2013/2014 raw water pump/impeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013/2014 raw water pump/impeller?

Just got a call from MMS who is storing my boat this winter that they have upgraded my 2013's raw water pump and impeller to the new 2014 version. Anyone know anything about this?

New Impeller Design?

I was at our local MC dealer a couple of weeks ago and they suggested that I change my 5.7 Ilmor impeller with a redesigned unit. Here is a picture - I do not have an old impeller on hand to compare.
    Attached Files

Comment

looks like same one in my 2006, i replace every year!

Comment

no splines?

Comment

Midwest MC upgraded my 2012 over the winter. Apparently there was an upgrade made available by MC for the strainer and the impeller...parts are free, just have to pay dealer to install. My understanding is the impeller is more durable and the strainer system is less likely to suck up air. Not sure if I got that right, but when your service guy says he'd do it for his new boat, that generally implies a no-brainer to me.
          Mediterranean Blue 2012 X2
          2017 Infiniti QX80

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!

Comment

Sounds correct, my boat was overheating at idle and they blamed the strainer for sucking air.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah it was all done free for me.

Comment

Yes,
                I also received free upgrade for the impeller as well as the raw water strainer. The Strainer has less volume than the old model and is less likely to air lock. I got the same story for the impeller - more durable.

Comment

Irritated I went to pick up my boat and they hadn't installed the new impeller and didn't mention to us until were ready to pick it up - didn't want to wait until another day so we went home without it being installed.

Has anyone installed this new kit? Dealer said it's difficult and requires removal of the belts, etc. My old boat I changed impeller relatively painlessly but don't want to mess anything up if it's not simple.

Comment

Here is the facts: the ones that MC is saying to replace have more of a rubber content which in turn are not as durable, which many have broke apart. Sherwood came out with the new ones that have more nylon in them which increases durability. My 13' X-10 had 65hrs on it at the end of last season, I replaced with the new one this spring. When I pulled the old one out it was already cracked in some spots so I would recommend replacing with the new one.

My dealer also gave me the strainer upgrade kit, downfall is that the inlet/outlet hoses do not reach the original location which in turn would of forced me to relocate the new strainer or get new hoses. The replacement is much smaller in size. I opted to leave the original one in, I don't seem to be having issues with air at this time. I still have the replacement that if it does get bad I will fight that battle then.

Comment

So do we know for sure if the Sherwood 22013 pictured above is now the recommended Impeller for the Ilmor 5.7 MV8?

Comment

-- we should not be having this conversation on new boats... but alas we are...
                        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Agreed. I just went to the dealer and bought one instead of guessing and buying online.

Comment

Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
                            Agreed. I just went to the dealer and bought one instead of guessing and buying online.
                            Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
                            So do we know for sure if the Sherwood 22013 pictured above is now the recommended Impeller for the Ilmor 5.7 MV8?
                            So what impeller manufacture/model did the mastercraft dealership sell? Was it the Sherwood 22013-shw? I have looked all around the web and can't seem to find it for sale anywhere.

Comment

the one I just bought from my dealer for my 14 was the sherwood 22013-SHW impeller kit. It included the impeller and a new o-ring gasket for the cover.
                              Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Working...
                              X