The 205v (and original X-star, X-2, X-1) derivatives THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post
    You could take a hacksaw blade only and saw but not into the metal threads. A fine blade screwdriver could easily collapse it in from there. Pull out with needle nose pliers.

^^ That’s what I did a few years ago^^
    Then used a tap to clean up the threads
    3/4 NPT if I recall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I ordered some nipple removal tools from Princess Auto and will hopefully give them a try this week. I was thinking about a heat gun and screw driver if that doesn't work and then the propane torch as a last resort.

Comment

• Booked my 03 X Series a spot at Viper today for some new upholstery and placed my order for new Faria gauges. This is going to be an expensive winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
          Booked my 03 X Series a spot at Viper today for some new upholstery and placed my order for new Faria gauges. This is going to be an expensive winter.
          Are you planning to remove your own interior or just drop off the boat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
            Are you planning to remove your own interior or just drop off the boat?
            We are changing up the design, so I will taking the whole boat down per Viper's request. Per Kim, there would not be price difference for them to dis- and re-assemble.

Comment

• So jealous of you guys having dreams come true at Viper this winter. Cant wait to see the pics.

Comment

• I did an interior upgrade 2 years ago. Makes it feel like a whole new boat

Comment

• Originally posted by AKralk83 View Post
                  I did an interior upgrade 2 years ago. Makes it feel like a whole new boat

Looks so good.

What was the stuff you put on the floor after you removed the carpet?

Comment

Looks so good.

What was the stuff you put on the floor after you removed the carpet?

I glued down plain tan vinyl pontoon flooring
                    I also suggest doing a swivel mod to your drivers seat, I did that also

Comment

• Originally posted by AKralk83 View Post
                      I glued down plain tan vinyl pontoon flooring
                      I also suggest doing a swivel mod to your drivers seat, I did that also

Love that idea. Is the swivel mod on your original rebuild thread?

Comment

Love that idea. Is the swivel mod on your original rebuild thread?

I think it has its own thread. I had to offset everything to make it work, but I’m really glad I did it.

Comment

• Hey gang, any insight or advice on this thread?
                          https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=109071

I'm really struggling with what to do and am hopeful someone here has been down this path before.

What do I do with the derelict tweeter holes?
                          ¡Viva 205V!
                          2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• I actually just disconnected the old tweeters and left them in place. I put white speakers in so they match pretty closely. If the new speakers are a different colour you could always paint the old tweeters.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnWilly View Post
                              I actually just disconnected the old tweeters and left them in place. I put white speakers in so they match pretty closely. If the new speakers are a different colour you could always paint the old tweeters.
                              Yeah, I know quite a few folks on here have done that, but I don't think I'd be happy with that given all the work we're putting into boat. I've tried searching extensively and am considering some possible lighting options to cover the small holes, but posts on that too are fairly few and far between. Anybody cover up those holes with LED light pucks or pods?
                              ¡Viva 205V!
                              2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• Did the same thing JohnWilly did. Its not the most elegant solution, but it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X