Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Surfing" my tristar/ go pro video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Surfing" my tristar/ go pro video

    Here's a vid using a go pro. My cousin put it together. Absolutely terrible surfing, and jeeze, I need some ballast in this damn boat.

    http://youtu.be/1fd37hZ-wZA

  • #2
    Great vid, I just picked up a gp hero3 hopefully get to try it out this weekend.
    What speed? Might trying slowing down abit try 10 mph.
    /spĂ´rk/
    a spoon-shaped eating utensil with short tines at the tip

    Comment


    • #3
      That was about 11. I'm thinking about trying to find someone local to borrow a fat sack from to see if I should get some

      Comment


      • #4
        I seriously doubt ballast is going to help in that boat. Best bet is to slow way down. Boat cannot be on plane. Aren't Tristars a bit prone to taking wake wash over the stern?

        I do get a chuckle out of the dedicated surf rope though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kevkan View Post
          I seriously doubt ballast is going to help in that boat. Best bet is to slow way down. Boat cannot be on plane. Aren't Tristars a bit prone to taking wake wash over the stern?

          I do get a chuckle out of the dedicated surf rope though.
          Rope came with the board. Lol.

          We've surfed successfully with 3 large people sitting on the rear corner at about 9mph. If you drive the boat properly, it doesn't take on water. I was thinking 700lbs would do us good with 3 in the boat. If you can surf a prostar, shouldn't you be able to surf a tristar?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gteeiguy View Post
            Rope came with the board. Lol.

            We've surfed successfully with 3 large people sitting on the rear corner at about 9mph. If you drive the boat properly, it doesn't take on water. I was thinking 700lbs would do us good with 3 in the boat. If you can surf a prostar, shouldn't you be able to surf a tristar?
            Yes, but you need to slow way down. And stay on one side toes in towards the wave. . Just when you start learning.

            Unless you were just goofing off. And I am not trying to be rude at all, that video was the furthest thing I have ever seen from wakesurfing. Amusing yes, but not even close.

            When you launch, do it slow, real slow. Bring it to about 2200 rpm and hold it, put at least 500# in the corner and everyone you can in the corner too. Your engine will act as ballast for the middle of the boat and you will be surprised at the wave I think.

            Good luck man

            Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
            sigpic
            When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
            1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Traxx822 View Post

              Unless you were just goofing off. And I am not trying to be rude at all, that video was the furthest thing I have ever seen from wakesurfing. Amusing yes, but not even close.

              Good luck man

              Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
              Agreed. Again, not to be a jerk, that's not my intention, but you ain't surfing till you drop the rope. Until then, you're... I dunno... Skurfing

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Traxx822 View Post
                Yes, but you need to slow way down. And stay on one side toes in towards the wave. . Just when you start learning.

                Unless you were just goofing off. And I am not trying to be rude at all, that video was the furthest thing I have ever seen from wakesurfing. Amusing yes, but not even close.

                When you launch, do it slow, real slow. Bring it to about 2200 rpm and hold it, put at least 500# in the corner and everyone you can in the corner too. Your engine will act as ballast for the middle of the boat and you will be surprised at the wave I think.

                Good luck man

                Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
                Oh yeah, I agree. I'd never have put that together, we were screwing off. 2 guys in the boat, no ballast, in a TriStar, what did you think I expected.....I just thought my boat looked nice. hopefully I can get my cousin to post up a successful vid of us surfing the TriStar so I can give the naysayers something to think about.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Gteeiguy View Post
                  Oh yeah, I agree. I'd never have put that together, we were screwing off. 2 guys in the boat, no ballast, in a TriStar, what did you think I expected.....I just thought my boat looked nice. hopefully I can get my cousin to post up a successful vid of us surfing the TriStar so I can give the naysayers something to think about.
                  Dont get offended you are the one who posted the video. Also looks way faster than 11 maybe check your speedos. They should barely even move at wake surf speed.
                  2010 X-15
                  SOLD 1994 205
                  2011 Pathfinder
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
                  1 kid in college

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Where are you at? I've got two 550 sacks and a tsunami pump I'm thinking about unloading. Only used the sacks once, very clean...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Chriscraftmatt I have a friend at our river that is looking for some more sacks for his 23LSV. PM me details and what you want for it and I'll pass it along. We're in Ohio, he is in Cincinnati.
                      2008 Prostar 197

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sp00ky View Post
                        Dont get offended you are the one who posted the video. Also looks way faster than 11 maybe check your speedos. They should barely even move at wake surf speed.
                        Not offended. The internet is no good at conveying tone. Yeah good call, I def need to check/work on/replace speedos. One doesn't work and the other takes a while to kick in.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by chriscraftmatt1976 View Post
                          Where are you at? I've got two 550 sacks and a tsunami pump I'm thinking about unloading. Only used the sacks once, very clean...
                          I'm in madison wi. Interested!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gteeiguy View Post
                            Not offended. The internet is no good at conveying tone. Yeah good call, I def need to check/work on/replace speedos. One doesn't work and the other takes a while to kick in.
                            Like I said 500#'s in whatever corner, all passengers in same corner. Your engine is heavy and will act like a huge ballast bag in the center. You need as much weight as possible in the corner. Then when you start, go slow. Slowly accelerate to 2200 rpms. Watch the wave. Make very very slight adjustments. Very very very slight adjustments. Then surf your *** off.

                            I have actually seen 205 dd boats throw a surprisingly surfable wave. So get to it.

                            Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
                            sigpic
                            When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
                            1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gteeiguy View Post
                              I'm in madison wi. Interested!
                              My brother madcityskier is in cottage grove right by you. He was just here visiting too, Dammit. I guess I could ship um to you???

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X