No announcement yet.

2005 X2 Tps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I refuse to get in line with our "throw it away society". My 96 is still running like a champ...but will I wake up someday to the only option is a ten thousand dollar re-power (or) setting her out for trash pickup.

I am hoping Indmar will step it up based on integrity and compassion to boat enthusiast more than over the crap that went down between them and MasterCraft.

The last thing I want to see is a bunch of inboard boats being sold like old perfect pass componets...but I guess the JAWA's will be happy went they pull up in their sand crawler.

Comment

Originally posted by aquaman View Post
      But w/so many other ways to sell a boat now vs trading w/the orig dealer, I wonder what percentage of an average MC dealers boat sales are to repeat customers ? vs 1st time customers ?
      Good question. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant percentage of an MC dealer's new boat sales are to prior MC owners who had prior dealings with that dealer's service or parts departments. At least for a dealer that takes care of its customers...
      / \

Former boats:
      2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
      1990 Prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
        not the same part... http://www.alliedelec.com/search/pro...x?SKU=70029116

electronics humidity, water, grime - not good -

but I would go the route of rebuilding the controller not replacing the whole thing if possible like the fuel pump 101 thread.

a couple of threads here on this.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=56678
        Ditto on trying to clean it before dropping several hundred $$ on a new one. I've never had a problem with the TPS on my MCX so I have no direct experience there. But I've have several GM vehicles and for many production years a decade or so ago the multifunction controller (mainly affecting the signal light switch) in the steering column was notorious for failing. I just took the units apart, used a Qtip and alcohol to clean out the dirty grease and copper dust, polished the contacts, relubricated with dielectric grease, and voila -- new unit!
        2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
        (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

Help Answered

Originally posted by bssteven View Post
          I have a 2005 X2 and the TPS sensor has gone out. I have contacted 2 different MC Dealers and have been told that the TPS sensor and/or the throttle control assembly MC part# 450119 are no longer available. Is there a replacement part or a retrofit design available? I have basically been told good luck with my problem and that no MC dealer will be able to help me because the part has been discontinued. This is extremely frustrating because the boat has only 500 hours and I’m being told there is no fix. Do I just abandon the boat?
          I PM'ed you and emailed you. I have the parts in stock.

Bruce
          Bruce Jesionowski - Parts & Warranty
          Store: 810.629.1342
          Action Water Sports-Fenton
          8051 Old US 23
          Fenton, MI 48430
          www.actionwater.com

BRINGING FAMILIES TOGETHER

1984 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes. Fully restored-SOLD
          1994 MasterCraft PS190 LT-1 Slot

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce-ActionWater View Post
            I PM'ed you and emailed you. I have the parts in stock.

Bruce
            This problem solved! I believe
            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

I've been saying this for YEARS!! Just wait and see how well these new boats are supported when all the electronics start going south. I am sure MC will do what they can, but what happens when a certain chip, connector, firmware version, etc. is no longer available from the manufacturer/direct supplier? It is going to be interesting.
              -Cameron
              2007 ProStar 197
              1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Have you tried cross referencing with other boats? For instance, my supra has a 5.7L Indmar in it. Wonder if the part is something they used across the board for the different boats.
                -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                  I've been saying this for YEARS!! Just wait and see how well these new boats are supported when all the electronics start going south. I am sure MC will do what they can, but what happens when a certain chip, connector, firmware version, etc. is no longer available from the manufacturer/direct supplier? It is going to be interesting.
                  It is a certainty.....electronics + water + weather......recipe for trouble.

Failed electronics will probably just need to be replaced with newer versions.

Repairing will not be practical.

Comment

[QUOTE=liledgy;101354 I think I'll keep my 85 SS.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. There's something to be said for "simple".

Comment

Originally posted by aquaman View Post
                      It is a certainty.....electronics + water + weather......recipe for trouble.

Failed electronics will probably just need to be replaced with newer versions.

Repairing will not be practical.
                      The real issue is finding the parts that will cross reference - i.e. when the electronic dash goes on the new 2014 Prostar in 2022 - will the boat even start? Was hoping to buy the 2014 then -
                      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by liledgy View Post
                        Good luck with your search! I think I'll keep my 85 SS.
                        Agreed my 94 mercruiser w/ Chevy 350 sounds awesome right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                          Great for Mastercraft-not so great for some of their customers and the secondary market. MIskier commented a while back that Mastercraft's philosophy was that the people buying these new boats would want to replace them after a few years anyway so why worry about the long term issues that all the electronics introduce.
                          2006 Maristar 200 SS

Comment

You guys have to remember that MasterCraft does not build a lot of the parts. In this case of a TPS, its a GM/Delphi part. If GM doesn't make the part any long how do you expect MC to be able to get the part. Also in this case there is an updated part it can be replaced with. At least MC found a new part to replace it with. Indmar and other companies just tell you to go "F" your self.
                            8051 Old US 23
                            Fenton, MI 48430
                            www.actionwater.com

Comment

Originally posted by bobx1 View Post
                              Your right Mike and hopefully the electronics displaying the instruments and controlling the speed and ballast and stereo and tabs and _____ will be better supported when the time comes. MC does not manufacture these systems either.
                              Right. And as not just engine management but instrumentation as well become more dependent on sophisiticated electronics, one does have to wonder about what will happen when these systems start to fail. MasterCraft IME doesn't not have a good reputation for supporting their boats out of warranty and this thread illustrates one example. Keeping a simple boat like an 85 S&S running is one thing. Finding a replacement for your BIG display that goes T.U. 5 years from now is likely to just get a big middle finger from MasterCraft. My next boat will be a different brand with a better track record.
                              '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post
                                Right. And as not just engine management but instrumentation as well become more dependent on sophisiticated electronics, one does have to wonder about what will happen when these systems start to fail. MasterCraft IME doesn't not have a good reputation for supporting their boats out of warranty and this thread illustrates one example. Keeping a simple boat like an 85 S&S running is one thing. Finding a replacement for your BIG display that goes T.U. 5 years from now is likely to just get a big middle finger from MasterCraft. My next boat will be a different brand with a better track record.
                                Not sure what dealer you work with but I don't have many issues with getting parts. As long as the vender is still making the part. We as dealers have to get parts right from the vender when MC doesn't stock them anymore. Take some homework sometimes but I rarely tell a customer that a part is no longer available.
                                8051 Old US 23
                                Fenton, MI 48430
                                www.actionwater.com

Comment

Working...
                                X