No announcement yet.

X Star Ballast Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a good looking wave! Much like I get with my setup. I think that works best with the x-star.

what is your speed? I find if I bump up the speed it firms up the wake
    2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

That is a good Wake... Anyone got a similiar wake behind the X without all the Ballast sitting in the seats?

Comment

Originally posted by DBrown2 View Post
        That is a good Wake... Anyone got a similiar wake behind the X without all the Ballast sitting in the seats?
        I'll have some pictures next weekend weather permitting.

Comment

Well Hopefully I have pics next Sunday or Monday. I just ordered a Fly High 1100lb Bag for Rear (Yes I know it want fill all the way) to feed at the same time a 370Lb Fly High Tube Sac got the piggy back system to eleminate hopefully a run to Lowe's. I plan to locate the Tube Sac on Port side under seats but locate it under the Observer/Cockpit to front seat area. I am doing this just to see if I can elimate dropping coin on the custom bags from Fly High for the front... which are are pricey in my opinion just for what weight you can get.

Comment

11.5-12.5 mph

Comment

Went out yesterday. 750 in port locker, 540 under port seats as far back as possible (which was to the batteries), port hard tank full. 3 girls sitting on port side, driver in driver seat. Speed was 11.2. I think if it's this light of crew again we could put another 200 in the bow to help with length. Had one of the girls move up there and it really seemed to make a difference. Not the cleanest wave but it worked for me. Water was choppy too.

Comment

You might actually need a little more speed. That'll clean up some of that wash.
                -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mzimme View Post
                  You might actually need a little more speed. That'll clean up some of that wash.
                  I'll try that next time out, thanks!

Comment

I will be accepting delivery of my new to me 2009 xstar. It has the pro tour ballast system which includes the sacs in the rear lockers as well as the two sacs in in the bow.

I have read through this thread as well as countless others and there are just so many different combinations and recommendations. In the end I will probably end up trying many of these but would love to hear input.

It seems most people for surfing weight the star with some sacs in the boat on top of the seats or on the actual floor, I would like to stay away from this. If I plan to stay away from this and use the 4 sacs and factory ballasts I have above, what would you guys recommend?

Maybe full factory with full port locker sac and and 2/3 front port sac and 1/3 starboard front sac?
                    Last edited by jbehr99; 04-30-2015, 02:48 AM.

Comment

We had 7 people in the boat last weekend and got a pretty decent surf wake with factory kgb and port filled plus the pwt port sack. Made everyone sit in the main cabin, no one in the front. Front weight seems to trash the wake.
                      2006 MasterCraft XStar
                      2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
                      2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

Look up this guys Instagram..... IMO he has the best 2nd gen Xstar surf wave I've ever seen...and if you go through many pics you'll see his exact set up and a few pics of how the boat sits!

https://instagram.com/wakesurfcanada/

Comment

Beg is right... but u will see I have asked numerous times for them to share the exact setup.. but they fail to ever really respond. But as he suggested just study the pics.
                          Mine w the 1100 rear port and 370 port tube.. w all factory kgb port filled and center it throws a good wave... Now I have prop issues..

Comment

Beg is right... but u will see I have asked numerous times for them to share the exact setup.. but they fail to ever really respond. But as he suggested just study the pics.
                            Mine w the 1100 rear port and 370 port tube.. w all factory kgb port filled and center it throws a good wave... Now I have prop issues..

I know they run a lot on surf side! Like rub rail under water...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I asked and he responded right away....I'll see if I can find his message

Comment

Found it...I asked him on IG on one of their pics of the wave and he went back through his older pics and commented on the pic of his set up...here's a screenshot of his set up and of his response to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X