Water in driver foot well (X10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in driver foot well (X10)

This season I had a little water start tricking from behind the kick panel in front of the drivers seat. It felt warm so I closed the heater circuit valve near the riser on the starboard side of the engine (LTR)

I still have water coming from behind the panel and it is no longer warm. How could water still circulate into the heater core with the valve being closed?

Anyone else had this problem? Was it a hose, fitting, or the core itself?

Thanks for any input!

If you only have a valve on one end. then that is where the water is coming from. it could be back pressureing in. you need a valve on both ends.
    "Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless when facing them."

1999 X-star, 330 LTR, Zero FLex tower.

Comment

When I had a leak there, it was a split heater core.

I pulled both hoses and barbed them together while I got the core replaced

Originally posted by Brian B View Post
      This season I had a little water start tricking from behind the kick panel in front of the drivers seat. It felt warm so I closed the heater circuit valve near the riser on the starboard side of the engine (LTR)

I still have water coming from behind the panel and it is no longer warm. How could water still circulate into the heater core with the valve being closed?

Anyone else had this problem? Was it a hose, fitting, or the core itself?

Thanks for any input!

Comment

Thanks. Where did you find a new core?

Comment

I think you can get them at NAPA auto parts.
          Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Wow. That would be nice!

Comment

The return line for the heater is typically tee'd into the raw water pickup line, so you're probably getting water straight from t he lake back flowing into the heater.
              '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Yes - I wound up taking the old one to Advance Auto here and the counter guy found the closest match. The best fit I found had the hoses slightly off center - had to cut up the case a bit, but only minor surgery.

Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
                I think you can get them at NAPA auto parts.

Comment

I got mine from Napa also when Mine was bad.

Like stated above take it out of the heater box and carry it with you. they have a huge selection listed on there computer.
                  "Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless when facing them."

1999 X-star, 330 LTR, Zero FLex tower.

Comment

Working...
                  X