Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krw1225
    replied
    So as I was putting the boat up for the weekend, I noticed a little more water in the bilge than normal... ugh. The amount should have kicked on the auto bilge pump I would think but did not. I didn’t think to turn the switch to manual first, I instead pulled the plug to drain instead. As I’ve been working on the fuel sending unit issue, I’ve noticed some water accumulation towards the stern (by tank/rudder area). Next time at the lake, I’m going to make sure the bilge is dry (probably use my wet vac). A couple of questions:

1. Does the bilge pump have a float, or will I most likely need to replace the entire pump?
    2. In the past I’ve read about people pumping more grease into rudder seal, or shaft packing/drip less shafts. Do either of these apply to x-14, or what to check/look for?
    3. Best way/place to trouble shoot water leaking in while on lake? Can I do it from lift with boat in water, or do I need to be moving, etc?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Krw1225; 06-08-2020, 12:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rhob88
    replied
    Was there a post on the lenco part # for the center tab actuator , my 2010 c-14v needs one and its on my lift and hard to read

Leave a comment:

• trunderw
    replied
    I've pulled barefooters with mine and it was in that 42 range. I recorded from my boat a barefooter in a 190 beside me and he left me. OJ told me there's a different prop that will add a few mph and reduce rpm at ski speed. There's likely a prop option for the rtp that would do the same.
    I'm gonna say 75 mph will be hard unless another boat pulls you up on plane then let's you go 😂

Leave a comment:

• TDOT
    replied
    nice video! I will probably take it out this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    replied
    Originally posted by TDOT View Post
    Looking at my last post it looks like I am trying to sell my boat to some redneck who wants a speed boat... Now although I cannot confirm or deny his redneckedness… He is looking to barefoot the boat and is looking to pull 41-43mph.
    I have an MCX 214 with Mini-Tower (I mention 214 since it lacks the weight of ballast) and a smaller tower weighs less.

With that said we run 43-44 with the MCX, there is a video of DoubleD barefooting it here ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0FI4Au8mX8 (phenomenal boat driving btw)

The RTP may be a little less than the MCX .... but I would expect 39-41

Barefooters like the shape of the wake I have been told.

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by TDOT View Post
    Looking at my last post it looks like I am trying to sell my boat to some redneck who wants a speed boat... Now although I cannot confirm or deny his redneckedness… He is looking to barefoot the boat and is looking to pull 41-43mph.
    No clue with the RTP. Run her!!

Leave a comment:

• John Johnson
    replied
    75 mph

Leave a comment:

• TDOT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TDOT
    replied
    Anyone know the top speed of a 08 x14dd RTP-1 Stock prop? I have a potential buyer asking... I just might need to get it out and do a test run.

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    replied
    Well played David ... the photographer on that pic had some good training!

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
    I have seen that on other models as well ... maybe to zipper up an extension to the front of it for increased coverage?

Just a guess ..... please pardon if it is an awful one

Speaking of awful .... DoubleD has not bought a beer yet today! or posted a new LED pic .... c'mon DoubleDawg!

Okay, whatever...

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by BAdair View Post
    So we used our bimini for the first time since buying the boat and I noticed two zippers across the front. Anyone know what they are for? I'll try and snap a picture next time it's open but hopefully someone has some insight.
    My bimini also has zippers across the front edge. I assumed it was a Canadian thing to add a drop down windshield or something.

Checking my build sheet it says my boat came with:
    Boat Cover w/ TWR
    Bimini Cover w/ TWR
    Cockpit Cover w/ TWR
    Tonneau Cover

All I got with the boat was a standard boat cover and Bimini with a cover sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    replied
    Originally posted by BAdair View Post
    So we used our bimini for the first time since buying the boat and I noticed two zippers across the front. Anyone know what they are for? I'll try and snap a picture next time it's open but hopefully someone has some insight.
    I have seen that on other models as well ... maybe to zipper up an extension to the front of it for increased coverage?

Just a guess ..... please pardon if it is an awful one

Speaking of awful .... DoubleD has not bought a beer yet today! or posted a new LED pic .... c'mon DoubleDawg!

Leave a comment:

• BAdair
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Krw1225
    replied
    Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
    Heck, if the price is reasonable I would buy one as well.

Yours always showing full may be a different issue ... too me the short length means it drops from full too quickly,

Did I misunderstand? Does yours always show full? That would indicate something else ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes, mine reads full all the time. The sender is pushing out 2.53V when it is out of the tank, and that’s not correct. So, I’m going to order the new sender.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X