Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
    My 2008 does not have a tower number ... [emoji3166]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mine either..

Leave a comment:

• RowBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnE View Post
    It probably is. My X14 had a better 15 off wake at 34 mph than my 197. My ski buddy first noticed it, and when i mentioned it here, and to another skiing buddy, most agreed
    I skied my old '97 205 and '11 214DD back to back a number of times when I was selling the 205. 15 off @32 the 214 wake is a bit taller but much softer.

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    replied
    My 2008 does not have a tower number ... [emoji3166]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• zsqure
    replied
    tower number

my tower number
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    Originally posted by 3event View Post
    Hey man, i think your X14DD wake at that speed looks better than my 197, hmmmm....nice
    It probably is. My X14 had a better 15 off wake at 34 mph than my 197. My ski buddy first noticed it, and when i mentioned it here, and to another skiing buddy, most agreed

Leave a comment:

• sully
    replied
    Tower number

What is your Tower number?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 3event
    replied
    Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
    32 mph ... 15 off skier this past Summer 214DD with Mini Tower.

No ballast in this one.
    Hey man, i think your X14DD wake at that speed looks better than my 197, hmmmm....nice

Leave a comment:

• 3event
    replied
    Originally Posted by mudmixr
    I am in the market for a x14v. I have always had a DD and currently have a 95 PS 205

Your 205 looks really sharp and will probably command a good price. I've considered going from my 197 to X14V to get more breadth in activities....but with input from the gang here it looks like X14DD would be a better fit for us if/when we decide to make the move - so that's the side I am leaning towards to keep the skiers happy. The idea to set up two MC's at the lake house was voted down

Good luck with your decision!

Leave a comment:

• Footing205
    replied
    Originally posted by mudmixr View Post
    I am in the market for a x14v. I have always had a DD and currently have a 95 PS 205 and IMHO has one of the flattest wakes around depending on line length. I would like to get some opinions on the ski wake of x14v vs x14 DD. Grand kids want to do more than just ski!
    Thanks for your input!
    Been searching for a elusive great condition PS205 - Let me know if you're interested in selling

Thanks

PS- Snow is expected today in MPLS with 7" (Yuk)

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    replied
    32 mph ... 15 off skier this past Summer 214DD with Mini Tower.

No ballast in this one.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    replied
    Originally posted by mudmixr View Post
    I am in the market for a x14v. I have always had a DD and currently have a 95 PS 205 and IMHO has one of the flattest wakes around depending on line length. I would like to get some opinions on the ski wake of x14v vs x14 DD. Grand kids want to do more than just ski!
    Thanks for your input!
    Sweet boat in your pic .. and the 205 wake is going to be a bit smaller and softer than a 214/X14 DD and even more so than the X14V/214V config.

the 205 is a phenomenal wake but let's define that a bit ...
    1. Shortline slalomer like it in the course - course tournament approved.
    2. 15 off open water goodness through 32 off ... from 28 mph to 36 no problemo.

Beginners love the pull and soft wake.

A 214/X14 will give you all those same things just a bit firmer and maybe a little taller. Anyone recreationally skiing the 214/X14 will love it ..... it is a Direct Drive it is easy to love.

Wake with a bit of weight will be smooth and nice for beginner to intermediaATE WAKE sports ... don't count on surfing a DD 214/X14.

Even footers love the 214 and so do trick skiers.

Now for the V 214V/X14V ... a bit bigger wake, still great for recreation and shortline starts becoming questionable .... for an all round boat the 214V/X14V is morew than fine ... and with the V you have shot at some nice surfing sets (platform may need to be raised a bit).

That is my story .... and I am sticking to it.

Leave a comment:

• mudmixr
    replied
    x14v vs X14 DD

Thanks for your input!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rtw_travel1
    replied
    I had some time to spare when putting the boat away this year, so I thought I'd take measurements in case anyone is trying to decide if their boat will fit somewhere

My boat is a 2014 X14V. It has a teak platform, BTS windshield and ZFT4 tower. I also have a double axle trailer. Your options may differ, and I did this as accurately as I could by eyeballing my tape measure, so think of this as indicative only. I also leveled the trailer in a level garage so towing will have slightly different heights if your tow vehicle is higher or lower than level.

So YMMV. Enough disclaimers?

Width of trailer and boat from outside of tire to outside of tire: 8' 3"
    ( outside of tires and outside of rub rail appear to be the same width. . Trailer fender to trailer fender is narrower. I assume it's 8' but did not measure )
    Height of top of anchor light on tower: 9' 11.5 "
    Height of bts windshield 6' 5.5"
    Height of tower when folded down 6' 8"
    Length of boat & trailer from folded tongue to rear of platform: 24'
    Length of boat and trailer from extended tongue to rear of platform: 26' 1"

I don't need to fold the platform down so did not do that measurement. I did do a measurement assuming the platform and mounting brackets were removed
    Length of boat and trailer from folded trailer to stern of transom. i.e. no platform: 21'10"

Hope that is useful for someone

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    Originally posted by h20skier2 View Post
    Got the wife to say “we can keep the boat” :-)
    She’s running great and glad we didn’t sell her. The teenagers are loving her and my son is getting to be quite the wakeboarder. Thanks JohnE for the nice words, means a lot.
    I went with a type of flooring that is almost like a rubber mesh, I’ll post photos when I get it in. It’s being made right now, custom. Suppose to be completely dry in 30 minutes after getting wet; no deterioration underneath either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love it! Keep the good times rolling on.

Leave a comment:

• h20skier2
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnE View Post
    Yes, you do have my '09! You posted it for sale a while ago. I replied to the thread, but didn't hear anything. Let me know if you decide to sell, please! Glad to see it being used and taken care of.

And thanks for the compliments, guys.

Got the wife to say “we can keep the boat” :-)
    She’s running great and glad we didn’t sell her. The teenagers are loving her and my son is getting to be quite the wakeboarder. Thanks JohnE for the nice words, means a lot.
    I went with a type of flooring that is almost like a rubber mesh, I’ll post photos when I get it in. It’s being made right now, custom. Suppose to be completely dry in 30 minutes after getting wet; no deterioration underneath either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X