Adding a Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Camera

Hey, just got my x45 (first MasterCraft ever), bought it used, it is a 2010 and does not have the camera option factory installed, I was wondering if this is something I can just purchase and add myself? Or am I out of luck?

Thanks.

You can add it.
    Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

B.O.A.T. (Break Out Another Thou')!

(or $1,599.99)

http://www.mastercraftbydesign.com/index_506.asp

Comment

The camera is just OK. You can certainly acquire much better video with better frame rate options and zoom capabilities, for significantly less, by buying a mid level HD camcorder and an AirTrakker.

But, the VIO system (http://www.vio-pov.com/) that MC uses does integrate with the B.I.G.
        2008 X star, 2005 X2

Comment

you can add any Chinch Video output to the B.I.G. I even add Digital Satelite TV Tuner to the B.I.G.
          It is a Blue Box behind the DASH ... you can use a Audio Video Switch if you have more signals than the BIG can handle .. just place it under Dash so you can switch fast and easy ...

cheers Captain Fronk

Comment

Geez, $1,600 for that? For a quarter of that you can get a GoPro HD that'll do a better job and you can take it with you.
            '06 X-1, it's red and white.

Comment

Thank you all, while checking things out on the boat, I noticed in the glove compartment there is a regular video input RCA jack (yellow). Is it enough to plug in ANY camera to that input to have the image display in the BIG screen? And will I be able to record on the BIG SD card (I'm told there's one which I haven't seen yet)? Or do I have to record on the camcorder itself?

Comment

Originally posted by 98InTheHole View Post
                Thank you all, while checking things out on the boat, I noticed in the glove compartment there is a regular video input RCA jack (yellow). Is it enough to plug in ANY camera to that input to have the image display in the BIG screen? And will I be able to record on the BIG SD card (I'm told there's one which I haven't seen yet)? Or do I have to record on the camcorder itself?
                The SD card recording is part of the VIO camera system, not the BIG. I suspect the BIG does not have a built in SD write function. But, I do not know that for a fact.
                2008 X star, 2005 X2

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes View Post
                  Geez, $1,600 for that? For a quarter of that you can get a GoPro HD that'll do a better job and you can take it with you.
                  I was thinking the same thing... for the cost you could add the GoPro HD and a trakker tower mount for less than 1/4 that cost.
                  1998 Stingray 180LX
                  2000 Infinity ZX-1 good riddens
                  2003 Prostar TT 197 sold

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11

Comment

no SD in the BIG .. it is just to display the signal.

V.I.O. is providing a HD CAM set currently. But attention. there is an issue with the extender calbles (too low voltage at the cam with extension cable) V.I.O. is working on that

cheers Fronk

Comment

better yet, get a normal digital camcorder, and a bikini clad hotty to wield it... hotty's that are good with their hands are good to have in a mastercraft! save the cash for fuel and cocktails

=)
                      2000 ProStar 190, 2003 ProStar 197TT

Comment

You wouldn't want a go-pro on the tower anyway. It's way too short of a lens. Does anyone know what the resolution of the BIG screen is btw? I'm going to assume it's 640x480 (Standard Def) only and fed via Composite video cables but does anyone know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by aaron. View Post
                          better yet, get a normal digital camcorder, and a bikini clad hotty to wield it... hotty's that are good with their hands are good to have in a mastercraft! save the cash for fuel and cocktails

=)
                          Skip the hotty part and get someone in you boat who KNOWS how to take good pictures.
                          viewing life through the lens of a camera

Comment

GoPro !!!!!!!!!!!
                            86' 19 Skier, 351 PCM (sold)
                            2008 197 ProStar, LY6 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                            X