X-14/X-14v owners & enthusiasts thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrianS View Post
    Just FYI, Cory at Evolution can not locate the pattern for the direct drive version of the 214. I believe he has a pattern for the V-drive model.

Now to decide between Erb's or a local guy here in Dayton that I've had luck with before...

You know my vote. Erbs!!
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Just FYI, Cory at Evolution can not locate the pattern for the direct drive version of the 214. I believe he has a pattern for the V-drive model.

Now to decide between Erb's or a local guy here in Dayton that I've had luck with before...
      That is disappointing to hear.
      Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
        That is disappointing to hear.
        Agreed. I went back and forth with him a few times. Referred him to you and Kourtney but I guess he couldn't find it.

At one point he thought he had it, but mentioned it was for a 2009, and I know he made one for a guy in WA that had a 2009 V-drive that sank. I mentioned that and he was back to saying he didn't have the right one.

Comment

• My vote would be for Erb as well. His problem is that he does not "pattern" a boat. I asked him to make two when he had Dave's boat last spring, he said it didn't work that way. He needs the boat to make the cover. He will be making a cover for me this December, hopefully re-skin of my bimini as well. We had Erb make a cover for a 21' i/o back in the 90's and did a nice job and it was $325. He would make covers and heat tubes for our dozers as well. He's been around but may not be the most "stylish".
          https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
          1988 prostar 190 SOLD
          2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

That’s a bummer! Had we been a couple months earlier, he had my cover back when he was adding side skirts, and could have used it to make new template it. Sorry to hear!

Comment

• Covers

These are great. http://www.skiboatcovers.com/masterc...-cover-mc1285t
              http://www.skiboatcovers.com/masterc...cover-mc1285xt
              Recommend waterline fit.

Comment

• just curious if there are any original (first buyer) 214/X14 owners out there?
                09 214 Prostar with MCX

Comment

• Originally posted by sully View Post
                  just curious if there are any original (first buyer) 214/X14 owners out there?
                  Do you mean ever, or original owners who still have them? I bought 2 new ones, 1 used, and wish I still had any one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                    Do you mean ever, or original owners who still have them? I bought 2 new ones, 1 used, and wish I still had any one of them.
                    I was thinking original owners who still have them. This might be an interesting post in the general discussion area.
                    09 214 Prostar with MCX

Comment

I was thinking original owners who still have them. This might be an interesting post in the general discussion area.
                      That's what I figured you meant. Post it up there.

Comment

• I got mine new, (and ran several questions past John E during the transaction! Thanks again). It has been great for us and still love every minute on it!
                        2008 X-14 MCX
                        1993 Prostar 205
                        1982 S&S

Comment

• I believe have one of JohnE’s X-14s; still running great and actually at the mechanic being serviced now. Putting new flooring in, the original carpet was spent and deteriorating underneath. Ballast pumps have been finicky and I’m replacing the GPS antennas for the Zero Off due to corrosion.
                          All an all, 500 hours on the boat and she’s running strong. Now to buy a new tandem trailer for it “someday”; probably next summer.

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just curious if there are any original (first buyer) 214/X14 owners out there?
                              Yup. Got about 800 hours and going strong. Not quite as shiny as she once was but one day we'll fix that.
                              Skiid earlier this week 😁
                              boats rock, but don't rock the boat

Comment

• Originally posted by h20skier2 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                This was the first x-14 I wanted to buy, ha! John has good taste. The zero-off pucks do seem to be deteriorating, glad to know it happens to others as well! What type of carpet replacement t are you going with?

Comment

Working...
                                X