X-14/X-14v owners & enthusiasts thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrianS View Post
    That was the pic I was thinking off. Really like that look. Those side decals are definitely larger than stock.

Placed my order with Domed Numbers today. Went with stock size (6") side decal. Really hoping Jaw's can bring the flake back to life and get the look above!
    I am 99% sure that I ordered 6 inch decals from domed, sorry the picture is really blurry
    Attached Files
    Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	9F1699B9-9D2B-4270-A676-431EC28337F6.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	703.4 KB
ID:	2694980
      Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

I am 99% sure that I ordered 6 inch decals from domed, sorry the picture is really blurry
      You ordered correctly if you want to stay with that stock look. I ordered 6” tall when I replaced mine.

​​​​​​​
      If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
      1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

• Just checked and mine are 6 inch. I had the x14 logo with the arrows before I switched to the bullseye.

Comment

• Originally posted by peytonvp View Post
          Just checked and mine are 6 inch. I had the x14 logo with the arrows before I switched to the bullseye.
          So its a 2007? It looks great the Bullseye, but many people don't like it. I like the Bullseye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double D View Post

So its a 2007? It looks great the Bullseye, but many people don't like it. I like the Bullseye.
            Yes, it is an 07. I go back and fourth on the bullseye. I do not think it looks bad and I feel that it gives a little something extra to the side of the boat. That being said, the x14 has such good lines that I think that the Mastercraft logo on the side would do. I had already ordered the bullseye so I felt like I needed to put them on and wanted to tie in a little more navy anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by brucemac View Post
              Wow that was a gorgeous ride. Miss her?
              Oh yeah, I wish I never sold it. I sold it bc I thought I needed to free up cash when I built the new house in late 2012. Turns out I didn't have to sell....but by then it was too late. The current owner is in this thread. If he wants to sell, I'll buy it back. Even if it needs a little love. Then I bought the 40th, and sold that, like a dumbass. (Well not totally, the XT22 was a sweet boat too) I'd buy that 40th back today as well. (Ahem, Kort...)

Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post

Oh yeah, I wish I never sold it. I sold it bc I thought I needed to free up cash when I built the new house in late 2012. Turns out I didn't have to sell....but by then it was too late. The current owner is in this thread. If he wants to sell, I'll buy it back. Even if it needs a little love. Then I bought the 40th, and sold that, like a dumbass. (Well not totally, the XT22 was a sweet boat too) I'd buy that 40th back today as well. (Ahem, Kort...)
                you’ll be the first person I call if that day ever comes, but the lake house is almost done, so I expect it to get even more use next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Krw1225 View Post

you’ll be the first person I call if that day ever comes, but the lake house is almost done, so I expect it to get even more use next year!
                  Fair enough.

edit: can't get emoji's to show. Do I have to turn them on or something?

Comment

Fair enough.

edit: can't get emoji's to show. Do I have to turn them on or something?
                    You are the Admin.....(just sayin'...you have access to that feature) Nothing to turn on. What is available is in the text box area.

The emojis available are default by vB. The custom plagiarized emojis did not get put into the newer version 5.6.X. Someone forgot the revert function.

Click image for larger version  Name:	emoji01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	2695193
                    93 190
                    (safe click)

Comment

• Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

You are the Admin.....(just sayin'...you have access to that feature) Nothing to turn on. What is available is in the text box area.

The emojis available are default by vB. The custom plagiarized emojis did not get put into the newer version 5.6.X. Someone forgot the revert function.

Click image for larger version Name:	emoji01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	2695193
                      Admin in title only. My admin buttons disappeared a few upgrades ago. I have nothing more than mod buttons. Since this latest upgrade, I haven't had more than a couple minutes a day on the site, so haven't been able to even play around with anything. TY for the response and I'll dig deeper.

Comment

• I am looking at upgrading from a 2003 Air Nautique 216 direct drive to a 2012 X14V with the ilmor 5.7 liter engine. I have always been a nautique guy and am very familiar with PCM engines. I do most of my own maintenance and winterizing as well but would like to upgrade to a V-drive option and the Nautique Sport 200 is like a unicorn in the used market and I have recently begin researching the X14V from Mastercraft and it looks promising. Our group does a decent amount of barefooting with some wakeboarding mixed in so it seems like a good fit. I am not really concerned about the surf wave as we are not that into it and I can surf others boats if needed. I had a couple of questions.
                        1.) How easy is the maintenance on these engines? Are normal items fairly easily accessible? Oil drain hose, oil filter, plugs, wires, impeller, etc.?
                        2.) How is it for winterizing? Obviously a direct drive is pretty easy with great access. Are all of the drain plugs pretty accessible?
                        3.) Any other comments/concerns with the ilmor engine?
                        4.) How do you guys like the X14V for skiing and boating in general?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

• Kimball did you lost a bet? why are moving to a V drive? C'mon man Direct Drives rule! THe 216 is a sweet boat and the 214V is a darn good boat but I am partial to my 214 with the engine in the middle. Since you don't care about the surf wake, are you sure you want a V drive? Are you looking for the different seating config?

In any case, the 214v's I have seen are sweet and I like them alot.

Ilmor 5.7 is a great motor and alot that you know about the PCM will apply and translate so don't fear the Ilmor.
                          Winterization will be just as easy.
                          Love the Ilmor engine and also loved the Indmars and PCM's in my life.
                          I like the X14V especially with the cutoff BTS windshield and 2 point tower, but I prefer DD

Good luck and let us know how it turns out, someone with a X14V should come along and give more insight.

Peace.
                          Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                          1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                          Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                          "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• Yeah, not sure why you are considering a v-drive if surfing is not important. I know you can get a bigger wakeboard wake but is that worth it? Sac out the 216 for those times. I know many people who have moved from a DD to a VD and regret it and I hope you wont be one. My brother has a SN 206 and its a great boat.

Good luck!

Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
                            Kimball did you lost a bet? why are moving to a V drive? C'mon man Direct Drives rule! THe 216 is a sweet boat and the 214V is a darn good boat but I am partial to my 214 with the engine in the middle. Since you don't care about the surf wake, are you sure you want a V drive? Are you looking for the different seating config?

In any case, the 214v's I have seen are sweet and I like them alot.

Ilmor 5.7 is a great motor and alot that you know about the PCM will apply and translate so don't fear the Ilmor.
                            Winterization will be just as easy.
                            Love the Ilmor engine and also loved the Indmars and PCM's in my life.
                            I like the X14V especially with the cutoff BTS windshield and 2 point tower, but I prefer DD

Good luck and let us know how it turns out, someone with a X14V should come along and give more insight.

Peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double D View Post

Brian, just use a picture of Robs 214. Bam!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	43393F05-C0ED-41B4-A133-DE82D6C6EFE1.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	970.1 KB
ID:	2694592
                              that is going to look great Brian ... cannot wait to see it

Comment

that 40th was great ... you should have kept both!

Comment

Working...
                                X