Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well stated wakewise !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• Originally posted by WakeWise View Post
      .....It's SUPER important to create and build a relationship with the dealer......
      Based on Mastercraftdave's previous posts regarding his problems, I am assuming herein lies the first level of the problem.

I think he purchased from a marginal dealer out of territory and I am pretty sure I know who his servicing dealer is. If my assumptions are correct about the servicing dealer, I had to actually get permission from MC to buy a boat out of territory and agree not to ask or expect the local dealer (his servicing dealer) to fix any warranty repairs. I will leave out my buddies experiences with the servicing dealer as this was 6 years ago and maybe things have changed.

Regardless, someone from MC should at least agree to mediate the situation or at least give him a reasonable explanation as to why the delays or refusal to fix his problems. Having a $100k boat under warranty (I think from his previous posts that it is still under warranty) that does not have working ballast is tough to swallow. IMO, a "No, we won't fix your problem" answer is better than hearing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobx1 View Post

I think he purchased from a marginal dealer out of territory and I am pretty sure I know who his servicing dealer is. If my assumptions are correct about the servicing dealer, I had to actually get permission from MC to buy a boat out of territory and agree not to ask or expect the local dealer (his servicing dealer) to fix any warranty repairs. I will leave out my buddies experiences with the servicing dealer as this was 6 years ago and maybe things have changed.

Regardless, someone from MC should at least agree to mediate the situation or at least give him a reasonable explanation as to why the delays or refusal to fix his problems. Having a $100k boat under warranty (I think from his previous posts that it is still under warranty) that does not have working ballast is tough to swallow. IMO, a "No, we won't fix your problem" answer is better than hearing nothing.
        Yes you are correct. We did buy out of territory. We happen to be in an area where a boat show was occurring and saw a boat we wanted and purchased it. The servicing dealer has changed a lot for the better and have been very helpful to a point. Louisiana doesn't offer much in the way of ski boat dealers. Reguardless, dealers make a lot of money off of service for these boat and it last for many years to come so it's a win win situation if you ask me. I also buy all my wake gear and accessories from the proshop.

The boat is still under warranty as I purchased the extended warranty for the boat. Wether the they want to help or not, I purchased the boat ultimately from MC. And they should stand behind my boat and all the other boats. That's what keeps customers coming back. This is the first MC we have owned and and first brand new boat we have owned. I love my X45 but the issues with the PnP and the trailer just completely rusting is getting out of hand. At this point I don't think the issue is with the dealer. It has more a MC problem to me as there products are defective. I had a painted boat mate trailer for 8 years and it never rusted like this.

In the end all I want is some assistance in fixing the boat I purchased and paid top dollar for. Is that too much to ask for?

Comment

• And I will say thought the dealer has gone out of his way to help us and he is at a road block with MC. He has done a great job but can't get anyone in MC warranty department to authorize anything or come up with a solution which is why I have been trying to get names and numbers/emails to get in contact with someone.

Comment

• might be a long shot OR you might have already tried ... http://www.mastercraft.com/contact/general

Comment

• Thanks for the help. I have email addresses of people high up I just can't seem to get any responses.

Comment

• This was a long thread with no happy ending. Skidim now sells the whole DBW assembly made by teleflex.

https://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=108014
                Last edited by gwozhog; 02-26-2019, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                  This was a long thread with no happy ending. Skidim sells the whole DBW assembly made by teleflex.

This thread is 4.5 years old
                  Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                  Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:
                  2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                    This thread is 4.5 years old
                    Was trying to find out more info tonight about my 05 throttle and I googled the part and this thread popped up. I hate unfinished threads with know solutions and especially long ones because I know when people have problems with their boat these old threads pop up in their google searches.

Comment

• I thought there was another thread that listed the mouser part number to replace just the sensor. I also thought we had figured out this is a pedal position sensor(PPS) and not a TPS. The sensor that is connected to the throttle control at the helm.

try: Mouser Electronics,
                      682-9861R5KL2.0
                      MFG PN:9861R5KL2.0
                      5K OHM CW 6PIN
                      BEI Sensors
                      $80bucks or thereabouts.
                      https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...DojESlYA%3D%3D
                      Attached Files
                      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                        I thought there was another thread that listed the mouser part number to replace just the sensor. I also thought we had figured out this is a pedal position sensor(PPS) and not a TPS. The sensor that is connected to the throttle control at the helm.

If you look at skidims part you can see the Mouser part is built onto it just in a different location from the pic you have shown. Yes you are correct too that you can also buy the small part from mouser too. My 14 year old boat I want it all replaced and its less than half the price of what MC used to sell it for.
                        Last edited by gwozhog; 02-27-2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                          I thought there was another thread that listed the mouser part number to replace just the sensor. I also thought we had figured out this is a pedal position sensor(PPS) and not a TPS. The sensor that is connected to the throttle control at the helm.

What are your symptoms? My ‘07 mcx and had throttle surge, and this was tripping the check engine beep every time I started. This was a 30 min job to replace it and it was easy.. problem was gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                            This was a long thread with no happy ending. Skidim now sells the whole DBW assembly made by teleflex.

gwozhog did you end up buying the Skidim Teleflex DBW I'm in the market for a DBW e control box

Comment

• Are you sure the problem is not in the sensor on the Throttlebody? i found the GM equivalent throttle body and it resolved my problem. The Non-mastercraft version was under $100 and it's a 10 minute replacement. That was off my 2007 X14 with an MCX350.

Comment

Working...
                              X