Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Mastercraft Pro Star 205 X-Star Edition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1998 Mastercraft Pro Star 205 X-Star Edition

    Looking to buy my first Mastercraft....have my eye on a 1998 Pro Star 205....trying to find some owner reviews any comments would be much appreciated, thanks
    Steve

  • #2
    I bought a 98 205 this winter after considering a number of alternatives. Have only had it in the water a couple times, but so far I'm very happy with it. Handles great, when going forward, good hole shot, and has a nice small wake for skiing. I'm looking forward to lots of boating with the family this summer.
    Boat's home now.

    Comment


    • #3
      My brother-in-law has a 2000 which I think is the same as a 98. It handles great in the water and throws up a great wake when you add some ballast.

      Comment


      • #4
        Steve:

        There is some information the thread titled, "1996-2000 ProStar 205/205V/Maristar205/X-star/X-2/X-1: A History" that might be of interest to you. Click here to view the thread.

        Originally posted by stevonu1 View Post
        Looking to buy my first Mastercraft....have my eye on a 1998 Pro Star 205....trying to find some owner reviews any comments would be much appreciated, thanks
        Steve
        MasterCraft /MariStar OEM Decals (1989 to 2001) for various models.
        Over 70 different decals to choose from!

        Comment


        • #5
          I bought a Pro Star 205 this year and i love the boat. Great wake and you can take the whole family too.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have a 98 PS 205, with LT1 engine. Great boat. Bought it last year. No regrets.
            1998 ProStar 205 LT1

            Comment


            • #7
              Does the 98 have the wraparound seating? I can'tremember when they added that. Also, did the 98 have a tower option, or are most of them aftermarket?

              Comment


              • #8
                no i think that was in 2000.

                The 98 probally has the original striaght zero flex which had a lot of stress cracking problems/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorry to change the subject but do any of you know the part number for the fuel pump for my pro star 205 1998 with the LT1 ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    PS205 is a GREAT boat, love my 93!

                    I may be opening a huge can of worms here, but I’ve often said that the 205 actually tracks better in the slalom course than the 190... Only downsides of the 205 versus the 190: headwind spray and the 205 take considerably longer to come off plane.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The 96--2000 205 is probably one of the best cross-over boats out there. Great for skiing and boarding.
                      Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

                      Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

                      FAQ


                      Be kind. Have fun.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
                        The 96--2000 205 is probably one of the best cross-over boats out there. Great for skiing and boarding.
                        just for clarification, is there any reason why this wouldn't extend into the 2000+ years? Or are you just refering to the DD model?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Have 97 PS205. Love it!! Wakeless at anyspeed unless I fill the fat sacks. I joke with the kids that we don't have to slow down when heading back to the dock because we are always wakeless.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gatorguy View Post
                            Have 97 PS205. Love it!! Wakeless at anyspeed unless I fill the fat sacks. I joke with the kids that we don't have to slow down when heading back to the dock because we are always wakeless.
                            wake-less at 22 off?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by absolutezero View Post
                              just for clarification, is there any reason why this wouldn't extend into the 2000+ years? Or are you just refering to the DD model?
                              I'm only referring to the direct drive 205, which was discontinued after the 2000 model year.
                              Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

                              Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

                              FAQ


                              Be kind. Have fun.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X