X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnWilly View Post
    Surfing regular side.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Only chiming in because I haven’t heard it mentioned yet. Your weight is sufficient. But be sure you’re using a suction cup surf device above the step in the hull. Even though it seems like below the step is the logical place since there’s room and it is completely below the waterline, it greatly reduces the delayed convergence and therefore loses push. When place above the step, it will be slightly above the waterline when you’re sitting still, but when you’re underway it will be completely submerged at just the right height.

Comment

• Thanks dvsone79, this is the first time I have heard this idea. I will definitely give it a try on Thursday morning when we're back out again.

Comment

• 100% on what DVSONE says. We have tested just about every location, singles, doubles, staggered, stacked, etc. and above the step about 18" from the back have been our best result.

Comment

• this will likely bring up an overage of discussion (similar to Chevy/Ford/Ram preference) ... what make/model add-on shaper are most of ya'll using? cost?

Most of the time it's just the wife and I, she still loves slalom skiing even at 63 years old. but my adult son & his friends surf, adult daughter & friends wakeboard ... one of the reasons we haven't upgraded to newer or larger boat is the 205V does all the above well, not the greatest but few other boats are so versatile with everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnWilly View Post
            Ha, that's a great video!

Our wave is quite a bit taller but not as clean or as long. I will see if I can get my hands on another bag. Unfortunately I really like having it all hidden away for the kids and dog to move around.

Cant get a decent wave out of the 205v without a bag on the floor too. My rider was 15ft behind the boat so that is why the wave does not look tall. 5ft behind the boat the wave is huge and steep

Comment

• Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
              this will likely bring up an overage of discussion (similar to Chevy/Ford/Ram preference) ... what make/model add-on shaper are most of ya'll using? cost?

Most of the time it's just the wife and I, she still loves slalom skiing even at 63 years old. but my adult son & his friends surf, adult daughter & friends wakeboard ... one of the reasons we haven't upgraded to newer or larger boat is the 205V does all the above well, not the greatest but few other boats are so versatile with everything.
              NautiCurl was developed using the 205v, wave looks good
              Mission delta is another I'd highly recommend

your son and friends need to be more like daughter and friends

Comment

• Inventor of the nauticurl is on here. It’s what I have. Works great.

Comment

• I built a new version today and will be heading out tomorrow morning to test. I will report back later tomorrow.

Comment

• Well, we finally nailed it. Went out for a sunrise surf this morning and the wave had a ton of push and was huge. A good 8' or 10' of surface area. I have tried to attach some pics of the latest ghetto gate.

Comment

• A pic of the setup at work. Thanks to everyone for the help getting it dialed in.

Comment

• where did you get those suction cups on the homemade one? Do you put some kind of tether just in case the suction cups let go?

Comment

• I got the suction cup and cutting board from Amazon. Just search for glazing suction cup handle and it should pop up. About $30 in materials and less than an hour in the shop.

Comment

• And yes, I put a bungee type docking line on it to tether because it doesnt float.

The biggest difference I think was putting it above the step on the hull.

Comment

• You might want go consider tying a float to it instead of bungee cording it to your boat. My buddy had his come off and hit his boat. Just put a float of some sort so if it comes loose, it's free to pop away from the boat.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I agree with you bcd. I was actually thinking I would take some rigid insulation and fill the void between the two triangular pieces to help with flotation. I haven't had one pop off in the past three years but better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X