X-9/209

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-9/209

I own a 97 PS 205 and have been very happy but my family has been growing and I love the old 209's and X-9's for space and crossover. We do everything from ski to surf to tube. We have a lot of stuff in the boat and people. I have looked for low hour 209/x-9's and cannot find waht I want. My wife insists it must be red. I want 04 or newer less than 100 hundred hours and set-up with hard tanks.
    I had read somewhere that MC produces about 20 boats a day. With all the models they produce it is not like they mass produce any one model.
    In todays economy is there any chance MC would take orders for X-9's? They must still have all the molds and tooling to do it. I would also assume they have capacity.
    I have seen other threads expressing frustration with the lack of a suitable replacement for the X-9/209. I have looked at the 214/x14/x14v and while they are beautiful boats, to me they are not as functional as the x-9/209. Thoughts anyone?

Make sure you do get an 04 or newer, the earlier ones had a bad porpoising problem. I had an all black 2002 that was awesome for room and for wakeboarding. The ski wake wasn't nearly as good as the 97 PS205 I have now though. Pretty comfortable boat to cruise it too. They had the boat you are looking for at a MN's mastercraft dealership last year I think. I'd take another look at the 214.

Try searching craigslist nationally by typing something like this into google:

mastercraft 209 site:craigslist.org

Here's a picture of my old one too:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2002 MC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	2293077
    1997 Mastercraft Prostar 205 LT1 1:1 Black/Teal (current boat)
    2002 Mastercraft TT 197 LQ9 Powerslot Red/Red
    2002 Mastercraft Prostar 209 LTR 1:1 Black/Black
    1999 Mastercraft Prostar 190 LTR 1:1 Red/White

Comment

I think if u are really willing to consider a boat from 04 you have to allow for more hours on it than 100. Do the math on that an it is only like 15 hours a year on the boat. Also were hard tanks an option in 04? I could be wrong but i think it was just bags then. Wow I don't even want to guess at the price of what Mastercraft would charge to produce just one x9 but my guess is that u could buy any x9 and get it repainted red much cheaper. Good luck on your search as it is a great boat IMO, but i am biased as I own a red one from 04.

Comment

I have a 2003 for sale in marketplace.

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/sh...p?product=3614

It doesn't porpoise at all. Great all around boat!
        '03 Black X9 MCX

Comment

I have a 05 X-9, aswell. I enjoy this boat aswell. I prefer a DD over V-drive
          Mike D.
          05- X9
          06- X9

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I have seen a red 209 listed in Georgia on boattrader with 26 hours but it is pretty barebones. 310hp, no stereo, no tower, no tanks, no perfect pass etc. . I have spent a fair amount of time in a 209 as another family member has one and am sure that is what I want. We have skied, surfed, footed, and of course tubed behind it.

Would MC ever make a limited run available to all their dealers. I am sure they would sell.

Comment

It's a long ways from Wausau, but aside from being blue, this is what you're looking for. Doesn't seem like a bad price either compared to what else is out there either.
              FWIW Park Falls, WI to Albq is about a 22hr straight thru drive IIRC.
              Got the new tower, probably has the spinny board racks.
              http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/boa/1836429923.html
              '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

I had an 03 X-9 and loved the boat. Sold it this spring so move to an X-14. My boat had 250 hours when we bought it and 425 when we sold it. The new owner is thrilled, so don't get too caught up on low low hours. That can be a bad thing if a boat has very low hours. Boat's live longer when they are used and not ignored. Engines too. (up to a point --)

BTW, a small hook was added to the hull starting with the 2003 model, which addressed the porpoising issue and likely helped the slalom wake a tad also. We rarely porpoised in ours and with the MCX, it was a great set up. Actually rides better in chop than the X-14.

Comment

I wanted the 04 because of the small hook and the new tower design. I like the look of the blue one Thrall found and the price looks good. I will run it by the chief.

Comment

Originally posted by mess33 View Post
                    I own a 97 PS 205 and have been very happy but my family has been growing and I love the old 209's and X-9's for space and crossover. We do everything from ski to surf to tube. We have a lot of stuff in the boat and people. I have looked for low hour 209/x-9's and cannot find waht I want. My wife insists it must be red. I want 04 or newer less than 100 hundred hours and set-up with hard tanks.
                    I had read somewhere that MC produces about 20 boats a day. With all the models they produce it is not like they mass produce any one model.
                    In todays economy is there any chance MC would take orders for X-9's? They must still have all the molds and tooling to do it. I would also assume they have capacity.
                    I have seen other threads expressing frustration with the lack of a suitable replacement for the X-9/209. I have looked at the 214/x14/x14v and while they are beautiful boats, to me they are not as functional as the x-9/209. Thoughts anyone?
                    Not sure what the 9 does that the 14 can't -- and not sure MC is doing anything close to 20 boats a day now either. Would be interesting to see if they'd do an 09. I would think they still have the molds and the time in this economy.

Comment

Originally posted by mess33 View Post
                      I wanted the 04 because of the small hook and the new tower design. I like the look of the blue one Thrall found and the price looks good. I will run it by the chief.
                      mrprostar lives in Albq. PM him, he might check it out for you. I'd be glad to if I hadn't moved from there 2 years ago.
                      '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Here's a red one. Not as new as you wanted and certainly has more hours. The 01 X-9 I ride was fine after they added the simlple "hook" to the rear of the hull.
                        http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...830690562.html

Comment

The x-9/209 just has more storage for the family that does a little bit of everything

Comment

Be sure to get the MCX in that thing, it's a big boat.
                            1997 Mastercraft Prostar 205 LT1 1:1 Black/Teal (current boat)
                            2002 Mastercraft TT 197 LQ9 Powerslot Red/Red
                            2002 Mastercraft Prostar 209 LTR 1:1 Black/Black
                            1999 Mastercraft Prostar 190 LTR 1:1 Red/White

Comment

I think the one in Minnesota is the oneI looked at last fall and it was in my opinion a little rough.

Comment

Working...
                              X