No announcement yet.

X-14/X-14v owners & enthusiasts thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow owners. What do you think of x10 vs x14v?

Comment

• Originally posted by GT500 MC View Post
      Was wondering what other x14v owners were running for a prop (size, etc.)? What elevation you run at? And for what purposes (boarding, skiing, bf, etc.)?
      Bump for this inquiry. Calling all X14V owners:
      >What prop do you run?
      >What is your ski/surf/wake mix?

I am considering both the ACME 2059 14 dia X 15.5 pitch, and the ACME 845 13.5 dia X 16 pitch. I think that the larger diameter and lower pitch will help clean up the surf wave, but I'm a lil worried about the larger size with slalom.

Thanks,

KC

Comment

• RIP X14v 2014

Comment

• They aren't making it in 2015?
          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
            They aren't making it in 2015?
            It looks like they just launched 2015 models and the x35 and x14v are no longer listed. Sad day for certain. It is the only true cross-over (IMO)---seems like it leaves a real hole in the overall line up; unless they make the Prostar V-drive.

At the moment the score is 7:1--with only one ski boat in the MC lineup.

Comment

• that stinks in my opinion.... I was looking at a crossover if my boat sells.

We ski mostly, but do like to bring friends along and enjoy some board sports on occassion. A 21 foot boat that can ski well and handle amateur board sports is all we (and most others) really need.

Lets face it, the new prostar is a slalom tug...nowhere near a family ski boat. It doesn't have the seating arrangement or storage to bring any real amount of friends along. They really need to tap into this market again. So far, the VTX is the king of this segment.

Maybe if MC would have dumped the stupid I/O seating arrangment they could have regained market share...

Comment

• The wake that gets thrown by the big X boats is so much larger than most folks need, but MC caters to an upscale, alpha male, big spender market (much like expensive golf clubs)...so they sell those big boats at the expense of crossover boats.

X14V is apparently the perfect boat that nobody wanted
                1985 19 Skier (Stars & Stripes) - “Twinkle”
                2007 X2 - "The Sun Squirrel" - Sold
                2000 PS195 - Sold

Comment

• it would have been perfect, except that seating arrangment. I think that was a turn off for most. I know of several that went with smaller Malibu VTX because of the seating.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    It looks like they just launched 2015 models and the x35 and x14v are no longer listed. Sad day for certain. It is the only true cross-over (IMO)---seems like it leaves a real hole in the overall line up; unless they make the Prostar V-drive.

At the moment the score is 7:1--with only one ski boat in the MC lineup.
                    X35 was still listed a few hours ago

Comment

• x14v

Interesting comments regarding the seating configuration. I am an owner and love my boat, but I do have to agree that there is something funky about the seating wrap around the v-drive. That coupled with the shear height of the motor required a much higher lid that came above the gunnels, giving it an awkward stern line. It isn’t bad in my ’10 / Indmar engine--it got worse with Ilmore and the extra height. I understand what they were trying to achieve... but get clearly why that might have been a turn off.

Having said that, we are very close to an upgrade. We are a waterski family---but need room to cruise and occasionally have wake boarders and a desire to surf. I would be happy with the Prostar but complaining on choppy days or when we want to haul a lot of people. My wife is never going to agree to a Prostar unless we go big X-30 isn and I pick up a mid 80’s 190... now there is an idea!

In the final analysis, we were leaning heavily towards a custom order of an x14v once more... now, I have no idea. I have skied behind the Sport Nautique 200 and it is much harder wake than my x14v. I won’t go BU. So... Mastercraft.... v-drive Prostar with tower?

Comment

• Go with an X30 and an old prostar. Makes the most sense in a lot of ways.

Comment

• Wow- so I bought one of the last 14V's. Good thing I got all the features I wanted- I'll post pictures of our new boat when I'm back home on a real internet connection next week.

The 14v disappearance could be like last year's prostar: absent at the beginning of the year, and then back again in a mid season re-launch. ...or like the x-15: gone but replaced by another model later on. There is a market for a crossover leaning towards the ski side, so they must have some plans to do something.
                          2014 X-14V
                          2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• I wonder if the demise explains why they did not develop an x-14v gen 2 surf package? I was lucky enough to surf behind an x-10 with the gen 2 today. What an awesome boat for surfing- shame gen 2 is not available for us.
                            2014 X-14V
                            2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• I personally have never seen an x14 on the water in my area, maybe it just wasn't selling?
                              Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                              Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                              For Sale:
                              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by bamabonners View Post
                                it would have been perfect, except that seating arrangment. I think that was a turn off for most. I know of several that went with smaller Malibu VTX because of the seating.
                                I bought a new VTX, the wife did not like driving it, it's a of crossover boat, jack of all trades, master of none.
                                Sold it due to certain reasons, bought a X7, not as much room, wife loves to drive it, ZERO OFF is made of gold.
                                If you like to ski, the vtx is ok, but does not come close to a direct drive. If they continue to make them, X14V will be next.
                                Ok we have a houseboat and we might only be in the boat for an hour so everyone gets a go, but more than 4 in the boat for a set is too many
                                Attached Files
                                2020 XT Sold
                                2018 Prostar Sold
                                2012 X7 Sold
                                2012 VTX Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X