X-25 with 550 hp Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIskier View Post
    LSA is not based on the Northstar tech. It is the 6.2L engine from the base vette with a supercharger added to it in simple terms.
    Woof! She is a screamer!!! Love listening to her move down the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnB View Post
      I'm still playing with my surf wake and I'm sure it has the potential to be better than it is (read: world class). You are definitely going to want to add more weight than the stock ballast for surfing though.

That said, I was able to surf behind it without the rope with absolutely no weight added.

My advice: Skip the plug-and-play ballast if you can. It's very expensive and cripples the rider settings and ballast timers. Take the same money and build your own system with dedicated pumps.
      The boat does have the plug and play, but I'll plumb some sacs right in if I buy it. Hopefully this doesnt screw the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie05 View Post
        No, the LSA is in the Cadillac CTS-V as in the most powerful sedan ever built.... I believe the Northstar has 220 horsepower less than the LSA engine.

LSA is the basically the most powerful engine in a tow boat....period!
        So, essentially, this 25 would be 4500 pounds of steel and sex appeal?

I have a buddy who swears by wakesetters and another who thinks it's common knowledge that Tige is the best. Can't wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie05 View Post
          No, the LSA is in the Cadillac CTS-V as in the most powerful sedan ever built.... I believe the Northstar has 220 horsepower less than the LSA engine.

LSA is the basically the most powerful engine in a tow boat....period!

Originally posted by MIskier View Post
          LSA is not based on the Northstar tech. It is the 6.2L engine from the base vette with a supercharger added to it in simple terms.
          Ahh..based on the LS9 from the ZR1 basically. We need a quick video clip of one these bad boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick911 View Post
            The boat does have the plug and play, but I'll plumb some sacs right in if I buy it. Hopefully this doesnt screw the settings.
            It will not. Everything ahold work as advertised.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4
              Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

Wow - LSA in a X25 would be awesome. I wish I could afford to order one up that way.

I have been looking at upgrading my old BU 21' VLX for a better surf wake, larger wakeboard wake, more interior room, and a better ride for those 2 times a year where Lake Powell makes the boat seem pretty small.

I have been trying to do some research on the X25 verses a used X45 with a 8.1 as I live at over 5000' elevation and hate how underpowered boats perform with extra ballast. Any additional input from direct experience on these two boats is appreciated.

Comment

milehigh guy, the supercharged engine should be better, in regards to performance, at altitudes if not just change the pulley to spin the supercharger faster
                  1981 MasterCraft
                  19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
                  Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

Comment

Working...
                  X