2005 X2 Tps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce-ActionWater View Post
    Not sure what dealer you work with but I don't have many issues with getting parts. As long as the vender is still making the part. We as dealers have to get parts right from the vender when MC doesn't stock them anymore. Take some homework sometimes but I rarely tell a customer that a part is no longer available.
    Attached Files
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

I am from the Aerospace business and when we install another manufacturers equipment there is a "Contractual clause" that obligates the OEM to notify the Prime Company (in this case Mastercraft) 12 months in advance of Production stop They are also contractually obligated to advise whether there is a like for like replacement or upgrade replacement o,r if no replacement, give the Prime Contractor the opportunity to make a "life time buy" before production ends.. But then again in Aerospace we are contractually bound to provide circa 25 years of support and spares availability. No such commitment from MC

Comment

Info from Indmar on this part...

Indmar P/N 397021 was never used on a MasterCraft and it will not work. The MCX used an electronic throttle control handle that was supplied by MasterCraft not by Indmar. We used a device similar to the 397021 on the MasterCraft RTP-1 models. The P/N is 397011TS. You could use it with an MCX but would have to change the throttle control to a conventional cable type control.

mike
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

For years In the automotive industry you could not go to the dealership and get parts for cars that are over 7 years old. It was recently changed to 10 years for the manufacture to supply parts for cars up to 10 years old. They are not required to stock them nor are the dealers. They just are required to supply them. This means that the car manufacturer can order it from their supplier and then ship it to the dealer so they can sell it to the consumer. Dealers are not required by law to stock any parts going back any amount of years. This is why so many aftermarket companies supply parts for older cars. However, car companies are not required to stock old parts unless they see a market for them. Its built on a business case and not on a bunch guys blabbing on a forum about what a company should do based on random opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by MA190 View Post
            For years In the automotive industry you could not go to the dealership and get parts for cars that are over 7 years old. It was recently changed to 10 years for the manufacture to supply parts for cars up to 10 years old. They are not required to stock them nor are the dealers. They just are required to supply them. This means that the car manufacturer can order it from their supplier and then ship it to the dealer so they can sell it to the consumer. Dealers are not required by law to stock any parts going back any amount of years. This is why so many aftermarket companies supply parts for older cars. However, car companies are not required to stock old parts unless they see a market for them. Its built on a business case and not on a bunch guys blabbing on a forum about what a company should do based on random opinions.
            Right... the opinion is totally unfounded and random to expect a $60k+ dollar boat to have something as simple as a TPS sensor available upon failure. Especially when it's an electronic part being used in an environment that is known for making electrical parts corrode and fail. I mean, why on earth would someone expect that from a boat not even 10 years old. Totally random.
            -Mike

Comment

First things first... I am impressed with the level of response and appreciate the the support.
              Second it looks like Bruce and Action water Sports may have saved the day.
              Third, the one on bakes is similar but not the same Teleflex unit used by MC and Indmar. My dealer has been in touch with Rambo with no results.
              Lastly, I will say thanks to Charlotte ski boats who were very helpful even tho they had no parts.
              Hopefully we will get the part from Action Watersports and I'll be in the lake very soon here in Florida. I am seriously nervous with regards to the next failure and am considering a trade in. Although my dream has always been mastercraft, my first one has left a bitter taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bssteven View Post
                First things first... I am impressed with the level of response and appreciate the the support.
                Third, the one on bakes is similar but not the same Teleflex unit used by MC and Indmar. My dealer has been in touch with Rambo with no results.
                Lastly, I will say thanks to Charlotte ski boats who were very helpful even tho they had no parts.
                Hopefully we will get the part from Action Watersports and I'll be in the lake very soon here in Florida. I am seriously nervous with regards to the next failure and am considering a trade in. Although my dream has always been mastercraft, my first one has left a bitter taste.

Sorry you are having the issue. And that is what this forum is for - any boat can have a goofy issue. - Any product over 7 - 10 years old can have issues. For example as much as I enjoy the benefits of fuel injection I wish I had a carb for the long run. I have also accumulated parts that my be hard to find later on.

If you trade - you may not trade away an issue - and don't forget boat means - break out another thousand...

Comment

Originally posted by MA190 View Post
                  bunch guys blabbing on a forum about what a company should do based on random opinions.

or put another way "Customers who spent Tens of Thousands of dollars who want their boats to work"-- Outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by bssteven View Post

Trade for what? Do you really think that MC is the only company using these components? Every boat that I've seen made over the past couple years have moved to all the electronics, displays and servo gauges.

Unfortunately I believe you'll just be trading one issue for another only next time possibly from a manufacture that doesn't have the support network like this forum or it's dealers. Consider that you posted your issue here and in a couple days you had forum members and even a dealer step up to help you. Good luck getting that support from some of the other brands.......

Comment

Is this issue confined to only the 2005 MCX? I've seen more threads on this lately, and I was looking at a 2005 197 TT with the MCX...
                      1985 19 Skier (Stars & Stripes) - “Twinkle”
                      2007 X2 - "The Sun Squirrel" - Sold
                      2000 PS195 - Sold

Comment

I didn't have time to read every post in this thread, but I can tell you this as a dealership.

1. We have this in stock.
                        2. Any dealer can clearly see this part is no longer availabe AND that there is a listed replacement. The replacement parts are 450120 and 508258, both of which are in stock at MasterCraft.
                        www.waterskis.com
                        http://www.facebook.com/waterskis

Comment

Originally posted by corey View Post
                          I didn't have time to read every post in this thread, but I can tell you this as a dealership.

2. Any dealer can clearly see this part is no longer availabe AND that there is a listed replacement. The replacement parts are 450120 and 508258, both of which are in stock at MasterCraft.
                          That pretty well puts everything into perspective.
                          CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
                          sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
                          REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
                          REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
                          Email - [email protected]

Comment

Couldn't be more simple than that.

Comment

I'd give this guy my business if it was me!
                              -Mike

Comment

instead of be'n aggravated with Mastercraft you should be aggravated with your dealer/service

Comment

Working...
                                X