X-14/X-14v owners & enthusiasts thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Krw1225 View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations on waterline covers for x-14 with ZFT3 tower? Or is it possible/more practical to just add panels to my upgraded existing cover (hoping JohnE can chime in with where he ordered or from originally)...
    Your cover is a factory cover. (3rd one due to the TX heat killing the first 2) I'd look into a custom waterline cover. There are a few threads on these, I can search later. I don't think I'd add panels to the factory cover. It can be done, but I'd want a better fit and finish than doctoring up the original. Someone here had an X14 or 214 for sale not long ago with a custom waterline cover. I'll try to find the thread.
    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• I purchased a new cover which also covers transom from coverquest in Florida. They have side panels available . Originaly planned on purchasing this spring but never got around to it.
      If she don't shine , she ain't mine

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
        Your cover is a factory cover. (3rd one due to the TX heat killing the first 2) I'd look into a custom waterline cover. There are a few threads on these, I can search later. I don't think I'd add panels to the factory cover. It can be done, but I'd want a better fit and finish than doctoring up the original. Someone here had an X14 or 214 for sale not long ago with a custom waterline cover. I'll try to find the thread.
        You gave me two covers with the boat, one was factory with the poles, and then the aftermarket cover, that is much nicer, doesn’t require poles. I sent a message to the poster who had a waterline cover for sale, but it had snaps, and don’t want to go that route if possible.

Comment

• For those of you that have your x-14s on boat lifts, what weight capacity is sufficient enough to carry the load?

Comment

For those of you that have your x-14s on boat lifts, what weight capacity is sufficient enough to carry the load?
            5k 120” shore station. No problems at all.
            -Chad
            2021 GS22, 1995 CC Ski Nautique
            previous
            2010 MC x14v,
            2001 MC Prostar 190,
            1989 CC Ski Nautique 2001,
            1984 CC Ski Nautique,
            1979 CC Ski Tique

Comment

You gave me two covers with the boat, one was factory with the poles, and then the aftermarket cover, that is much nicer, doesn’t require poles. I sent a message to the poster who had a waterline cover for sale, but it had snaps, and don’t want to go that route if possible.
              I forgot I had bought the Evolution cover from Cory!!! You should check to see if he can modify it.

Crafting custom tournament boat covers is what we do. See What Sets Us Apart. We incorporate your boat’s specifications into our design process, and it shows! Evolution Covers® hug tightly to your boat’s rub rail to provide the best-fitting boat covers available.

Cory Anderson: i[email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by cdstukey View Post
                5k 120” shore station. No problems at all.
                Agreed, the X14 dry weight is about 3300. Add 300lbs for gas and a few hundred for gear, and it's still a little under 4K

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                  I forgot I had bought the Evolution cover from Cory!!! You should check to see if he can modify it.

Crafting custom tournament boat covers is what we do. See What Sets Us Apart. We incorporate your boat’s specifications into our design process, and it shows! Evolution Covers® hug tightly to your boat’s rub rail to provide the best-fitting boat covers available.

Cory Anderson: [email protected]
                  Awesome, thanks John!

Comment

• Always good to have the proper gear when arriving at the lake, and the right color. [emoji16][emoji23][emoji1787]

If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by Double D View Post
                      Always good to have the proper gear when arriving at the lake, and the right color. [emoji16][emoji23][emoji1787]

I like the license plate !!
                      If she don't shine , she ain't mine

Comment

• New to me X14 DD

Hiya folks.....

Just committed to a new to me 2008 X-14! I'm super stoked. ~300 hours - clean as a whistle. I feel like I just found a unicorn!

My mechanic mentioned the fuel pump and fuel senders as the only primary weak points on this boat - you guys have any additional things I need to look for? I've got service records for all the maintenance going back - looks like it's had regular maintenance every season with a full service at winterization. The only thing it needs at 300 hours maybe is a tune up which I plan to do when it's sitting in the garage over the winter.

Looking forward to being part of the community.

Peter
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	x-14-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	2400272

Comment

• Originally posted by Cletus View Post
                          Hiya folks.....

Just committed to a new to me 2008 X-14! I'm super stoked. ~300 hours - clean as a whistle. I feel like I just found a unicorn!

My mechanic mentioned the fuel pump and fuel senders as the only primary weak points on this boat - you guys have any additional things I need to look for? I've got service records for all the maintenance going back - looks like it's had regular maintenance every season with a full service at winterization. The only thing it needs at 300 hours maybe is a tune up which I plan to do when it's sitting in the garage over the winter.

Looking forward to being part of the community.

Peter

Congrats on the new tug. I saw that one when it went on the market. I thought it was gone long ago. She looks sweet and the red headed sister of mine.

Not aware of any fuel pump and sender unit issues, but I’ve only had mine a year.

Send more photos once you have her home.
                          If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                          1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by Double D View Post
                            Congrats on the new tug. I saw that one when it went on the market. I thought it was gone long ago. She looks sweet and the red headed sister of mine.

Not aware of any fuel pump and sender unit issues, but I’ve only had mine a year.

Send more photos once you have her home.
                            Thanks Double D!

When I can give her the longterm up and close I'll post more. Can't wait to make some turns behind this thing. I'll have this out on Jordan lake mostly because it's so close by (2o minutes to being off the ramp - 23 to skiing) my house.

Take care

Comment

• Congrats Cletus, I'm a big fan of the X14. No real issues to worry about. Check to see if the recall was performed on the fuel tank and on the exhaust cats if the engine is the MCX. The rudder could rub on the fuel tank, it was an easy fix with a couple brackets. And they had a bad batch of cats. Mine were fine when replaced, but others have re-plumbed them in some fashion. I didn't pay close attention on the specifics.

Comment

• Welcome to the club of X-14 owners in the triangle!

Comment

Working...
                                X