X-14/X-14v owners & enthusiasts thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GT500 MC View Post
    Really like the color combo rtw. Just curious - are you doing your own tower speakers or keeping the tower clean?
    We're keeping the tower clean for now. We have the stereo upgrade so the sound in the cockpit is excellent, but I didn't want to disturb the neighbours or have the kids disturb the neighbours with tower speakers.
    2014 X-14V
    2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• Originally posted by rtw_travel View Post
      We're keeping the tower clean for now. We have the stereo upgrade so the sound in the cockpit is excellent, but I didn't want to disturb the neighbours or have the kids disturb the neighbours with tower speakers.
      Same here - I never wanted speakers on the tower of my 14's.
      Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• One note for other X-14V owners - I've had two 14V's now, and both had ski pylons that were hard to install. I could not actually install the new one.

But I found the trick on my last boat and I used the same trick with the new boat. My problem was that the ring around the pylon on the floor was not exactly lined up with the pylon receiver under the floor. It is a 15 minute job to remove the ring, set it in the right place, drill new holes, and reinstall.

So if your X14V has a stiff pylon, the easiest thing to do is take the trim ring off on the floor (6 phillips screws), and see if the pylon is still hard to insert with no ring there. You may be surprized at how easy it really is.

You can see in the picture that I have removed all screws and centred the trim ring around the pylon. Then I put one screw into the one hole I could see, and drilled 7 new holes for the remainder of the screws.

...and yes, I used vegetable oil as a lubricant because its biodegradeable, but the oil is not really required if the ring is lined up properly.

Hope that helps someone.
        Attached Files
        2014 X-14V
        2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• I wonder if this would intrigue you guys. One of the last X9s and first X14's built.
          Attached Files
          If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

Comment

• Two amazing boats. Very nice.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_att_206 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rtw_travel View Post
              One note for other X-14V owners - I've had two 14V's now, and both had ski pylons that were hard to install. I could not actually install the new one.

But I found the trick on my last boat and I used the same trick with the new boat. My problem was that the ring around the pylon on the floor was not exactly lined up with the pylon receiver under the floor. It is a 15 minute job to remove the ring, set it in the right place, drill new holes, and reinstall.

So if your X14V has a stiff pylon, the easiest thing to do is take the trim ring off on the floor (6 phillips screws), and see if the pylon is still hard to insert with no ring there. You may be surprized at how easy it really is.

You can see in the picture that I have removed all screws and centred the trim ring around the pylon. Then I put one screw into the one hole I could see, and drilled 7 new holes for the remainder of the screws.

...and yes, I used vegetable oil as a lubricant because its biodegradeable, but the oil is not really required if the ring is lined up properly.

Hope that helps someone.
              That is odd---interesting quality issue. I had that exact same situation right from the dealer. Had them look at it during the initial service and they re-drilled the same way you speak of. Still a little tight but I tend to just keep the pylon in for the season anyway.
              Easier to take out in the morning when it's cooler too.

Comment

---interesting quality issue ---
                Post #1000! Congrats
                2014 X-14V
                2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• Originally posted by ProTour X9 View Post
                  I wonder if this would intrigue you guys. One of the last X9s and first X14's built.
                  Wicked cool Doug.
                  Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• What prop are people running on their x14 dd's? Stock or something different? What are your top speeds? We have the stock prop on ours with MCX and like the top speed for barefooting, but have trouble holding speed around wakeboard speeds.

thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                      The 14 DD was a big hit in it's first few years. Then when the 14V came out in '09 that was a big hit. Clearly the numbers of each dwindled enough to drop them both. I'm a little surprised, I thought the 14V would be around a little while longer. The demise of the 14 DD actually made sense to me given the new prostar, which has way more room than the 197, along with the dwindling sales of the 14DD in it's final few years.
                      the new prostar is bigger, with more room... but it has fewer seats than the old one. I would think anyone going for the x-14DD would be looking for more seats (I am). Isn't a bigger ski boat with fewer seats just a ski boat that fits the same number of people with a bigger wake?

I'm super bummed they stopped the X-14DD. I thought it was one of the coolest designs they had... direct drive with wrap around seating. Best of both worlds. You can weigh down the back with fat sacks if you want to wake board or surf, but you can't undo the engine in the back if you want to ski...

Comment

• Not an X14 ... but his slalom inspired brother ... the PS214 ....
                        Attached Files
                        Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                        1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                        Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                        "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• Admiring that 214. Someday....Someday...

Comment

• Originally posted by double_shumba View Post
                            the new prostar is bigger, with more room... but it has fewer seats than the old one. I would think anyone going for the x-14DD would be looking for more seats (I am). Isn't a bigger ski boat with fewer seats just a ski boat that fits the same number of people with a bigger wake?
                            There is no comparison between the wakes of the X14/214 and the new Prostar. The new Prostar is world class for slalom wake (almost none down to 24mph), where my 214 still forces you to practice good form and stack as you cross, or else...

Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
                            Not an X14 ... but his slalom inspired brother ... the PS214 ....
                            You mean like this?
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is odd---interesting quality issue. I had that exact same situation right from the dealer. Had them look at it during the initial service and they re-drilled the same way you speak of. Still a little tight but I tend to just keep the pylon in for the season anyway.
                              Easier to take out in the morning when it's cooler too.
                              Interesting to me as well; especially since my pylon always feels loose! It has never budged at the wrong time, but it feels as if it barely in there sometimes. Does yours really lock into place?

Comment

• Damn it I want a X14 D.D so bad!!!
                                98 Cobra - Custom Engine - Foxlake Racing - Accufab Racing - Holley Dominator ECU - Racepak IQ3 - Griggs Racing - Vortech - Kooks - Weldon - T56 Magnum - Built Rear End - HRE's - Baer - C&R - E-85

2013 F-250 PSD - Carli 2.5" Back Country - Fox Racing - BMF - Toyo RT's - Air Ride - AMP Research - Magnaflow - H&S - No Limit Fabrication - Deleted - Tuned - 450rwhp/1000rwtq

Comment

Working...
                                X