1998 Mastercraft Pro Star 205 X-Star Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Mastercraft Pro Star 205 X-Star Edition

Looking to buy my first Mastercraft....have my eye on a 1998 Pro Star 205....trying to find some owner reviews any comments would be much appreciated, thanks
    Steve

I bought a 98 205 this winter after considering a number of alternatives. Have only had it in the water a couple times, but so far I'm very happy with it. Handles great, when going forward, good hole shot, and has a nice small wake for skiing. I'm looking forward to lots of boating with the family this summer.
    Boat's home now.

Comment

My brother-in-law has a 2000 which I think is the same as a 98. It handles great in the water and throws up a great wake when you add some ballast.

Comment

Steve:

There is some information the thread titled, "1996-2000 ProStar 205/205V/Maristar205/X-star/X-2/X-1: A History" that might be of interest to you. Click here to view the thread.

Originally posted by stevonu1 View Post
        Looking to buy my first Mastercraft....have my eye on a 1998 Pro Star 205....trying to find some owner reviews any comments would be much appreciated, thanks
        Steve
        MasterCraft /MariStar OEM Decals (1989 to 2001) for various models.
        Over 70 different decals to choose from!

Comment

I bought a Pro Star 205 this year and i love the boat. Great wake and you can take the whole family too.

Comment

I have a 98 PS 205, with LT1 engine. Great boat. Bought it last year. No regrets.
            1998 ProStar 205 LT1

Comment

Does the 98 have the wraparound seating? I can'tremember when they added that. Also, did the 98 have a tower option, or are most of them aftermarket?

Comment

no i think that was in 2000.

The 98 probally has the original striaght zero flex which had a lot of stress cracking problems/

Comment

Sorry to change the subject but do any of you know the part number for the fuel pump for my pro star 205 1998 with the LT1 ?

Comment

PS205 is a GREAT boat, love my 93!

I may be opening a huge can of worms here, but I’ve often said that the 205 actually tracks better in the slalom course than the 190... Only downsides of the 205 versus the 190: headwind spray and the 205 take considerably longer to come off plane.

Comment

The 96--2000 205 is probably one of the best cross-over boats out there. Great for skiing and boarding.
                      Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
                        The 96--2000 205 is probably one of the best cross-over boats out there. Great for skiing and boarding.
                        just for clarification, is there any reason why this wouldn't extend into the 2000+ years? Or are you just refering to the DD model?

Comment

Have 97 PS205. Love it!! Wakeless at anyspeed unless I fill the fat sacks. I joke with the kids that we don't have to slow down when heading back to the dock because we are always wakeless.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorguy View Post
                            Have 97 PS205. Love it!! Wakeless at anyspeed unless I fill the fat sacks. I joke with the kids that we don't have to slow down when heading back to the dock because we are always wakeless.
                            wake-less at 22 off?

Comment

Originally posted by absolutezero View Post
                              just for clarification, is there any reason why this wouldn't extend into the 2000+ years? Or are you just refering to the DD model?
                              I'm only referring to the direct drive 205, which was discontinued after the 2000 model year.
                              Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X