Alberta flooding -- any MasterCrafts lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wheelerd
    MC Devotee
    • Dec 2007

Alberta flooding -- any MasterCrafts lost?

I was watching the news tonight about the cleanup from the massive flooding in Calgary and surrounding areas. I thought I saw an MC pushed up into some trees. Just wondering if any Albertan on TeamTalk has had their boat damaged or knows of anyone who has?
    2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
    (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190
  • rtw_travel
    TT Enthusiast
    • Sep 2012

We're in the middle of it and flooded the basement of our house that is under construction. Luckily we had only finished drywall, so there were no doors or trim or cabinets or carpets or furniture.

Everyone on our street was flooded. Starting about 5 houses away, the road drops enough that people started losing basements and main floors. It is so sad to see the street, with the contents of everyone's lives piled on their front yards waiting to be taken to the dump.

I have not seen any boats flooded. However the number of people who left cars on the road is staggering. It would have taken them 5 minutes to move them to higher ground, and we had 8-10 hours notice of the severity of the flood.

The thing I will always remember about the Calgary 2013 flood is the generosity of people. All neighbours have been sharing pumps, generators and tools to get the job done. The number of volunteers has been staggering. We've had friends drive two hours and show up at the door to help on the first day the roads were open back to the neighbourhood. High school kids have appeared at the door and say "what can we do?" Yesterday we had 15 Mormon kids, many from the US on their mission, drop in and spend 5 hours carrying soggy drywall and buckets of mud out of the basement. At lunch we go outside, and Little Caesars drops pizzas off... Pizza hut was close behind. Doughnuts, ice cream, muffins, fruit, water, pop, coffee...there is a constant stream of volunteers carrying free stuff down the street.

I'll post a few pics... One at a time ' cause I'm on my ipad.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rtw_travel; 06-27-2013, 08:37 AM.
    2014 X-14V
    2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• rtw_travel
      TT Enthusiast
      • Sep 2012

This is the neighbour's back yard. He was having some excavation done. You can see the excavator with water half way up the cab. A service guy has been working on it for two days but it won't start. They may have to crane it out over top of the house because nothing big enough can squeeze between the houses to pull it out.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rtw_travel; 07-31-2013, 08:41 AM. Reason: Rotated picture
      2014 X-14V
      2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• rtw_travel
        TT Enthusiast
        • Sep 2012

This is the other neighbours car parked on the street in front of their house. 2002 745i, 20k km. ( about 12k miles)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rtw_travel; 07-31-2013, 08:42 AM. Reason: Rotated picture
        2014 X-14V
        2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• rtw_travel
          TT Enthusiast
          • Sep 2012

Neighbour across the street. He was only half done the removal at this point
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rtw_travel; 07-31-2013, 08:44 AM. Reason: Rotated picture
          2014 X-14V
          2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• rtw_travel
            TT Enthusiast
            • Sep 2012

I should really post this in the glassy water thread. This is a park , and there's grass under there.
            Attached Files
            2014 X-14V
            2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

• 76S&S
              MC Devotee
              • Jun 2007

So sad to see something like this. I'm glad to read that there is such an outpouring of support. Use all of the support you can while they are there. Typically there is a rush of support right after the tragedy and it fades off well before all of the work is done.

Good luck and God Bless.
              Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
              Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

• scott023
                MC Master Poster
                • Sep 2008

Brutal to see all of these pics.

Comment

• aquaman
                  MC Devotee
                  • Jun 2010

Floods are a bummer.

Seems the rain is not getting spread around......we could use some of that wet stuff in Texas.

Maybe run a pipeline from Canada to Texas.....for the run-off ? + a little oil

Comment

• mikeg205
                    MC Master Poster
                    • Aug 2011

plus 1 on the brutal pictures. We have flooding here in the northern part of the state again!

best wishes on the clean up -
                    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• Indyxc
                      TT Enthusiast
                      • Mar 2013

Man, wow that is crazy.

Good luck with the clean up and getting back up and running. The weather has definitely been weird the last 3 years!

Comment

• bjames
                        MC Devotee
                        • Jul 2011

I was wondering the same think when I too saw that MC on the news. It looked like an older 06-07 model. I think that video was taken in High River.
                        Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
                        2012 X25
                        2011 X25
                        2009 Moomba LSV
                        2009 Moomba Outback V
                        2008 Monterey FS180
                        Pelican 4 set paddle boat
                        plastic tug boat when I was 4

Comment

• willg
                          TT Enthusiast
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by rtw_travel View Post
                          I should really post this in the glassy water thread. This is a park , and there's grass under there.
                          Any way you can get your boat in there????

Comment

• Seano
                            TT Regular
                            • Jun 2009

Sorry to hear your losses, let me know if I can help.

Comment

• rtw_travel
                              TT Enthusiast
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Seano View Post
                              Sorry to hear your losses, let me know if I can help.
                              Thanks. We're worn out, but actually doing very well thanks to the many volunteers. We have a small bit of insulation to remove behind the wall in the mechanical room, and clean the mud off the gas fireplace and see if that still works. Then it's final cleanup, disinfect and start drying.

Oh... After three days, they got the excavator next door working! It's been driven out of the yard and taken away. ... And while I've had no time to go skiing, I do smile every time I drive by that 'lake'. The water had drained quite a bit- it's more like a pond now. With a week of sunshine in the forecast, it'll be a puddle in no time
                              Last edited by rtw_travel; 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM.
                              2014 X-14V
                              2012 X-14V (gone)

Comment

Working...
                              X