Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andyg
    replied
    Contact Engine Nut on this forum. He works for Indmar.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...328#post735328

Leave a comment:

• Thrall
    replied
    Not anymore, it was about 7years ago. MC of AZ put me in touch with them (and they helped as well. Probably not going to get much help from S&W unless things are different than when I lived in CO).
    SOmeone will have contact info, or just phone up Vonore, TN and ask who you need to talk to about this.

Leave a comment:

• Kyle's_prostar205
    replied
    Thanks, I will do that. Do you have any points of contact back there you could share? Thanks for your help and advice!

Leave a comment:

• rhsprostar
    replied
    I would talk to someone at Indmar. They are a pretty good company and I think if you politely but firmly explain the situation, I would think that they would come through for you.....................especially because there is a recall on the manifolds...
    I have only had good service and interactions with them.

Leave a comment:

• Kyle's_prostar205
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrall View Post
    This ^ and your FIL being a TT member for so long "should" get you a new set of manifolds.
    If you don't get any service from S&W, I'd POLITELY ck with MC directly and or Indmar.
    I had good luck witha defective part by approaching MC/Indmar directy. They are not in the business of gving away parts, but in my experience they are in the business of maintaining their reputation for producing a quality product.
    Otherwise, I'd go with CantRepeat's suggestion (are the manifolds cast iron or Al?) drill out the leaks and put a short brass or stainless screw in the holes. Should be a permanent fix, cheap too.
    I agree with your statement of MC standing behind one of their longest TT members and helping him get a new set of manifolds. We do have a few phone calls into MC to see if we cant get a solution that way. For now so we can stay on the water we chose the JB weld route and we shall see if that work. S&W probably isnt going to help...direct to MC is our only hope.

Leave a comment:

• Kyle's_prostar205
    replied
    Originally posted by woodrowskis View Post
    Mine are not leaking like that but I have tiny dots on a few of the plugs like I have microscopic leaks that are corroding and about to go. Mine appear to have about a 1" dia (not perfectly round) solid welded area that is filled in. There are no inserts clearly visible.
    I could be wrong but yours looks like a plug possibly was there, as it appears there is a decent size hole. Was there a plug or is it just the way picture looks?
    It looks like the hole size varies due to the amount of corrosion on the inside. The outer weld diameter is the same about 1-1 1/2" diameter. We groud off the black power coat and then cleaned up the visable outer corrosion then applied the JB weld and that has worked the best with no more leaks...yet...

Leave a comment:

• woodrowskis
    replied
    Mine are not leaking like that but I have tiny dots on a few of the plugs like I have microscopic leaks that are corroding and about to go. Mine appear to have about a 1" dia (not perfectly round) solid welded area that is filled in. There are no inserts clearly visible.
    I could be wrong but yours looks like a plug possibly was there, as it appears there is a decent size hole. Was there a plug or is it just the way picture looks?

Leave a comment:

• Thrall
    replied
    Originally posted by WakePowell View Post
    My 2009 6.0 is on its third set of manifolds. There was several recalls on them.
    This ^ and your FIL being a TT member for so long "should" get you a new set of manifolds.
    If you don't get any service from S&W, I'd POLITELY ck with MC directly and or Indmar.
    I had good luck witha defective part by approaching MC/Indmar directy. They are not in the business of gving away parts, but in my experience they are in the business of maintaining their reputation for producing a quality product.
    Otherwise, I'd go with CantRepeat's suggestion (are the manifolds cast iron or Al?) drill out the leaks and put a short brass or stainless screw in the holes. Should be a permanent fix, cheap too.

Leave a comment:

• WakePowell
    replied
    My 2009 6.0 is on its third set of manifolds. There was several recalls on them.

Leave a comment:

• rhsprostar
    replied
    I had the same issue. A buddy of mine owns a garage and just removed and then welded in new plugs he fabed up.
    Now I did hear recently that Indmar knows of the issue and if you push them they will send you a new manifold no charge....Not 100% on that though....
    Last edited by rhsprostar; 07-26-2011, 11:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• macattack
    replied
    Here's a thread that explains the "leaking" plugs...mac

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...=casting+plugs

Leave a comment:

• agarabaghi
    replied
    wont that cause a reaction and eventually corrosion? brass on alum?

Either way you'd probably get more than 4 yrs out of the brass plug haha

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyle's_prostar205 View Post
    Yes that is water coming out. Yes they are powdercoated black. It is a LY6 6.0L Indmar Motor, 2007
    Is it just one side?

Looks like the best fix is to pull the manifold, grind off the powder coat, spool gun some aluminum in there and either put them back on or get it repowder coated. I'd probably just polish up the weld.

You might also be able to drill and tap the holes and add a brass screw in plug.

Leave a comment:

• Kyle's_prostar205
    replied
    Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
    There's water coming out from two of the plugs? Is the manifold powder coated?
    Yes that is water coming out. Yes they are powdercoated black. It is a LY6 6.0L Indmar Motor, 2007

Leave a comment:

• Kyle's_prostar205
    replied
    The boat is my father inlaws who was a TT memeber since 1969 and decided to retre with his 2007 boat. He takes VERY good care of all his boats and this one is wiped clean every time it hits the water and then returned to the lift. The boat has under 500 hours too. It looks like they are welded shut and about 1/8 thick at most.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X