X-15's Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindbender you are close, some thoughts

I could not imagine surfing without at least 1 ballast bag. I don't know anyone that surfs without some ballast bags. Buy at least one 600-750lb bag and put it in the back rear of the side you surf. You will not believe the difference

This will list the boat just slightly which will raise your mission on the other side up some. Weight = push in the back corner.

Speed will then work out to around 10.6-11.4

As far as the mission, I mount mine just like JP-OH on back rear corner, down low, and tab forward, right underneath the tank overflow.

Having the tab forward protects the suction cup handles from water getting underneath them and mine never pops off.

Hope that helps

Comment

• Mindbender

Be best to go ahead and just buy 2 bags, you will not regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coloradodude View Post
        Mindbender you are close, some thoughts

I could not imagine surfing without at least 1 ballast bag. I don't know anyone that surfs without some ballast bags. Buy at least one 600-750lb bag and put it in the back rear of the side you surf. You will not believe the difference

This will list the boat just slightly which will raise your mission on the other side up some. Weight = push in the back corner.

Speed will then work out to around 10.6-11.4

As far as the mission, I mount mine just like JP-OH on back rear corner, down low, and tab forward, right underneath the tank overflow.

Having the tab forward protects the suction cup handles from water getting underneath them and mine never pops off.

Hope that helps

Yes I’m looking at the add on (piggyback) ballast that wave makers make specific to the x15, I’m actually really surprised tho that I have been able to surf behind this thing without a rope. The sweet spot is small but I did it with only 3 people tonight. I do have to say that I believe this boat puts up a better starboard wake than a port wake

https://www.wakemakers.com/mastercra...st-system.html

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qKoUmXvtk6VqRhCL7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jj4smith View Post
          Had the best surf wave ever on our x15 last night. 2800 pounds ballast and 6 adults.

That’s pretty cool, you look pretty far back from the platform [emoji106]

Comment

• For my 2012 I got a 600 lb bag for each rear locker, and wired in a pump for each of them, and got this stuff from Wakemakers. Their kit is complete and has nice dash switches to run the new pumps. I have 400 lbs under each front seat, stock ballast is full, 600 in rear surf side, 400 in rear off side, and a 750 on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by jj4smith View Post
              Had the best surf wave ever on our x15 last night. 2800 pounds ballast and 6 adults.

Holy crap! You gave me a new goal! Went today with similar weight and a Mission Delta. It was good, but not that far out. However, it was pretty choppy on the lake. Will dial in more on Monday and take some pics...

Comment

• our old x15 we bought new in 2007, put 1700 hours on it only ever replaced fuel pumps, still in the family with 1800 hours now, if a boat could tell stories...
                Attached Files
                2019 Xstar

Comment

• Originally posted by 06MCX15 View Post
                  Holy crap! You gave me a new goal! Went today with similar weight and a Mission Delta. It was good, but not that far out. However, it was pretty choppy on the lake. Will dial in more on Monday and take some pics...

nice this is my summer goal for our 2010 x15
                  2010 X-15
                  SOLD 1994 205
                  2011 Pathfinder
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
                  1 kid in college

Comment

• Newby, could use some input

We sold an older Rinker recently and purchased a 2008 X15 with 280hrs. It runs like a champ and is loaded, but has some parts that need to be repaired. Looking to replace the teak platform with a fiberglass one with seadek but not sure where to start. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I also have no idea if this is the appropriate approach to get advice on it.

Thanks in advance. Go Green

Comment

• Originally posted by jothum View Post
                      We sold an older Rinker recently and purchased a 2008 X15 with 280hrs. It runs like a champ and is loaded, but has some parts that need to be repaired. Looking to replace the teak platform with a fiberglass one with seadek but not sure where to start. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I also have no idea if this is the appropriate approach to get advice on it.

Thanks in advance. Go Green

Is your teak in good condition? I’ll trade
                      should fit my 2009 x15?

Comment

• My 2007 with 416 hour this past weekend. I need help dialing in the surf wake.

I have a nauticurl and run 900 or so of the 1100 pound bag in the starboard side more than half in the other 1100 port side
                        And full on my KGB with two 580 lb bags in the nose under the front seat and 100 pounds of lead in the nose...
                        11.2 speed is what gives the best push but I think I’m missing something

Comment

• I have a 2006 X15. I have a 900 lb Sumo Sac piggy backed in the rear lockers and have the U-shaped bow bag piggy backed to the front. I only surf port side. I run the KGB and bow bag full until it starts pumping out the side. I fill the port side hard tank and 900 lb bag as full as I can get it. I'm guessing that the bag gets to at least 700 lbs. Nothing in the starboard rear locker. I don't use a wake shaper. I feel like that I have a pretty good wave but I've never surfed another boat so I don't have any comparison.

I have tried two different wake shapers. One that I made and the BOB version. They lengthened the wave by a couple of feet but I lost 25% of my push. That was too much push to lose for only 2 feet of extra wave.
                          We defy the mafia!

Comment

• have you tried filling both rear lockers while using the wake shaper?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay_Deep View Post
                              have you tried filling both rear lockers while using the wake shaper?
                              Yep, I tried filling both lockers evenly at different weights. I also tried more on the port side at different levels. Just couldn't get anything to work better than no suck gate at all.
                              We defy the mafia!

Comment

• Which wake-shaper are people using for the 15's / I have the Wicked Wakesurf - which connects to my swimdeck, and has been great. However - looking for something so I can surf the Starboard side. I know with the hull line, some shapers don't work - but curious what people are using.

current:
                                2006 Mastercraft X15

past:
                                2006 Mastercraft X-1
                                1986 Mastercraft Skier 19
                                1978 Ski Tique
                                1987 Mastercraft ProStar

Comment

Working...
                                X