X-14/X-14v owners & enthusiasts thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gts-20 View Post
    Hello TeamTalk. It’s been a long while since I've posted here. I think it back in 2016. I have a 2008 Prostar 214 that my wife and I absolutely love. It was one of the first things we bought together.
    Nice looking machine.
    Message to you in your TT inbox (up top).
    93 190
    (safe click)

Comment

Hello TeamTalk. It’s been a long while since I've posted here. I think it back in 2016. I have a 2008 Prostar 214 that my wife and I absolutely love. It was one of the first things we bought together.

Due to some non-boating related injuries for both of us, we have not used the boat in a long time. The last time we had it out was 2019 and that was just for a long weekend of pulling some friends kids around on wakeboards. It was winterized and put back away again, We have come to the realization that we are at a point in our lives where we probably won’t be able to use this machine for what it was designed for anymore. I've had 2 major back surgeries, both shoulders rebuilt, and both knees reconstructed, and my wife just recovered from a Liz Franc fracture along with some other lingering knee problems.

I am going to pull it out of storage in the next couple of weeks and go through it. My plan is to get it back into "weekly use" operational condition and keep it that way, with the intention of selling it to the right buyer eventually.

The boat was professional treated for long term storage back in 2019 when it was put away. This is what's on my list of thing to do. Please help me add to it so I don't miss anything:
      • Drain the fuel from the tank and refill. It was treated with stabilizer when it was put away, but I don't trust it will still be good.
      • Replace the fuel filter
      • Change engine oil and filter
      • Change trans oil
      • Replace spark plugs
      • replace distributor cap and rotor
      • replace impellor
      • replace battery
      • replace engine drive belt
      • inspect/replace trailer bunks/carpet
      • replace all 5 trailer tires
      • check trailer bearings and replace bearing oil.
      • check trailer brakes
      • check winch strap and transom straps
      • deep clean and condition vinyl.
      • install new snap in carpet.
      • Clean and treat bimini cover
      • refinish swim platform
      • ???
      These pics were taken when I pulled it out of storage in 2019.
      Looks super clean before it went for a long nap. Good luck with sale!

Comment

• Originally posted by Krw1225 View Post
        Looks super clean before it went for a long nap. Good luck with sale!
        Thank you.

Just to add an update to my previous post...... I finally got all the work done to bring her back to life from long term storage. The hardest part was actually pumping out the 40ish gallons of 3 yr old fuel. I water tested her yesterday and she ran like the day we bought her. The only things left to do are refinish the teak and do a deep clean, wax/polish.

Comment

• That’s a sharp looking boat! Glad to see it’s up and running.

Comment

• Anyone know where the temp sensors (air and lake) are on a 2011 x14v? Out on the lake yesterday and lake temp said about 5 deg high and air was 10 deg high. Thought maybe replacing sensors might be an easy fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by boscoman View Post
              Anyone know where the temp sensors (air and lake) are on a 2011 x14v? Out on the lake yesterday and lake temp said about 5 deg high and air was 10 deg high. Thought maybe replacing sensors might be an easy fix.
              Might not be the sensor, could be something much cheaper like the deutsch (so?) connector.

Comment

Anyone know where the temp sensors (air and lake) are on a 2011 x14v? Out on the lake yesterday and lake temp said about 5 deg high and air was 10 deg high. Thought maybe replacing sensors might be an easy fix.
                the water temp I believe comes from the transducer next to your drain plug …. Air temp is inside the dash I believe ,,, my 2008 has always had some error in the values 🤯

Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• Evening run
                  Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                  1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                  Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                  "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• Not sure if this belongs here or in fuel pump 101, but here goes. I would like to buy a fuel pump as a backup. My boat is 2011 X14V. The label on top of the full unit says:
                    Moeller Marine Products
                    Millennium Industries PN 3832-01
                    MFG Date: 121410
                    Question is which pump cartridge would go in this: which Airtex or the Precision E16047 used in the Youtube video?

Thanks very much
                    Bill Montgomery

Comment

• I have learned to waterski, then slalom and now starting the course, all behind my 2011 x14v 6.0 Yesterday I decided to try wake surfing. We loaded up both the port and starboard ballast and left the KGB empty. After a couple tries, I got up on the surfboard. and was towed for awhile before hitting the water. The wave/wake was not very big and I never could develop any slack in the rope. Actually, the wake looked like it was mostly roostertail. Question: Will filling the KGB help? Empty the starboard (off) side? I have a couple of outboard bags that I haven't tried yet, add them? Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks very much

Comment

• One of my "things to do" in getting our 214 out of long term storage and back to ready-to-use condition was to get a new cover made. I had a local upholstery shop down the road from my boat storage make us a new custom cover and bimini out of Sunbrella. It wasn't cheap, but man this guy is good. If anyone needs similar work done in the Houston/Conroe or surround area, let me know. I will pass on his contact info,.... or I just noticed its in the background of one of the pics.

Comment

• Looks great! Did you decide to keep her?

Originally posted by gts-20 View Post
                          One of my "things to do" in getting our 214 out of long term storage and back to ready-to-use condition was to get a new cover made. I had a local upholstery shop down the road from my boat storage make us a new custom cover and bimini out of Sunbrella. It wasn't cheap, but man this guy is good. If anyone needs similar work done in the Houston/Conroe or surround area, let me know. I will pass on his contact info,.... or I just noticed its in the background of one of the pics.

If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                          1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

...new custom cover and bimini out of Sunbrella. It wasn't cheap...
                            Good custom cover and bimini out of Sunbrella isn't cheap and cheap custom cover and bimini isn't good.

Looks great.

93 190
                            (safe click)

Comment

• Anyone know how much factory ballast there is in a 2011 x-14v? I've looked at manuals and forums and can't find it anywhere.
                              Thanks

Comment

Not sure if this belongs here or in fuel pump 101, but here goes. I would like to buy a fuel pump as a backup. My boat is 2011 X14V. The label on top of the full unit says:
                                Moeller Marine Products
                                Millennium Industries PN 3832-01
                                MFG Date: 121410
                                Question is which pump cartridge would go in this: which Airtex or the Precision E16047 used in the Youtube video?

Thanks very much
                                Bill Montgomery
                                Probably should put in the fuel pump thread, but if it says Millennium my understanding is that it is the newer two pump system. The airtex 2044/2065 was for the old system. The new fuel pump modules are currently on back order...or at least some of them are.
                                Boat: 2006 X15
                                Tow: 2017, 6.2L GMC Sierra, Crew Cab, Max Tow

Comment

Working...
                                X