I have a question about adding a keel guard as we boat Lake Mead and set up camp on the beach. The "new" '99 i believe is spotless underneath and I want to preserve its condition.
    Is it against "the law" to put a keelguard on one of these boats?

Leave a comment:

• Jerseydave
    TT Hero

• Jerseydave
    replied
    Nice choice on the X-2 and congrats! What color is the boat/ which engine?
    I've done alot of wakeboarding behind my buddy's X-1 and the wake is great! It should make a good slalom wake as well, just not prostar size.

These are cool boats...............

Click image for larger version

Name:	X-1 under bridge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2287040

Leave a comment:

• ttu
    replied
    congrats on the purchase

now make sure you post a pic of the boat.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel G.
    TT Newbie

• Daniel G.
    replied
    Thanks to everyone for your input and guidance. We have made our decision - we went with the X-2 and are thrilled. Now we start counting the days until spring!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Maristar210
    MC Master Poster

• Maristar210
    replied
    310 is plenty for me. Never wanted more. Slalom wake is not bad but it's no 197. I like my buddies X-9 a lot as well. Narrower wake is easier for us old fat types to jump. Much better slalom wake but it is an inboard not a V.

No perfect pass for us but it would be nice. Get the HEATER. Have it added as a deal at the end of negotiations, you wont be sorry.

Good luck.....

Leave a comment:

• bturner2
    MC Addict

• bturner2
    replied
    Every MC I've owned has had the base engine and I've felt that all of them had plenty of power. You have to remember that in this high end tow boat market putting any product out there that is under powered would surely hurt the company's reputation. You can't make that same statement in the I/O runabout market. I honestly can't remember a time (like when I had I/Os) where I thought, gee I really need the bigger engine.

I believe the 89 TriStar had the 240HP Ford 351 which was the standard engine and was plenty power for that boat. The 95 MariStar 200VRS had the standard 275HP, never thought for a moment it was under powered. The 03 X2 had the RTP, no issues with power. The latest 07 MariStar 200 has the stock RTP and again I can't think of a time where I needed more power. Now saying all that if I would have run across any of those boats with the bigger engine option I would have jumped on it. The MCX is really pretty, just didn't come across a good one when I was looking. It seemed like every time I did come across one there was something wrong with the boat that made me pass on it. I personally agree with mccobmd, don't let the RTP be a deal killer on a great boat.

I've had Perfect Pass on the last two boat and it is a must have option for me. If the boat doesn't have it don't sweat it, it's easy enough to add especially on the newer boats. My 03 X2 didn't have it when I bought the boat. I purchased my PP on line and had it installed in about an hour and a half. Other than the servo motor it was pretty much a plug and play installation.

I'm a recreational slalom skier but I know some really good course skiers that I had ski behind both the 03 X2 and the 07 X2. The 03 had the better wake between the two. I've read that the wake plate option on the 07 can really help with the slalom wake but I don't have that option. I skied regularly behind the 07 X2 this summer and didn't really have any problems at 15 off. My complaint would be that there is more spray and the wake itself is rather large for a ski boat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X