B.I.G. Rider Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.I.G. Rider Settings

I have been trying to figure out the rider settings portion of the B.I.G. and ran into something strange. When I change to a rider that has ballast settings, the ballast does not auto fill. And when I switch to something like 'econo cruise' which has no ballast, the ballast does not empty. Is there some way to initialize this so that I don't have to use the hard switches for ballast? Seems like I am missing something obvious...

I do the same, and the ballast empty/fill when needed

you hit "select" after you loaded a rider?
    MC x45 2011 Ilmor6.0 white/red

webmaster - www.wake.co.il

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85CoNjFc-wY - go to 1:16

Comment

Thanks for the link, Or. I am doing exactly what Zane does to select the rider but the ballast is not filling.

Comment

I do what Zane does and it works for me with no problem...

Comment

Well that is encouraging -- at least it's supposed to work the way I thought. Now I just have to figure out why mine doesn't.

Comment

ShawnB, You have the plug&play on your boat? if you do, that's the reason the ballast won't fill..

Comment

Oh that's not good. Is there a way to re-enable it? I want the BIG to control the hard tanks on the boat through profiles and to manually fill the plug-and-play via switches (most riders won't be using the extra ballast).

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnB View Post
                  Oh that's not good. Is there a way to re-enable it? I want the BIG to control the hard tanks on the boat through profiles and to manually fill the plug-and-play via switches (most riders won't be using the extra ballast).
                  I'm in the same problem...
                  on my 2010 I didn't have the plug&play and got used to work with the pre-settings

when I upgraded to my current 2011 I've orderd the plug&play.. (that I use only for wakesurfing).
                  needless to say my disappointment when I found out that the pre-set is not working!
                  already burned 2 green impellers this session... (about 40 hours)

Comment

I burned an impeller out too before hour number 3 was on the boat. I'm sure that someone other than the two of us has some more info on this... 2011 owners? Dealers?? MasterCraft???

Comment

Shawn, I tried this morning on my 2011 X-25 with PnP. When I selected a rider that has full ballast in the profile, it filled the tanks. I created another profile with empty ballast, and when I selected it, it emptied the tanks. I do notice that emptying one of the side tanks (I think it was starboard) takes a long time -- maybe I should check my impeller.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle View Post
                        Shawn, I tried this morning on my 2011 X-25 with PnP. When I selected a rider that has full ballast in the profile, it filled the tanks. I created another profile with empty ballast, and when I selected it, it emptied the tanks. I do notice that emptying one of the side tanks (I think it was starboard) takes a long time -- maybe I should check my impeller.

Really?! when you select a rider with empty ballast it's stop automatically?
                        Do the red LED in the ballast buttons are working when it runs???

Comment

I selected a rider profile with 0% ballast and it automatically emptied the tanks. The red lights went on for the ballast switches. I don't recall if the pumps and/or switches went off automatically or what. When the tanks were at 0% (though I don't remember if the red lights were still on), I switched to a rider profile with 100% ballast to set it up for next time out, but mistakenly activated it, so the tanks started filling again and then I manually emptied, rather than switching to the Econo Cruise rider.

I will pay closer attention next time to the behavior and report in.

Comment

Eagle - you have the p&p on your boat? if soo that's great news for me!

almost lost another impellor this weekend. i've noticed the pump is on only when the boat was on the trailer,

I really don't understand why there is no "run dry" protection on the pumps...

I'm not supposed to use the stereo when I fill/empty the ballast?! it's not written on the manual!

Comment

Just got news from my dealer

no timers
                              no run dry protection
                              no pre-setting for the BIG

I'm really disappointed with the plug&play... I think MC should think on a make-over for the system... next boat for sure won't add the system

Comment

Working...
                              X