Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chunter
    replied
    that can be a problem, i will be on the lake in late may mainly for the adventure of seeing what has not been seen for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• GoneBoatN
    replied
    Originally posted by chunter View Post
    took this monday at lake oroville, that is the 70 bridge in the distance. even this low there is still a ton of water to use.
    The challenge with the low water levels tends to be the unmarked underwater hazards.

Leave a comment:

• chunter
    replied
    took this monday at lake oroville, that is the 70 bridge in the distance. even this low there is still a ton of water to use.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JMLVMI
    replied
    Took this flying to Vegas...not sure what lake.

Leave a comment:

• GoneBoatN
    replied
    I spoke with someone who boats Folsom while at the cable park near Sac. He said Folsom is about 30 foot over the level where they then restrict boating via speed limit. According to CA Dept of Water CDEC site, Folsom is at 420.58 (Dam Elevation 466).

Shasta is at 979.55 (Dam elevation 1067). To put some perspective on this, when I was there at the end of July last year the level was 980.91(and falling fast). At the time they were going to have to start moving the Antlers Resort and Marina (also houseboat rental) down to Sugarloaf because the water level would no longer accommodate the houseboats.

You can see water levels at:
    Shasta: http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/q...?s=SHA&d=today
    Folsom: http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/q...?s=FOL&d=today

Leave a comment:

• JMann
    replied
    Anyone have any updated pictures of Folsom or Shasta after we have gotten a little rain? I have a friend that says shasta is filling up but would like to see what it looks like.

Leave a comment:

• scott023
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrall View Post
    Conoco was actually approached about it, but oil companies don't really want any publicity other than signs on gas stations.
    I've become buddies with the VP of Carlile trucking (Ice Road Truckers) in AK and he said when they were on the show they had to sign agreements not to film any CP or BP loads on the Haul Road.
    Would be interesting though. We have many heavy haul loads on 80 to 100ton trailers with triple tractors. 1 pulling, 2 pushing!
    Here on the slope, they/we haul crawler cranes fully assembled. Drive a 300T crawler onto what is essentially 2 low boy trailers welded together and drive it, fully loaded with counterweight, boom up, across the oilfield!
    Make you think you're hallucinating the first time you see a lattice boom crawler doin 30 mph down the road!
    Like I said, I good Discovery show. Pretty sure I'd watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
    i don't have an expensive wake boat either! where do you guys ski normally? that cove off 820 where they used to do the old wakeboard tour?
    That's the place. It has a jump ramp out in the water now.

Leave a comment:

• Traxx822
    replied
    This thread is insane. Arics photo looks like a scene from an end of the world movie.

Boats still on the racks. HA!!

I bet you would come ride our filthy Chicago water now won't you !!!

Leave a comment:

• Thrall
    replied
    Originally posted by scott023 View Post
    Sounds like something they'd have a show on Discovery for. Very interesting.
    Conoco was actually approached about it, but oil companies don't really want any publicity other than signs on gas stations.
    I've become buddies with the VP of Carlile trucking (Ice Road Truckers) in AK and he said when they were on the show they had to sign agreements not to film any CP or BP loads on the Haul Road.
    Would be interesting though. We have many heavy haul loads on 80 to 100ton trailers with triple tractors. 1 pulling, 2 pushing!
    Here on the slope, they/we haul crawler cranes fully assembled. Drive a 300T crawler onto what is essentially 2 low boy trailers welded together and drive it, fully loaded with counterweight, boom up, across the oilfield!
    Make you think you're hallucinating the first time you see a lattice boom crawler doin 30 mph down the road!

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    Looks like you may wanna come join metroplex and ski at our club.

We never run out of water. (Spring fed) and pretty nice wind protection. Now the downfall is that I don't have a brand new expensive wake boat, but it's a good place to get wet vs staying on a weed infested beach.
    i don't have an expensive wake boat either! where do you guys ski normally? that cove off 820 where they used to do the old wakeboard tour?

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
    10-12 foot deep canal!
    Looks like you may wanna come join metroplex and ski at our club.

We never run out of water. (Spring fed) and pretty nice wind protection. Now the downfall is that I don't have a brand new expensive wake boat, but it's a good place to get wet vs staying on a weed infested beach.

Leave a comment:

• scott023
    replied
    Sounds like something they'd have a show on Discovery for. Very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrall View Post
    I'm a project superintendent for PCL construction.
    Mainly heavy highway and heavy civil background, with a couple years of commercial mid rise high end resort condos.
    Civil work has ranged from water/ waste water treatment plants, pipelines, roadway/bridges/ light rail construction, moveable bridges and now I'm overseeing a bridge project up on the North Slope for Conoco Phillips as part of their expansion into the western reaches of the North Slope oilfields. Design build job in which one structure will be built by conventional means and the longer bridge will be completed by launching the superstructure from one abutment 1400 ft across the river without any water access. No cranes on barges and no ice access.
    Very interesting project but nontheless it doesn't help with days out on the boat!
    The company I work for is just completing the Moses Wheeler and Q bridges up in your neck of the woods.
    Once we get going Ill post up some pics of the job. Lotsa big cranes, drills deep foundation work in the permafrost. Composite steel girder/ precast superstructure. 600T hydraulic launch system for the big bridge.
    Well that's a bit interesting. Love to see some pictures when you get going.

Leave a comment:

• Thrall
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnE View Post
    Wow. What exactly do you do?
    I'm a project superintendent for PCL construction.
    Mainly heavy highway and heavy civil background, with a couple years of commercial mid rise high end resort condos.
    Civil work has ranged from water/ waste water treatment plants, pipelines, roadway/bridges/ light rail construction, moveable bridges and now I'm overseeing a bridge project up on the North Slope for Conoco Phillips as part of their expansion into the western reaches of the North Slope oilfields. Design build job in which one structure will be built by conventional means and the longer bridge will be completed by launching the superstructure from one abutment 1400 ft across the river without any water access. No cranes on barges and no ice access.
    Very interesting project but nontheless it doesn't help with days out on the boat!
    The company I work for is just completing the Moses Wheeler and Q bridges up in your neck of the woods.
    Once we get going Ill post up some pics of the job. Lotsa big cranes, drills deep foundation work in the permafrost. Composite steel girder/ precast superstructure. 600T hydraulic launch system for the big bridge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎