X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sr56
    replied
    Originally posted by BAdair View Post
    Maiden voyage with the family in the Red Tail. The X14 is quite a bit different than the X9. First off the exhaust is definitely a lot louder. The throttle is much more responsive, but touchey, and I have to do the adjustment to add more friction. A few other adjustments and we will be good to go!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Well if it ends up that you and your family don’t like this beauty, I could be convinced to take it off you hands and then sell my 205...!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TDOT
    replied
    Nice boat! love the sound of these.

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by BAdair View Post
    Maiden voyage with the family in the Red Tail. The X14 is quite a bit different than the X9. First off the exhaust is definitely a lot louder. The throttle is much more responsive, but touchey, and I have to do the adjustment to add more friction. A few other adjustments and we will be good to go!

Congrats on the sweet X14. MCX engine? Should have cats but my guess would be maybe no mufflers?

Leave a comment:

• Cletus
    replied
    That's a good looking tug! Congratulations! The 214 is a fantastic platform!

Leave a comment:

• BAdair
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Markl66
    replied
    Does anyone know where to get an actuator for the attitude plate on a 2012 X14v? I don’t know a part number so I don’t know where to start looking outside of a dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mike koen
    replied
    My fuel guage is pretty accurate . When it comes off the " F " . $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    But I just smile and fill it up.

Leave a comment:

• BrianS
    replied
    The fuel gauge in my X14 DD has been fairly accurate as far as boat gauges go. I usually go by hours, my boat averages about 5 gallons per hour with mixed use. I just track hours since last fill up to know when I should probably think about filling up. I don't like to let it get too empty for fear of fuel pump failure, so I usually fill up about every 5 hours.

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by Wake190 View Post
    Hey Team: Second adventure on the X14V and I hit a couple of snags:

-The gas gauge. I've seen a few comments on how it reads incredibly conservative. I topped it off, put 4 hours on the boat and I'm already getting the "low fuel warning." Is there a fix other than keeping it full all the time? What kind of GPH are you guys seeing in an X14V? I know it depends on the activity, but a ballpark estimate would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help and feedback!

Adam
    The gas level is a issue with these boats. The DD has a 40 gallon tank and when I first got it I got the gas warning at 20% so filled it up and got 18 gallons in it. So I reset the warning to 0% and work it that way, with a seat check every so often.

Leave a comment:

• Cletus
    replied
    Apologies for asking a question and going dark - After searching out my options - I'm going to leave it as a step and leave it alone - my princess can just put a towel down on the off chance she's going to scrape her knee.... Thanks folks!

Leave a comment:

• Krw1225
    replied
    Originally posted by Wake190 View Post
    -The boat lift crushed the paddle wheel. I feel kinda silly I didn't anticipate this, but I don't see how I could have avoided it either without major modifications to the lift. So it looks like Nautic Laugic is the best way to go. (http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4-sr_2020_packages.html). Let me know if anyone has any other ideas/solutions.
    -I'm trying to remove the removable center ski pylon in the floor and it won't budge. I've tried removing the trim ring, WD40, hitting it with a rubber mallet. No progress. Any ideas would be appreciated. If it is stuck there forever, not the end of the world. But it would be nice to remove it when we aren't slalom skiing.
    -The gas gauge. I've seen a few comments on how it reads incredibly conservative. I topped it off, put 4 hours on the boat and I'm already getting the "low fuel warning." Is there a fix other than keeping it full all the time? What kind of GPH are you guys seeing in an X14V? I know it depends on the activity, but a ballpark estimate would be great.

Adam
    Can’t help with the paddle wheel but attaching picture of our lift set up, to see if that will help. Not much help on the pylon, other than I have on other models, you push down on them and turn it left, but hopefully someone with the x14v will chime in soon.

On the DD version, we just lift the middle back seat and you can look at the fuel tank, not sure if it’s visible lifting one of the corner seats in the V model. I’m currently fighting the gas gauge issue on mine as we speak. Does the gauge or Vdig move at all when you are out? Or is it stuck? One thing you might check in the Vdig, you can set the level at which the low fuel warning comes on I believe. Previous owner might have set really high.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wake190
    replied
    Sorry for the double post. Still a newbie...

Leave a comment:

• Wake190
    replied

-The boat lift crushed the paddle wheel. I feel kinda silly I didn't anticipate this, but I don't see how I could have avoided it either without major modifications to the lift. So it looks like Nautic Laugic is the best way to go. (http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4-sr_2020_packages.html). Let me know if anyone has any other ideas/solutions.

-I'm trying to remove the removable center ski pylon in the floor and it won't budge. I've tried removing the trim ring, WD40, hitting it with a rubber mallet. No progress. Any ideas would be appreciated. If it is stuck there forever, not the end of the world. But it would be nice to remove it when we aren't slalom skiing.

Adam

Leave a comment:

• Wake190
    replied

Adam

Leave a comment:

• Wake190
    replied
    Originally posted by trunderw View Post
    Welcome! Sweet boat! Need details on the Sammy...
    She is a 1996 ProStar 190 Sammy Duvall. 5.7 TBI with the 1:1 Velvet Drive. 1100 hours. Monster Tower. Brand new cover. Great boat. I don't really want to sell her, but I really don't need two boats either. I'll be posting the Team Talk classifieds soon. Just need some better pictures.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X