Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-25 with 550 hp Engine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • X-25 with 550 hp Engine

    Hey all in casually shopping for a boat and deciding on which model came across a unique deal. A fully-loaded with every option 2011 X-25 with the 550-hp Cadillac Engine. This boat is supposedly one of only 5 made and is a 16k engine upgrade option in Canada. The boat has 10 hours and can be mine for just under 100k. So, I realize it's a great deal, but is that engine overkill? I guess it's supercharged? I really wasn't planning on spending that much and was angling towards an X-15.

    Comments?

  • #2
    Impossible to have an OverKill when it comes to HP!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      We have that engine in our 55, you will love it...

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah so looking for feedback on this engine. How are the stock wakes on the 25?

        Comment


        • #5
          The X25 has the best stock wake of any current Mastercraft. Add extra weight and it's downright scary.

          It's a bit more vertical than an XStar and X15 so if you're looking for the super long transitions you may be disappointed. Grab your board and get a demo. No way you should be buying a boat without a test ride because only you know what you like.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks, I'll definitely be behind that boat before I drop 100k. How is the stock surf wake?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ShawnB View Post
              The X25 has the best stock wake of any current Mastercraft. Add extra weight and it's downright scary.

              It's a bit more vertical than an XStar and X15 so if you're looking for the super long transitions you may be disappointed. Grab your board and get a demo. No way you should be buying a boat without a test ride because only you know what you like.
              I LOVE the 25 but this is the best peice of boat buying advice you can get.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nick911 View Post
                Yeah so looking for feedback on this engine. How are the stock wakes on the 25?
                I can only give you feeback on the LSA engine. At first we had some overheating issues. Simple fix with a new supercharger pump on it, runs like a champ now. Engine temps stay at 155 to 168. Just driving the lake at normal speeds, right around 155, surf mode, 158-164, when you stop to pick up a surfer, they jump up a little to 168, then right back down once you get going. Again, no issues with the engine now. Unreal power, at any RPM band. You can dial in any speed while surfing very quickly. I swear this LSA gets better fuel economy than our old 6.2 liter. No replacement for displacement!

                I have heard from others that the 25 puts out a great wake....

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am new to the game, which engine is the LSA? Another thing, what is meant by "KGB?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nick911 View Post
                    I am new to the game, which engine is the LSA? Another thing, what is meant by "KGB?"
                    LSA=550 Caddy engine...
                    KGB is Keel Gravity Ballast, or front ballast tank in the bow.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So this the same s/c Northstar V8 in the Cadillac V's?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nick911 View Post
                        Thanks, I'll definitely be behind that boat before I drop 100k. How is the stock surf wake?
                        I'm still playing with my surf wake and I'm sure it has the potential to be better than it is (read: world class). You are definitely going to want to add more weight than the stock ballast for surfing though.

                        That said, I was able to surf behind it without the rope with absolutely no weight added.

                        My advice: Skip the plug-and-play ballast if you can. It's very expensive and cripples the rider settings and ballast timers. Take the same money and build your own system with dedicated pumps.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The only down side compared to the X-15 is if you like to ski. Great wakeboard boat, lousy ski boat (by inboard standards)
                          2008 X star, 2005 X2

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Smokin Fastball View Post
                            So this the same s/c Northstar V8 in the Cadillac V's?
                            No, the LSA is in the Cadillac CTS-V as in the most powerful sedan ever built.... I believe the Northstar has 220 horsepower less than the LSA engine.

                            LSA is the basically the most powerful engine in a tow boat....period!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Smokin Fastball View Post
                              So this the same s/c Northstar V8 in the Cadillac V's?
                              LSA is not based on the Northstar tech. It is the 6.2L engine from the base vette with a supercharger added to it in simple terms.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X