2005 X2 Tps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
    ....electronics humidity, water, grime - not good....
    Your right Mike and hopefully the electronics displaying the instruments and controlling the speed and ballast and stereo and tabs and _____ will be better supported when the time comes. MC does not manufacture these systems either.

Comment

Originally posted by bobx1 View Post
      Your right Mike and hopefully the electronics displaying the instruments and controlling the speed and ballast and stereo and tabs and _____ will be better supported when the time comes. MC does not manufacture these systems either.
      MasterCraft does not manufacture anything but the hull, stringers, and, possibly, some of the seat supports (assuming it didn't come with MC Cruise). I'll say it again, where is the support for components for a less than 10 year old boat. The guy is not saying they have to cover this part under warranty. But shouldn't there still be support for this part, no matter which marinization company MC now has a partnership with?

/Legitimate Question. My opinion. I am wrong. Please don't confuse my opinion with my opinion.
      Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
        MasterCraft does not manufacture anything but the hull, stringers, and, possibly, some of the seat supports (assuming it didn't come with MC Cruise). I'll say it again, where is the support for components for a less than 10 year old boat. The guy is not saying they have to cover this part under warranty. But shouldn't there still be support for this part, no matter which marinization company MC now has a partnership with?

/Legitimate Question. My opinion. I am wrong. Please don't confuse my opinion with my opinion.
        I have to agree with you east... I bought a carb rebuild kit for a 1973 evinrude 2HP - took about 5 minutes to find. I can still buy parts for my 1959 Evinrude 18HP.

There should be support - it can get ugly pretty quick if the number of unavailable parts increases... First a Crank Position Sensor on the LT1 and now this part..
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

MasterCraft does not manufacture anything but the hull and stringers (assuming it didn't come with MC Cruise). I'll say it again, where is the support for components for a less than 10 year old boat. The guy is not saying they have to cover this part under warranty. But shouldn't there still be support for this part, no matter which marinization company MC now has a partnership with?

I am actually agreeing with you 100% Eastie. As an integrator of components and/or manufacturer, you have a level of responsibility to the end user to provide support (not warranty) for some reasonable period of time.

Comment

I posted this on your other thread about your problem

My throttle position sensor failed last year on my 2006 mcx. I tried to get the part but was unable. I disassembled the electrical module (looks like some type of potentiometer), cleaned it very carefully, re-greased it with a vaseline type grease and it worked the remainder of the summer. I think use over the years caused the parts to wear and made the old grease very dirty and spoiled the contacts between the moving parts.

If you do find a replacement let me know as I will buy one.

Comment

This is not the part?

I know the controller indicates a morse controller - http://www.bakesonline.com/ShoppingCart.aspx
              sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                This is not the part?

I know the controller indicates a morse controller - http://www.bakesonline.com/ShoppingCart.aspx
                This link doesn't work Mike.
                CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
                sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
                REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
                REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
                Email - [email protected]

Comment

try this one http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2337

Comment

Sounds like another good selling point for the RTP. Find it hard to believe Indmar doesn't have either a retrofit or stock of this part. I mean didn't they make this engine until like 08 or 09?

Comment

Originally posted by bssteven View Post
                      I have basically been told good luck with my problem and that no MC dealer will be able to help me because the part has been discontinued.
                      I'd think a good MC dealer would go the extra mile and try to hunt down the part for you. Doesn't appear that these guys were willing to step up for you. I guess they're real busy this time of year.
                      / \

Former boats:
                      2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
                      1990 Prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by shepherd View Post
                        I'd think a good MC dealer would go the extra mile and try to hunt down the part for you. Doesn't appear that these guys were willing to step up for you. I guess they're real busy this time of year.
                        There's a lot more profit in selling new boats.

They would rather sell a new boat than sell bits and pieces to maintain an old model.

I would imagine there is a substitute part out there ?

Comment

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
                          This link doesn't work Mike.
                          I assume this is the one he was trying to link to
                          http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2337

Comment

Originally posted by aquaman View Post
                            There's a lot more profit in selling new boats.

They would rather sell a new boat than sell bits and pieces to maintain an old model.

I would imagine there is a substitute part out there ?
                            Right, I'm sure that's true. But some dealers know that good customer service creates brand loyalty which creates future new boat sales. If I had an experience like the OP, I'd probably be going to a competitor when it came time to replace a boat that my local dealer wouldn't try to help me fix.
                            / \

Former boats:
                            2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
                            1990 Prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by shepherd View Post
                              Right, I'm sure that's true. But some dealers know that good customer service creates brand loyalty which creates future new boat sales. If I had an experience like the OP, I'd probably be going to a competitor when it came time to replace a boat that my local dealer wouldn't try to help me fix.
                              I agree w/you that used to be the business model.

But w/so many other ways to sell a boat now vs trading w/the orig dealer, I wonder what percentage of an average MC dealers boat sales are to repeat customers ? vs 1st time customers ?

Dealer loyalty used to be very strong because there were few options, guess that still applies in some areas of the country ? is it loyalty or is because there is only one dealer ?

Comment

Not saying you're wrong, but if that's the response he's getting on a less than 10 year old boat, were I him, I'd be shopping around for a brand that had used the same marinization for some time once I sold my nonworking boat for parts.

I realize MC switched engine manufacturers, but if they want to keep loyal customers past about 3 years, they need to provide sufficient support for their somewhat recent power plants. I feel confident that they will. So please don't consider this a bash. Rather, consider me a voice that says he is confident MC will do the right thing.
                                When MC moved to Ilmor Indmar threw a hissy fit and pretty quickly pulled any type of direct support with MC. This is a case where I really dont believe MC can do anything due to the unique situation. Mike is 100% correct that the most expedient route is going to be to contact Indmar directly.

Comment

Working...
                                X